Thread for Newbies
312085 916 2014-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

rickardomc Posted at 2-14 00:29
Hi to everybody,
asap i'll open a thread because I've some problems on my dji 3 rc.
this is only an attempt to try to take the right for ask my question to the community

Hi rickardomc, may I know what problems do you encounter when using the RC of Phantom 3? We'd like to check and help you out.
2019-2-15
Use props
UnsatisfiedUser
New

Poland

Hello,

since I'm unable to post new thread in this forum I've got a simple question - why I'm unable to have my first flight with my DJI Spark drone using RC?
My Drone is:
- paired with RC
- has a vision threw camera on my phone
- activated

The only time I was able to start my drone were when I enable automatic start in DJI GO application. Otherwise it is not working at all. Also I tried to pair drone with my phone but I'm unable to do so because It's not possible to unpair it with a RC - I tried to push the power button and wait untill 2 beeps (6-9s) but it does not work AT ALL and Drone wifi is still not showing up on my wifi list.

Every youtube video showing how EASY it is to start a drone is ONE BIG JOKE. I'm already trying to do so for 3 days, watched multiple tutorials and have read multiple threads on this forum - it still does not work.

I would be really grateful if someone can tell me how can I finally start my dron using RC.
2019-2-17
Use props
fanscdb604f6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61890 ft
United States

Hi everyone,

I've had my phantom 3 pro for almost one year with ~20 success flights. Last Dec, I made a mistake on installing propellers and crashed my drone since one propeller was loose. It was my fault so paid the repair fee. From that on, I've been really cautious about installing propellers.

Yesterday was my second flight after my first crash. It crashed  again and I don't know why this time. I flew it smoothly for around 6 minutes and used return home button. It returned successfully and hovered on top of my head (40 meter height). Then I started to land it manually (I had one bad experience about auto landing so I always do it manually later on).  When it was down to like 14 meters, it started flipping over and then I saw this warning on my app Warning-Motor idling (loose or missing propeller). It kept flipping over and crashed. (Notice that the warning was after it started to flip over)

I don't believe I made mistake on installing propeller since I check it before taking off and it was flying for 6 minutes. But when I got the drone, I can see there is one propeller missing while other three are broken. It just seems so weird to me.

Anyone has any thought?
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fanscdb604f6 Posted at 2-25 20:30
Hi everyone,

I've had my phantom 3 pro for almost one year with ~20 success flights. Last Dec, I made a mistake on installing propellers and crashed my drone since one propeller was loose. It was my fault so paid the repair fee. From that on, I've been really cautious about installing propellers.

Hi there, we are sorry for the crash accident, if the drone is still in the warranty period, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, the team will figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2019-2-25
Use props
fanscdb604f6
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-25 22:13
Hi there, we are sorry for the crash accident, if the drone is still in the warranty period, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, the team will figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution.

It is still in warranty. But I got this drone in China and crashed it in US. Am I still able to use this warranty?
2019-2-26
Use props
fanscdb604f6
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-25 22:13

It is still in warranty. But I got this drone in China and crashed it in US. Am I still able to use this warranty?
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanscdb604f6 Posted at 2-26 11:06

Unfortunately, we do not provide international warranty at the moment. Customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge.
Please contact our support team first who will guide you what to do next.
2019-2-27
Use props
Ron90290
lvl.1
Flight distance : 407 ft
India

It has been more than half an hour since my account was verified but I'm still not create a new thread for a query about my spark charging hub
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ron90290 Posted at 3-5 09:18
It has been more than half an hour since my account was verified but I'm still not create a new thread for a query about my spark charging hub

Hi Ron, the point system of the “New” group has been changed to 0~20 points, and this group of users is not able to create new posts. More details, you may visit this link: https://forum.dji.com/thread-165421-1-1.html
2019-3-5
Use props
sulli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1119 ft
Spain

Weird point system, really!
2019-3-20
Use props
andantesash
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi There,

I tried to create a thread in Mavic Air forum section but it wouldn't let me, i'm guessing this is because i'm a new user.

I am having  a problem with my new Mavic Air, I follow the instructions on setting up and have watched countless youtube videos but my remote controller won't connect with the drone. I can connect the drone to my phone without issue and the camera displays etc, but I cannot get it to connect with the controller so I can fly it with that.

I bought the drone for coming on holiday and i'm in a week now and still can't get it to connect and i'm missing some amazing locations because of this connection issue.

Once I get it all switched on, the remote controller has a red light - the two lights on the drone are red and there back light is flashing yellow quickly.

Any tips on how I can fix this urgently?

Thanks
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

andantesash Posted at 3-23 07:36
Hi There,

I tried to create a thread in Mavic Air forum section but it wouldn't let me, i'm guessing this is because i'm a new user.

Hi andantesash, I see you have already started your own thread, I will just give you some advice here.
1. The firmware of the RC and the aircraft must be matched before linking. The latest firmware of the aircraft is v01.00.0560, the latest firmware of RC is v01.00.0200, please check the firmware version in the APP--General Settings--About.
2. Did you link them manually? Press and hold the Power button on the tail of the aircraft for about 3 seconds, and release it when a beep is heard, the aircraft will start linking, and the front LED will blink red quickly. Press the Flight Pause Button, Function Button, and Customizable Button at the same time, release them when RC makes a beeping sound.
When the beeping stops, the LED in the RC will become green.
2019-3-25
Use props
marcin
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fansdebb0b6c Posted at 2017-4-5 01:50
Yes, for some reason it is not possible to add a new thread on new accounts. I am not going to read the complete rule list. Just use your brain is usually the way to go. I guess i need to make a first post before starting a new thread?

who know maybe my answer to your post give me that persmision
2019-4-8
Use props
Field_app
New

Greece

I have ecs error on my brand new Agras MG-1P.
Can anyone provide me with any informations?
2019-4-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Field_app Posted at 4-13 06:56
I have ecs error on my brand new Agras MG-1P.
Can anyone provide me with any informations?

Hi Field_app, we're sorry for the troubles. Please kindly contact your dealer and report in dealer system, the designated team will take care of it. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-4-15
Use props
fansbdd974da
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone else had their Mavic Pro just drop out of the sky? Mine just fell without warning, did not return to home, gave some message about the SD card after wards. I almost have no faith now. I just got it. It’s ruined. I was in a park. I spent over 2000$ last month on dji stuff. Not really confident about it now.
2019-4-16
Use props
Mavicair-HANS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78773 ft
Netherlands

Great way to get answers of give help from and to anyone.
2019-5-19
Use props
MajorsMavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4166627 ft
South Africa

steveblack59@gm Posted at 2014-9-28 11:43
I just did my first test flight yesterday and everything worked fine - camara was level and the video was good. Today when I powered on - the camara is pointing down - not level. Any ideas?

Try to recalibrate it.
2019-5-20
Use props
Starfox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HI,   New pilot with problem Phantom 4

2019-5-23
Use props
djiuser_pPjUPsCxNOVA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51030 ft

United Kingdom

Hello, I have just got a Mavic Pro and cannot work out why the drone saves really low res photos to my phone and not semi decent ones. Sometimes it does save a decent one to my phone but always saves a rubbish one as well. Can some one tell me how to stop it saving the rubbish ones (like attached) to my phone and always save decent ones.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
2019-5-26
Use props
Herobrine
lvl.1
United States

Super confused, but under the impression I have to post here before I make a thread for some reason.
2019-7-2
Use props
user2277
New

Finland

test test test test
2019-7-3
Use props
Dan.K.
lvl.1
Italy

Hello,
in the top posting you state: "You can create new threads or reply to existing threads just 30 minutes after you create an account."

However, the forum rules section XVI "User Groups" state that I need >= 20 points to post a [new] thread.
See here: ->forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=71515&pid=623201

What is correct?

By the way: I'm obviously not allowed to post clickable URLs (even though they point to this forum) Why is this? The forum rules are silent about this.
2019-7-8
Use props
Dan.K.
lvl.1
Italy

How do I enable e-mail notifications? The guide does not show this setting at all.

Here is a screenshot of my 'personal homepage' as it currently looks:
dji notifications.PNG
When 'unsubscribe from email notifications' is checked, does that mean I will receiv email notifications or not?

That wording is super confusing.

2019-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dan.K. Posted at 7-8 04:04
How do I enable e-mail notifications? The guide does not show this setting at all.

Here is a screenshot of my 'personal homepage' as it currently looks:

Hi Dan.K. the rules have been changed, please check more details here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-165421-1-1.html You are able to start your new thread since you are already lvl.1.
Please check 'Unsubscribe from email notifications' then you will receive the email.
2019-7-8
Use props
likhan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398 ft
Netherlands

I am trying to collect some points to start a thread about a crash. Apologies for replying leeching some points.
2019-7-20
Use props
Fridward
New

Germany

Well - After reading I do not know how many messages I still have not found out how to post a new one
2019-8-4
Use props
Fridward
New

Germany

Well - After reading I do not know how many messages I still have not found out how to post a new one
2019-8-4
Use props
moicel
lvl.1

Austria

So,  got an account did everything you need to do to post but i still cant post a Thread.  Can you Help me?

Honestly this Forum is so over complicated it's almost funny.

2019-8-12
Use props
Julien L86
New
France

Hello,
I bought a ronin s and I have a problem I can not do the infinite rotation, it blocks it, and it turns in all directions ... more when I do the test balance the pitch does not work ... he marks needed rebalance,
Thank you for your answers
2019-8-13
Use props
niekra
New
Netherlands

Just testing my account
2019-8-18
Use props
niekra
New
Netherlands

I have activated my account via email a few hours ago, but I can still not post a new thread. I keep getting the following message:

You don't have authority to post in "New" group, redirecting to Forum Rules page now…

Did anyone encounter the same problem? Thanks in advance
2019-8-18
Use props
Blindbiatch
New
United Kingdom

I can not activate my osmo pocket either with the app on my phone or my iPad...help
2019-8-23
Use props
Blindbiatch
New
United Kingdom

Scrap that...it’s sorted
2019-8-23
Use props
noori morgan
lvl.1

thank you very much all
2019-9-27
Use props
BNortonPhoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1115 ft

Smart controller Loss of Images
So i can't post properly yet so I'll ask here. I went out and took my first proper flight yesterday with my Mavic 2 Pro. I have a few MSD cards, all to DJI spec and the Smart Controller so I put one card in the drone and one in the Smart controller. It asked if i wanted to make the card the main save location and i agreed and started shooting. The cards are both Samsung EVO 128gb one Pro and the other Select.
After about 80 RAW shots and 3-5 20 sec videos, i got a message asking if i wanted to switch to the SD card so i assumed it hadn't chosen the card correctly initially so selected yes and shot maybe another 10 RAWs.
When i get home and look for the images, there's nothing there at first at all. I've done some reading and check if there's a Firmware update and there was, this then revealed all of my work, the 8-10 RAWS I shot to the card at the end and the initial 80 RAWs but these are all around 48kb and show only in the folder search in the cache. I didn't format anything and I've looked across all the cards.
One thing i noticed is the controller has about 2.5/3gb of it's storage used when i started the controller up for the first time for what I'm assuming is the system software for it. It now shows 7.2gb used so my work must be in there somewhere. Anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong?
2019-10-7
Use props
djiuser_SA8X0gDWODke
lvl.1

Canada

Très content d’avoir découvert le drone!
2019-10-26
Use props
djiuser_SA8X0gDWODke
lvl.1

Canada

Très content d’avoir découvert le drone!
2019-10-26
Use props
Guybrush Threepwood
lvl.1
Canada

Apparently I need to jump through a bunch of hoops and use a browser with Flash enabled like it was 2003. So hopefully this works because I am not here to chat about what I had for dinner. I have issues with my product and I need answers.
2019-12-3
Use props
Guybrush Threepwood
lvl.1
Canada

Apparently that wasn't enough points to post. What am I supposed to do now? Keep logging in each day until I earn the privilege to ask for help?

I'm getting closer to returning this to Amazon by the moment.
2019-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules