Thread for Newbies
311648 916 2014-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hkwilliamsjr
New

United States

I have been trying to update my RC and DJI Inspire all day with new firmware.  I have done this several times since January and this time it will not take.  Is the firmware currently on the site working?

Ken  
2015-7-26
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

hkwilliamsjr@gm Posted at 2015-7-27 06:45
I have been trying to update my RC and DJI Inspire all day with new firmware.  I have done this seve ...

Hi, pelase kindly send mails to inspire1@dij.com
2015-7-26
Use props
christyindublin
lvl.1

Ireland

wave5 Posted at 2014-11-10 19:11
Thanks. Yes, I've checked that and it is connected.

put your phone on airport mode
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-28 23:01
Newbie? It'll save you going through pages and pages...                                 Phantompilot ...

please remember these pointers are very good, but some do not apply to Phantom3 as he has said at bottom of page
2015-8-9
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

edgar.phil@gmai Posted at 2014-10-27 05:57
Hi - I'm a newbie and just completed my first flights. Naturally I had a bad landing and chipped a c ...

props should always be pristine condition using even slightly chipped or cracked props will effect flight stability or even worse,not worth it set of props a lot cheaper than a lost or damaged drone,dont be tempted to buy third party only dji orginal this applies to all accessories
2015-8-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2015-8-11 02:03
props should always be pristine condition using even slightly chipped or cracked props will effect ...

I would agree 100%
2015-8-11
Use props
febroker1
lvl.1

United States

edgar.phil@gmai Posted at 2014-10-27 05:57
Hi - I'm a newbie and just completed my first flights. Naturally I had a bad landing and chipped a c ...

NO! it's not okay to fly with chipped props.  It will create an imbalance issue.  It's hard on the motors, airframe and electronics that are trying to keep everything stable.  Buy new props and then get some prop guards.
2015-8-21
Use props
dsm091
New

United States

Keep your IM sites off our forum.
2015-8-26
Use props
rollrite
New
United States

Hi guys , I'm a newbie from Long island , New York ......
2015-9-7
Use props
cwongck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 730656 ft
India

Hi All, I am new  owner of P3P which I bought in Malaysia. I have registered my location as Malaysia as I live here. Why is that in the forum, my location indicates United States. How to I change the location to Malaysia.Thank you.
2015-9-7
Use props
DJIFTW
New

Ireland

Hey this is my first post on this forum. I have been interested in drones/quadcopters for the last 2 years and  I just to set up www.whichquadcopter.com
2015-9-9
Use props
jase.pan
lvl.1

Hong Kong

test test test
2015-9-9
Use props
cwongck
lvl.3
Nigeria

Hi All, I am new  owner of P3P which I bought in Malaysia. I have registered my location as Malaysia as I live here. Why is that in the forum, my location indicates Nigeria. How to I change the location to Malaysia.Thank you.
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

cwongck Posted at 2015-9-10 02:01
Hi All, I am new  owner of P3P which I bought in Malaysia. I have registered my location as Mal ...

I have no idea how to do that nor do I have the power to do it. Sorry
2015-9-10
Use props
cwongck
lvl.3
Nigeria

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-10 20:15
I have no idea how to do that nor do I have the power to do it. Sorry

Anyway, Thank you for you reply. I really enjoy flying my P3P. Have a good day.
2015-9-11
Use props
dave.filon
lvl.1

United States

New to RC flying. My question is what types of maneuvers should I be learning? I used to fly many years ago and other than take offs and landing there is not much similarity to the learning process.  Currently working on POIs but what else? Stalls and spins seem out of the realm of possibilities.
2015-9-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

dave.filon Posted at 2015-9-14 17:52
New to RC flying. My question is what types of maneuvers should I be learning? I used to fly many ye ...

Download and print this pilot training guide. It will help you quite a lot.

http://download.dji-innovations. ... g_Guide_v1.1_en.pdf
2015-9-17
Use props
Timritchieblue
New

United States

Took my P3 out for first flight today,, Very nice,,, Thanks DJI
2015-9-20
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Timritchieblue Posted at 2015-9-20 17:30
Took my P3 out for first flight today,, Very nice,,, Thanks DJI

Great to hear it!
2015-9-22
Use props
stevensjack113
New

United States

Hi all
I have had my P3P for about 2 weeks now, and have logged quite a few flight hours so far with no issues, but having read and watched everything I could on updating my firmware, I still am unable to to update the aircraft and camera firmware. Here is what is reported in App- appversion 2.2, Controller version 1.3.20 Aircraft 1.19, What happens when I have properly prepared Memory card with just the firmware on the root, is it will never even initiate the update no logs are created and the aircraft after initialization is ready to fly. I know the card is good but have tried a few different ones, the card is able to record video and picture without issue, but never seems to read the firmware and initiate the update. I have tried with all three available updates 1.2,1.3 and the latest 1.4 none will update. I haven't seen anyone else with this problem so I feel I must be missing some step but I can not figure it out. It almost seems as if the firmware is locked down in the aircraft and camera. Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas I tried mailing DJI support but still have not gotten a reply. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas
2015-10-3
Use props
quintgomez
New

Philippines

Hey Guys,
2015-10-4
Use props
quintgomez
New

Philippines

quintgomez Posted at 2015-10-4 23:14
Hey Guys,

I wanted to run this by everyone and gather more thoughts on this.

Since the Inspire 1 uses LiPo batteries (which we know need care and attention to ensure that we can get more time with our investments).

It's mentioned that the care of our Intelligent Flight Batteries need to be discharged when stored for more than 7 days.

Do we need to do the same for our Controllers?
2015-10-4
Use props
beltrankamil
New

Colombia

Hi. I have a P3A. I've noticed after some flights that while flying the vision I get from the camera starts to loop or slow down, I keep getting late feedback. Is this normal?
2015-10-4
Use props
rolexian
lvl.1

United States

New user here. I don't get any camera signal on my device (tested with multiple devices). Camera works, and can be controlled, but I don't see a video on my phone. I get the no signal error message.
2015-10-5
Use props
kgreen13299
New

United States

Phantom 3 won't stay connected to camera mode for my iPhone 6 and android tablet... Would not connect out of the box and is going in and out after the firmware update...why
2015-10-6
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To any DJI Moderator,

Would it be possible to have some other random forum topics. Such as, DIY UAV, General Chat, Newcomers, etc.

Just sat here after building my first ever drone (no dji parts) and thought it be good to share my experience. But can't find anywhere suitable to put it :/

Sure others would agree it would be a good idea. Id be willing to moderate if required.

Thanks,
Dragonfyr / Gary
2015-10-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

rolexian Posted at 2015-10-5 19:35
New user here. I don't get any camera signal on my device (tested with multiple devices). Camera wor ...

Have you checked the ribbon connector from your gimble to your bird it could be loose.
Power cycle everything, controller, Phantom, phone/tablet
Try leaving the P3 and RC turned on unplug the usb shut down the app replug Usb and restart app.
Try uninstalling the App and reinstalling it.
Try downgrading the firmware.
Try to rebind the p3 to the controller. You push a button on the gimbal with a paper clip and then in the pilot app settings select "linking rc" after pushing the button on the P3. That should re sync them.
It could be a bad USB port that need to be replaced.
2015-10-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

kgreen13299 Posted at 2015-10-6 17:11
Phantom 3 won't stay connected to camera mode for my iPhone 6 and android tablet... Would not connec ...

Have you checked the ribbon connector from your gimble to your bird it could be loose.
Power cycle everything, controller, Phantom, phone/tablet
Try leaving the P3 and RC turned on unplug the usb shut down the app replug Usb and restart app.
Try uninstalling the App and reinstalling it.
Try downgrading the firmware.
Try to rebind the p3 to the controller. You push a button on the gimbal with a paper clip and then in the pilot app settings select "linking rc" after pushing the button on the P3. That should re sync them.
It could be a bad USB port that need to be replaced.
2015-10-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Hi...............
2015-10-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

quintgomez Posted at 2015-10-4 08:19
I wanted to run this by everyone and gather more thoughts on this.

Since the Inspire 1 uses LiPo ...

Would be a good idea.
2015-10-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Dragonfyr Posted at 2015-10-7 17:07
To any DJI Moderator,

Would it be possible to have some other random forum topics. Such as, DIY UA ...

I will make the recommendation for you.
2015-10-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

stevensjack113 Posted at 2015-10-3 10:49
Hi all
I have had my P3P for about 2 weeks now, and have logged quite a few flight hours so far with ...

have a look at this thread...
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=29857
2015-10-14
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-15 07:57
I will make the recommendation for you.

Cheers Dave
2015-10-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Sure thing. Cheers!
2015-10-16
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Good day All,
New to the forum with an Inspire on the way as of yesterday.  Patiently awaiting the arrival and continuing to read/learn all I can.
Many thanks DJI for my student deal!  
2015-10-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Good too hear, take your time with it. You can download the owners manual now and read most of it before your Inspire arrives.
2015-10-16
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-16 18:36
Good too hear, take your time with it. You can download the owners manual now and read most of it be ...

Thanks Dave,
It all shipped yesterday.  Manuals downloaded, printed, and in a binder.  Reading all I can and looking forward to my first test flight. Will be taking it slow and easy with first emphasis on learning to fly in Atti.
Cheers!
2015-10-21
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Leaning to fly in Atti mode is a very good idea. A good aerial video trick to get supper smooth aerial video is to put your craft in Atti mode and let it drift with the wind.
2015-10-23
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

How about info on how to post video and pictures on here?
2015-10-24
Use props
b.rad.7287
New

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-14 23:54
Power cycle ...

Hi there.  I'm having the same problem with my P3P, no video feed.  I get all my other telemetry just fine on my device, have been flying a lot just using the maps.  I've tried just about everything short taking the main copter apart to check where the camera cable attach to the main board.  Any really good suggestions before I do that?
2015-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules