Thread for Newbies
311663 916 2014-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miki.email
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Everyone.
Can anyone tell me if the flight simulator is included with the android DJI Pilot app?
I see from various videos it is there on the apple app which has been temporarily withdrawn , but there is no sign of it with the Android version of the app.
IF anyone can shed any light on this I would appreciate it
2015-2-1
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

miki.email Posted at 2015-2-2 02:56
Hi Everyone.
Can anyone tell me if the flight simulator is included with the android DJI Pilot app?

Miki,

I had a reply to another post that the simulator doesnt work on android - simulator for IOS only.  Although I cant verify that.
2015-2-1
Use props
gmaccuish2000.y
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842024 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, Gary Maccuish here from Oban on the west coast of Scotland.
Bought a phantom vision 2 plus last week. Weather has been terrible until tonight so had my first flight in the dark, the machine performed beautifully. No complaints at all so far. The LEDs make it very easy to fly in the dark
Weather permitting some more flying tomorrow, hopefully get some filming done.
2015-2-1
Use props
Brianannemartin
lvl.1

Ireland

kiteflyer60@yah Posted at 2014-10-6 06:04
I just got a new P2V+ yesterday and within 40 minutes I lost control of it and it crashed into a pal ...

I think DJI should offer a simulator mode in the P2V App similar to the one they provide on the Insprie 1, that way it would save a lost of costs to the pilot and also potentially to Dji.
2015-2-2
Use props
Thampiss.gmail
New

United States

knichefilms Posted at 2014-10-23 01:19
The wifi app is a GoPro product not  a DJI product, that works off a wireless broadcast that comes ...

I believe that DJI cautions against turning the GoPro wifi on, because it interferes with the RC transmitter link, that have been known to cause crashes / flyaways etc.  Just received wisdom, so far, in my case:-)
2015-2-2
Use props
drewp
New

United States

Hey everyone,  I'm ready to take the plunge on a P2V+   I've been training for about a year +.   First w/ a Blade nano qx...both indoors and out.  I then have been flying a Syma X5C outdoors.  I feel like I am becoming quite profficient w/ it.  I can fly it in rather windy conditions and I can let it get out to where it's a small speck in the sky and then w/ some input controls, I can determine it's orientation and get it back to me and landed safely.  I'm HOPING that these skills will translate well to flying the Phantom.  Two questions:   Does flying using FPV make it a bit easier to control orientation/flight AND returning to home than say just visual orientation in the sky which I'm used to?  Also, is anyone using any type of a UAV tracker/GPS module in case of fly away?   I'm thinking about the Drone Mods UAV tracker.    Thanks!
2015-2-3
Use props
Badger
New

United Kingdom

Hi all I'm so new that I'm yet to purchase the Phantom 2.
The only sticking point that's preventing me is the fact that I own a GoPro Hero 4 Silver(LCD back screen). I've heard mixed messages across the web on whether or not the Silver is compatible with H4-3D/H3-3D gimbals. Any insight to this would be much appreciated,
Thanks.  
2015-2-4
Use props
nubi
lvl.1

United States

As my name implies, I have just unpacked my Phantom 2 Vision + ..... charged up the Smart Batteries and the 'Extender' battery.  Now what may seem to be a silly question ...... Can I fly the quad without a Smart Phone ?   Can I get a Smart Phone and use it exclusively foe the Quad?
Thanks for your assistance.
2015-2-5
Use props
grangerfx.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

nubi Posted at 2015-2-6 11:23
As my name implies, I have just unpacked my Phantom 2 Vision + ..... charged up the Smart Batteries  ...

Yes you can fly with just the controller. I don't think there is a way to start the video recording though (another reason why DJI should make video recording on by default while the drone is flying).

Yes you can use a dedicated smart phone. You can even use an iPod Touch or a tablet with only WiFi. I use an iPad Mini with a nice hood I got from Amazon mounted on a tripod. You can mount it on the controller as well but I think that would make it a bit heavy. Perhaps it could work with a neck strap.
2015-2-7
Use props
MrTommy
New

United States

rcowell@assetqu Posted at 2014-10-15 05:51
I am very new to flying the Phantom 2.   If I am going from location to location within 5 or 10 minu ...

You don't really have to because you're not moving that far, but, having said that, I always do - just to be sure.
2015-2-7
Use props
miki.email
lvl.1

United Kingdom

miki.email Posted at 2015-2-2 02:56
Hi Everyone.

Hi GB44,
Thanks for the reply.
I hope DJI will put some more work into the android version and include the simulator in the near future especially as there is no sign of the IOS version on the horizon.
2015-2-7
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

can anyone tell me how to find out the MAC address for the camera, other than via the QR code on the box?

I had a flyaway, but got the vision 2 back. The camera had been removed, but that was traced as well and was also returned in the end. However, putting it back together, it (the camera) doesn't work on the DJI app. I can connect by wifi so the transmitter and camera must be working, but when try to bind the camera using the QR code on the app, it gives an error message on the smartphone screen of "access to the camera is explicitly denied"

I have the camera serial no but I need the MAC address to try manually inputting it.

Serial No and no's on the camera sticker are:

FC200 FCC ID:SS3-FC2001307
AK041336287107  
I need to bind the  
2015-2-8
Use props
amyhong0203
New

United Kingdom

Hi, just placed my first order for a phantom 2 and a H4-3D gimbal, looking forward to it!
2015-2-8
Use props
mail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26919 ft
Germany

gailbellenger@y Posted at 2014-11-9 08:48
Hi, I have a Phantom 2 Quad and the Wifi has never stayed connected for more than a second or two. I ...

Hello,
I had the same problem. Eventually found out that the camera linked to the WIFI was not the camera delivered in the package. Simply relink the camera. Good luck.
2015-2-9
Use props
peter.alonso.ym
New

United States

i just recently purchased purchased a used Phantom 2 vison with no Camera and no  wifi repeater, which fine becasue i have my own gimbal and Gopro camera. However, my concern is the following...does my drone itself have a wifi signal that i can bind to the DJI vision on my mobile device so that i can use the radar/altimeter functions? any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
2015-2-9
Use props
billsf76
New

United States

Newbie here. Just wanted to thank everyone for the informative posts. Really helped in picking my Phantom and getting everything I needed. Got my Phantom 2 yesterday, installed a G-2D gimbal today. Maiden flight link below. Nothing too fancy, was just in my backyard. Better videos to come (hopefully )

2015-2-14
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Pre-Flight Checklist

Make Sure Picture and Address are on memory card in the event of fly away.
Make Sure Batteries Are Fully Charged in Both TX and A/C
Memory Cards and Cables
Verify Mode P/A/F
Power On TX
Power On A/C
Load DJI App
Enable Airplane Mode in IPAD
Turn Off Wi-Fi Mode in IPAD
Turn Cell Phone off
Exit Storage Mode via the app
Power Off A/C
Attach Camera
Install Props & Prop locks.
If its winter set outside for a few minutes to get acculamated to Temp.
Power On TX & A/C in this order.
Check For cleanest Video Channel.
Calibrate Compass
Check IMU Calibration .99 - 1.01
Check Mod Values.
Set Fail Safe Height
Set RTH For A/C or TX
Point Antennas Correctly on TX
Power up motors if in winter to allow motors to warm up for a minute or so.
Take A/C up to about 10ft and move a little left and right, forward and aft. Making sure that there is no drifting going on and gets a good GPS lock.
Then put up your gear and enjoy your flight ☺

The whole process doesn’t take that long once you get use to doing it. I no someone here said that brushless motors don’t need to be warmed up but it’s just something I do.  I have posted this in the forum as well but being this is a sticky and for newbie's I just wanted to add it here as well. This is my checklist enjoy and I hope it helps....

Mike
2015-2-15
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am very new to flying the Phantom 2.   If I am going from location to location within 5 or 10 minu ...

I don't have to with mine. I traveled around 6 miles from my original calibration point without any issues. Also it has been idle for weeks at a time without any issue. By the number of compass issues reported with the Inspire it must be a different platform than the Phantom series.
2015-2-23
Use props
billsf76
New

United States

I have a Phantom 2 with a Walkera G-2D gimbal & GoPro Hero3+ and get amazing and stable footage.
2015-2-23
Use props
billsf76
New

United States

Another noob here though I feel like I'm advancing quite well. Have about 20 flights under my belt with only 1 crash

Here's a video from this past weekend. The crash is when my friend was piloting lol

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=uXCIdMtv00o&u=/watch%3Fv%3DHdgmWH-RdNo%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner
2015-2-23
Use props
tlc_com
New

United States

I saw a great link about 3weeks ago someone posted on getting started. I want my family to watch it but can't find it. any help would be great.
It was a very good informational video from opening the box to first stage of flying it. I believe it said Getting started  but can't find on site and you tube.

Thx in advance
2015-2-23
Use props
ogoh2
New

Indonesia

Hi Guys,

I have a Iphone and I want to use it for my screen. I noticed that the signal is delayed and once I get over a certain height i loose my picture.
Is there a simple way to strengthen this pairing from my GoPro to the Iphone?

What are the best solutions for getting a cheap setup solution so that I can have a good screen that gives me live shots of what my drone is seeing at a high distance.

Thank you in Advance
2015-2-23
Use props
tahoejmfc
lvl.1

United States

Gopros do not have very long distance wifi to phone connection, maybe 40 feet if you are lucky. I dont know of any way to extend your gopros wifi network. Also the gopro used 2.4 and so does your copters control link. You prolly should not be using the gopros wifi at the same time as flying. I know it works, but you could cause interference and loose your copter.
2015-2-24
Use props
ogoh2
New

Indonesia

tahoejmfc Posted at 2015-2-25 00:41
Gopros do not have very long distance wifi to phone connection, maybe 40 feet if you are lucky. I do ...

Hi Tahoe,

Thanks for the reply!
So then I guess the next question would be, where do I find a good screen that I can buy for my Gopro?
Any suggestions on where to purchase this?
Do I need to add anything to my Drone to get more signal strength at the same time?

2015-2-24
Use props
tahoejmfc
lvl.1

United States

You will need to add a 5.8FPV video transmitter and get a diversity receiver built into a monitor. you can use hobby king for the monitor, just make sure it is using the channels that your vtx is using when you purchase. Dji makes a nice VTX/VRX and a fpv connection board so you dont have to do any soldiering. You should check out rcgroups to see what others have done
2015-2-24
Use props
ogoh2
New

Indonesia

Thank you Tahoe JMFC

Ill get onto this and follow us on @thebalidrone

Regards

Nathan
2015-2-26
Use props
kb.burnett1.gma
New

United Kingdom

paulfkcc Posted at 2014-10-14 11:30
I'm trying to assemble an S1000 for the first time and I don't know my butt from first base.  My uni ...

Lots of assembly videos on youtube to watch.
2015-3-1
Use props
abram.corcoran
lvl.1

United States

Being that it only takes moments to calibrate the compass, I recal every time I power down the machine. Why take a chance on losing your expensive investment. 2 vision plus owner
2015-3-1
Use props
jliddil
lvl.2

United States

Is there a document that has all the acronyms defined?
2015-3-2
Use props
TCoupe
New

United States

Hello DJI Community, I'm glad to be here and looking forward to hearing and learning a lot.
~Terry
2015-3-3
Use props
jliddil
lvl.2

United States

UAVForum.UK Posted at 2015-3-4 08:15
You might find this helpful http://uavforums.uk/index.php?topic=5.0

It's on our UK Forum but we h ...

thanks for the link
2015-3-3
Use props
smitty
New

United States

Irphred Posted at 2014-11-5 06:15
Nice.  I have a 2002 C5.  I live in SoCal. Couldn't pass up the deal.  Only 9k miles on it.  Also h ...

Have a 1997 Viper GTS, gold package (one of 4 built), 2008 Shelby GT 500, and a 1973 VW Beetle.  Oh yes, and my latest is a Vision plus V3.  
2015-3-4
Use props
smitty
New

United States

swhalen002@bell Posted at 2014-11-11 23:47
I will be purchasing the Phantom 2 Vision+. What editing program can be used with this video camera. ...

Similar question, a two minute vid is 300meg, (1080 @ 15 FPS), would like to be able to send some of my vids in e-mail, what is the best way?
2015-3-4
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

smitty@ctvea.ne Posted at 2015-3-5 10:03
Similar question, a two minute vid is 300meg, (1080 @ 15 FPS), would like to be able to send some  ...

Upload to youtube, mark as private if you don't want them out there in public and send link via email
2015-3-5
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

We seem to have lost the link to the UK Forum it's www.uavforum.uk
2015-3-5
Use props
go4two
lvl.2

United States

Hello All!

I’ve almost ready to purchase my first DJI Phantom II, but I am torn between the Vision plus and getting the Phantom II with the H4-3D combo.  I already have a GoPro Hero 4 Silver, so this is why I’m torn.  I also want to have the ground station and FPV properties that the Vision plus provides.  For the price of $1169 I can get the Vision plus and fly it out of the box the way I eventually want my GoPro H4 Silver setup with the Phantom II.   From all of the Youtube videos I’ve watched using the Vision plus, the quality of the video seem very good.  So, I’m leaning towards the Vision plus.

Does anyone have any advice/recommendations for me before I blow this $1169 that is burning a hole in my pocket?  Is there a really good vendor that can provide me the GoPro package I want RTF out of the box and a reasonable price?  I really want the ground station and the FPV.  I’ve seen a few on Amazon, but don’t know if the vendor is reputable or not?
2015-3-5
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Hello all!  New to the Phantom world (P2V+V3).  Have not had it in the air yet, that comes later today.  Have been flying a Hubsan X4 so this should be quite a new experience for me.  Am looking forward to lots of great air time.  Have been reading through the forums for a few days now, lots of good information posted.  Seems like a good/helpful community.  Happy flying!

Edit to add: WOW!  First flight, used up two batteries (all I have right now) and I can't imagine flying the Hubsan ever again.  My batteries cannot charge fast enough.
2015-3-7
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392920 ft
Spain

Hello everyone, I'm Arsenic from Casatilla and Leon, Spain.
About two months ago my INSPIRE1 arrived and since then I have been reading the forum to hear good of all news and experiences.
I'm new to the hobby and this is my first aircraft.
  until the last firmware came out I thought my Inspire had the luck to be the only one who was suffering no errors.
Unfortunately with the installation of the new firmware am suffering all strange movements of the gimbal, lost momentary gps and entry into atti (like many others), imu calibration issue ......
Is there any way to return to the old?
And certainly brought about propellers and two months without them and no news :@
2015-3-8
Use props
rixlumb1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

asaklettern@yah Posted at 2014-10-22 05:45
Hey guys, i am not sure if this is a stupid question but i have the phantom 2 and have a gimbal H3-3 ...
GPS is in a different frequency band... BUT
Do you have a phantom 2 or phantom 2 vision / vision+?
The phantom 2 transmitter operates at 2.4ghz for control whereas the vision needs that frequency for the video wifi transmission to an iphone,
Im sure the vision uses 5.8ghz for copter control.
So dont use a camera that emits / transmits in the 2.4ghz band, with a Phantom 1 or 2 it may well interfere with the controls, especially when the craft is further away from the RC as the camera would be a stronger signal. Not worth risking it
2015-3-10
Use props
rixlumb1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

wave5 Posted at 2014-11-10 06:40
Hi All, I'm somewhat of a newbie of a Phantom 2. I've had it for a year but not much flight time. I  ...

Phantom 2 vision?
using phone as monitor for video ? (wifi link)
You mean the video stops on on the phone (not the camera sending the video I guess)
I would turn off the call reception. why would you want to be disturbed and loose your video link
possibly at a critical moment, loose sight of craft etc..
My phone is off  when flying,
I have the phanton 2 v2 with a 5.8ghz analog video transmission for FPV
with a 7inch monitor on the remote. Only use the phone for calls.
2015-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules