Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Few questions for beginner
880 9 2016-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bill4
lvl.1
United States

I attach this to my back window of my car and drive. it does a great job of dampening the vibrations, however I dont want it to pan. Every time I make a turn, the camera ends up looking out the window then comes back around front. Is there a way to stop the panning or minimize, but keep the vertical movement?

Also, when hand holding, if I go from vertical the upside down, the gimbal doesn't move out of the way and the camera cant move anymore. It seems to me, the gimbal would just need to reverse. I can do this manually, but not in one smoot movement. any suggestions?
Also, the sound on microphone is terrible, I have that little mic that sticks out a couple inches.
Please look at this video, it explains a few issues.
Yes, I know I need to get ND filters to get a more desirable exposure.

2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Thanks for your feedback!
Due to the mechanical endpoint of electronic device and the object's inertia movement , the smoothtrack function of the Osmo may not work very well under fierce movement situation and you may need to calibrate the gimbal in the DJI GO App or recenter the gimbal by taping twice the Trigger button.
I won't say that the performance of the audio is perfect, but we've been improving all the time. The latest firmware will be recommended for a better using experience.
Nice drive, by the way!

2016-3-31
Use props
bill4
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-31 19:31
Hello!
Thanks for your feedback!
Due to the mechanical endpoint of electronic device and the object' ...

Thanks for your quick reply. Even under light driving, it pans left and right. I am just wondering if there is a way to minimize the panning features of OSMO?
Also, when hand holding, is there a way to go from vertical to upside down in a smooth movement? or will the gimble always get in the way?
2016-4-1
Use props
m.friedl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

@bill4,

Video is not so bad, but your Drivereperience is not good.

Would recommend a special driver training for you because your big movements in your Porsches Seat are not good!

Sorry, but...

Have you ever tried to lock the Camera with a fixed Field of view ?

Gives the Video more look like FPV

@DJI-Adela,

Sound is not perfect because it´s an OSMO but in the Video is it nice because the Noise comes from a Porsche

Greetings - Mike
2016-4-1
Use props
bill4
lvl.1
United States

m.friedl@a1.net Posted at 2016-4-1 14:46
@bill4,

Video is not so bad, but your Drivereperience is not good.

How do I lock the camera with a field of view? I am not especially concerned with your opinion about my driving. Please leave that up to me, this is a forum about DJI cameras, thanks.
2016-4-1
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.4
Argentina

bill4 Posted at 2016-4-2 03:14
How do I lock the camera with a field of view? I am not especially concerned with your opinion abo ...

Increase the speed of the pan smoothtrack in the menu, increase the acceleration of the pan smoothtrack too, that way it will reposition to center faster that it is at the moment, that option is on configuration, gimbal, select C1, or C2 (Custom profiles).

Also, how much HP bro? Is it stock?
2016-4-2
Use props
bill4
lvl.1
United States

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-4-2 11:54
Increase the speed of the pan smoothtrack in the menu, increase the acceleration of the pan smooth ...

Thanks, the porsche thing is just a hobby. It is a 1967 Porsche 912. If you know about older porsches, when they went from the 356 with their 80hp boxer 4, they made the 911 and the 912. the 911 had a new 6 cylinder boxer engine which produced 120hp. The new 912 used a modified version of the 356 motor which was very reliable and produced 96hp.  My engine is a race version of the original 1.6L four cylinder engine and now produces a little over 150hp.  Not much in todays standards, but they are very fun in the hills where its very curvy.  These cars are very lightweight well balanced little cars that are fun to drive.
About the advice, I did those things and still it pans. I am assuming there is no way to lock it in position or turn off pan all together?  I am just learning this device and I am interested in its capabilities.

2016-4-2
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.4
Argentina

bill4 Posted at 2016-4-3 05:10
Thanks, the porsche thing is just a hobby. It is a 1967 Porsche 912. If you know about older porsch ...

Thanks, i love cars, my friend has a Gtr and a 911 carrera s, orgasmic acceleration haha.

About the osmo, did you decreased the Deadband to 0? If not, set 0 or 1, deadband tells osmo how much angle it needs before it turns the head, the higher the number, te latest responds of the gimbal, in your case you need to have a lower number, the gimbal works as a compass, it will always point at the same direction, thats why when you turn with the car, it pans. You can't disable that, thats how it works, you will need a 2 Axis gimbal then, one that does not have a pan motor. Hope that helps
2016-4-2
Use props
bill4
lvl.1
United States

Great, thanks for the info. I am glad to know that is just how it works.
2016-4-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-4-3 12:59
Thanks, i love cars, my friend has a Gtr and a 911 carrera s, orgasmic acceleration haha.

About t ...

Nice! Thanks for your answers! That's right!
2016-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules