Best tablet for daylight viewing
14392 72 2016-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lheft
lvl.4
United States

You can use your large tablet. I found a plastic box that fits in the existing holder and put velcro on it and then put the opposing velcro on my Samsung Pro 12. It holds it perfectly. Get the really good velcro.
2016-4-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-4-1 11:42
Has anyone tried this one by Hoodman? My local store says it's great.

Hoodman link

Hey, hope all is well. Yes I have tried it. My parrot bebop drone came with one. It worked great as far as reflections on the device. Perfect, no glare whatsoever, crystal clear.
Only minor issue was the size and scarring people!
2016-4-1
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft

rayrokni Posted at 2016-4-2 00:45
Hey, hope all is well. Yes I have tried it. My parrot bebop drone came with one. It worked great a ...

Hey Ray
Haven't heard from you for awhile. Figured you were fed up with the influx of newbies after xmas. We early adopters have had enough of the fly away and crack stories. Always welcomed your sound advice.
To your point; it's still not as scary as someone wearing goggles. (Which I just got, but haven't been in a good location to use them yet.)
I would like to hear what you think of the Day-vue screen protector.
RNF
2016-4-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-4-1 16:15
Hey Ray
Haven't heard from you for awhile. Figured you were fed up with the influx of newbies afte ...

Yea, I thought the forum was just getting way far from its intended use!! Now, I see it's even worse! Lol
I should be receiving it next week some time, I will post video and review off it.
Take care and enjoy life
2016-4-1
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

I ordered and got the AmorGlas anti glare for my Ipad mini 4. Was 50 bucks. Had it out today in bright sunshine. With the sunshade it works great.  Was a PIA to put on to work the air bubbles out but no more reflection and mirroring.  
2016-4-1
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

2016-4-1
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

joshhill Posted at 2016-4-1 00:45
I did a quick search. I found this one. http://www.nushield.com   
Not sure if this is it, but it  ...

I just ordered the DayVu for my tablet. $30 delivered. Will report back on results. I can't believe I just spent $30 for an anti glare sheet...
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

FAS1 Posted at 2016-4-2 10:05
I just ordered the DayVu for my tablet. $30 delivered. Will report back on results. I can't believ ...

Me too. I saved 10% by searching for a coupon code.
2016-4-1
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-1 22:20
Me too. I saved 10% by searching for a coupon code.

That is with the 10% discount...
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

FAS1 Posted at 2016-4-2 10:23
That is with the 10% discount...

My total came to $25.80 for the Ipad Air DayVue
2016-4-1
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

FAS1 Posted at 2016-4-1 21:05
I just ordered the DayVu for my tablet. $30 delivered. Will report back on results. I can't believ ...

I was hesitant to spend that much as well, but if it works as they say. It will be well worth it. Fingers crossed
2016-4-1
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

Has anyone tried out the Anti-Glare 3M filters? Sounds like it should work.
http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/compa ... 294857497&rt=r3
2016-4-1
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-1 22:27
My total came to $25.80 for the Ipad Air DayVue

Well, to be precise, my total is $29.14 after 10% discount and after cheapest (1st class) shipping. Started out @ $27.00 before the discount & shipping.
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

FAS1 Posted at 2016-4-2 14:46
Well, to be precise, my total is $29.14 after 10% discount and after cheapest (1st class) shipping ...

Nice, I just hope I can see the screen in the sunlight. It also states that it works with polarized sunglasses which is great. If outside, i have t take my sunglasses off just to see data on my cell phone.
2016-4-1
Use props
piperjon
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-2 17:52
Nice, I just hope I can see the screen in the sunlight. It also states that it works with polarize ...

I bought my hood from this guy on eBay USA http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/uctopfpv?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 plus the prop guards. With the hood you receive a different holding bracket for you tablet. You also can adjust the hood down a bit more to cut out the sun light  But I did order for the Ipad Air DayVue from the same place as you Ken.
john
2016-4-1
Use props
ashley.j.g
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My favourite device is my iPhone 6s Plus, it's ideal, get a sun shade and an anti reflective screen protector. It's still not perfect but I find my smaller screen doesn't reflect the light as much as the bigger ones.
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

piperjon Posted at 2016-4-2 15:03
I bought my hood from this guy on eBay USA http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/uctopfpv?_trksid=p2047675.l25 ...

Looks like a lot of us ordered it, I'm sure it will work great as promised. We shall see.
2016-4-2
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

For those of you that ordered, how do you locate a shipping date or expected delivery date ? There is no tracking # on my confirmation email or no estimated delivery, unless I'm over looking it ( which is very possible lol )
2016-4-2
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

joshhill Posted at 2016-4-2 11:14
For those of you that ordered, how do you locate a shipping date or expected delivery date ? There i ...

Talking about the Dayvue
2016-4-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-4-1 10:42
Has anyone tried this one by Hoodman? My local store says it's great.

Hoodman link

Rnfaust, I just ordered Hoodman  for the Ipad Air, I will let you know,

Cheers - donnie
2016-4-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-1 09:37
Wow, looks like a bunch of you ordered the DayVue, I ordered that one as well.
I'm hoping it works g ...

I  did as well Ken , I also ordered the Hoodman, I just hate the Glare of the Sun, cant see.  I have tried two other types that are minimally effective.  Hope these work.

brother donnie
2016-4-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-3 01:45
I  did as well Ken , I also ordered the Hoodman, I just hate the Glare of the Sun, cant see.  I ha ...

Ya, I saw the Hoodman. Looks very nice. Hopefully the NuShield Day Vue works awesome an a sun shade is no longer needed.
2016-4-2
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Mine shipped yesterday.
2016-4-7
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

I got my Nushield Dayvue today.
1. Installation was easy, bubbles were easy to push out using just finger
2. I love that it does not dull the screen like most ani glare
3. I have not gone flying with it on yet but I did walk outside with my iPad and my sons iPad to compare. The difference was very noticeable. While my sons iPad was unviewable I could see mine fine.
2016-4-8
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone else got there Dayvue shield in and used it ? Reviews?
2016-4-11
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-1 14:06
My gosh,  THAT'S IT. You are the man, thank you very much sir. I am ordering now.
Thanks again

Did you ever get this in? I was on the website, wondering which one you got and if it worked well.
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

G_MEZ_G Posted at 2016-4-13 01:40
Did you ever get this in? I was on the website, wondering which one you got and if it worked well.

I did receive it and it was a semi overcast day and to me it helped but not nearly as much as I though it would. I tested with a tree above and also with a clear view of the sky.The edges wouldn't fully bond to the iPad.
I peeled off my old clear screen protecter and put it on the other one before I threw it away.I think I need to stick with my Hoodivision sunshade.

2016-4-12
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-12 14:05
I did receive it and it was a semi overcast day and to me it helped but not nearly as much as I tho ...

Ken,

Thanks for the review. Not really what I was hoping for now that I have $100 worth of them on their way! Wish I had waited for your review before I ordered them. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks again,

Jerry
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-4-13 03:32
Ken,

Thanks for the review. Not really what I was hoping for now that I have $100 worth of them o ...

No big deal, you can return them and they pay for return shipping.
It does work better then not having it.
I may keep mine as I removed the old one and tossed it in the trash, so I need to but something to protect the glass anyways.
I was really hoping for this to be my ultimate solution.
2016-4-12
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

I use mine in conjunction with this sun shade http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Z5ZD98U/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1460495553&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=phantom+3+sun+shade+ipad+9.7&dpPl=1&dpID=41E0E%2BjrSgL&ref=plSrch. The combination works really well. It performs much better when used with a shade.
2016-4-12
Use props
Rockn_P3Pro
lvl.1

United States

My Galaxy S5 actually does pretty good in direct sunlight.  MUCH better than my Nexus 7 and a lot better than the iPad mini by buddy uses.  My wife's Note 7 however (yes, she still has hers) does amazingly well in direct sunlight as it is registered at 1048nit of brightness.  (that's just a tad higher than the new "plus" screen on the Phantom 4 Professional Plus.  Unfortunately, I don't get to use it all that often so that's why I'm so interested in holding out for the P4PP, as opposed to settling the vanilla P4P.  I only wish I would have upgraded to the Note 7 when I had a chance.   Oh well, it is what it is.
One thing to keep in mind to those folks who are using a Samsung Amoled screen:  set your screen to "auto" brightness and not manual.  It will actually get much brighter in auto mode while in direct sunlight, than it will set to manual brightness.  I've never had to use a sunshade on my S5.  Granted, it still isn't as bright as I would like, but it is definitely "usable" during those bright sunny days.  
2016-12-1
Use props
djiuser_fQN01vs
New

United Kingdom

No good increasing  bor decreasing bightness on the tablet/mobile, it can be done on the tablet when connected to the plane. i done it once, but forgot how i done it. Bythewat, have you noticed that on the videos that come up, they are not using any kind of screen what so ever, and also in the tutorials, need to ask them, or phone up a toy shop/customers services, i'm sure they will help, will be doint that myself tom.
2017-8-25
Use props
Hotwire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10719 ft
Australia

The problem is your reflection so "get a black T shirt and wear it back-to-front so you don't show your collar " tilt the scream down to reflect you shirt and you will see the screen.TaDa
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules