how can the nose down in gh4 be calibrated?
1016 8 2016-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
limeph
New

Greece

I managed to balance the tilt of the gimbal by unscrewing the bolts of the parallel arm with the camera, and slowly moving it up-down managed to 99% stay straight.The camera though its facing down, and i have no clue how to balance it to look forward.
I have the jelly effect in my videos and fixing this hope to deal with it.
ANY HELP will be appreciated.
2016-4-2
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

You are using the Olympus zuiko 12mm lens right?  You can adjust try moving it back a little on the gimbal, but you should not have to do that.   Have you tried calibrating the gimbal?  Turn on the craft and with it on a flat levelled surface toggle the mode switch 5 to 6 times fast and the gimbal will calibrate itself.  If that does not work I would suggest you to contact dji support, you might need to send it in for them to calibrate it properly.
2016-4-2
Use props
limeph
New

Greece

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-4-2 18:24
You are using the Olympus zuiko 12mm lens right?  You can adjust try moving it back a little on the  ...

When i turn it on, the gimbal is doing  the calibration as its supposed to, and when its done, the camera is looking straight ahead.
From what i understand, even when its off, should look straight forward and when moved to any direction to stay in the direction you push it.
The problem as i  mentioned in my first post, is the jelly effect, so calibrating the gimball i hope to fix it.
I will try what you suggested.
Thanks for your help.
2016-4-2
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

No problem.  Let me know if it works.  Also what settings are you recording?  depending on what shutter speed you are shooting you will get Jelly effect
2016-4-3
Use props
limeph
New

Greece

Hi again!
In order to get it straight totally, i should take the camera so back that the screw under the gimbal doesnt fit anymore.
Still though i took it back slightly and partially is fixed.
For settings, i try to double (at least) the exposure to my framerate.
An aperture max f9-f11.
2016-4-6
Use props
limeph
New

Greece

It seems it just got worse!!
Now it doesnt even calibrate on its own.
It s making some  weak moves for minutes and it doesnt stop.
I think i am gonna take it to dji distributor, which is 18 hours by boat!!!
2016-4-6
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

limeph Posted at 2016-4-6 11:44
It seems it just got worse!!
Now it doesnt even calibrate on its own.
It s making some  weak moves  ...

wow,  that sucks!  I feel for you man, but it is better to have it sent in to DJI so they can do proper calibration on it before you end up overstressing the motors.  You should never have to reposition the camera back further to get the camera to balance.   If that is the case then your balance is way off.   18hrs by boat?  what part of Greece are you in?   

I haven't been there in Greece in 4 years.   I remember taking the boat from Italy to Greece and then I drove to Athens.

2016-4-6
Use props
limeph
New

Greece

I am from Rhodes, and to get to Piraeus u need 18 hours.
Well the "Ready to fly" thing isn t realistic.
I am spending hours in forums, youtube etc. to see how i can balance it , unscrewing and repositioning the gimbal and somehow its now working a little bit.
I ll see how it goes and probably i ll send it by courier services.
Whole new world.

In any case thank you for the time u spent to give me advise.
In case u decide to come to Rhodes anytime, i ll be happy to show you around.
2016-4-7
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

limeph Posted at 2016-4-7 16:44
I am from Rhodes, and to get to Piraeus u need 18 hours.
Well the "Ready to fly" thing isn t realis ...

That would be great.   Maybe I will even bring my S900.   Let me know how it turns out with the gimbal.
2016-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules