Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to Use TapFly
19835 9 2016-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

2016-3-31
Use props
atis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41775 ft
Philippines

Thanks for posting this any video on Phantom 4 is much appreciated
2016-4-1
Use props
Drone Man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3896588 ft

Good morning Tim,
When I was experimenting with tap fly I was already at 300' and selected a target, I tapped "go" and my P4 took off toward the target.
I noticed it was descending, I was unsure of what it was doing or what the end result would be so I canceled it.
Can you give me an idea what would have happened if I allowed it to complete the mission??
What altitude will it descend to??
Once it gets to the target area what does the P4 do ??  Hover in place ??
Does it stop only when the collision avoidance senses an obstacle ??
Thanks
Gregg
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

atis Posted at 2016-4-1 16:25
Thanks for posting this any video on Phantom 4 is much appreciated

There's also lots of videos in the Academy section of the app. You can actually look at info from all the aircraft, just choose that one and go into the Academy tab (graduation hat top right corner) and you can see all the manuals, tutorial videos for different aircraft.
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Drone Man Posted at 2016-4-1 18:16
Good morning Tim,
When I was experimenting with tap fly I was already at 300' and selected a target, ...

You were at 300ft and the target you chose had to be at a lower altitude so that's why if flew towards the target and slowly descending.
If you are at 50ft and point to a target higher in the sky, then the P4 will fly towards and ascend in that direction.
2016-4-1
Use props
classic2003
lvl.3
Flight distance : 632769 ft
Canada

great video really appreciated!
2016-4-2
Use props
madaerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

I have to be honest, I haven't tried this mode yet and it scares me so much! The video explains the mode well, maybe I will give it a shot (I have to admit letting the AI fly "over" the destination still terrifies me!).
2016-4-2
Use props
grangerfx
First Officer
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I would use tap fly if there was an option to maintain altitude. I like the turns you can get out of it. I want to see what it does when you tap on objects close to the horizon.
2016-4-4
Use props
joeglennaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8327 ft
United States

Thanks for the info...
2016-4-4
Use props
JustPaul
New

United States

Drone Man Posted at 2016-4-1 02:16
Good morning Tim,
When I was experimenting with tap fly I was already at 300' and selected a target, I tapped "go" and my P4 took off toward the target.
I noticed it was descending, I was unsure of what it was doing or what the end result would be so I canceled it.

Yes!  I had the same issue the first time I "TapFlew"   The aircraft dropped from 92 ft, well above the trees/houses to 50 ft., but I didn't notice the drop.  When I turned it around and flew back towards me it whacked a tree and fell.  A couple of chips, prop damage, and a cleanly ripped out gimbal with a tiny piece of the wiring harness embedded in one of the props.  Waiting for DJI to look it over and review the flight log.
Flight log shows no touching of the stick so I don't know why the elevation dropped.
Paul

P.S. I would love to get a good explanation of how TapFly is supposed to work!
2017-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules