Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Not Using Data?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madmaxxed
lvl.1

United States

I read a little and just watched a video on this.  Is it as simple as opening up the app once the TX and model is on, clicking on the map view, zooming in on where you're going to fly allowing the image to focus, and that's it?  I've been using a ton of data flying my P3S and was hoping I could turn off the data usage for the app and still fly safely.  Would I go into my Apple settings first and turn off data for the djigo app or go into the app, zoom in on the map image, exit the app, go to settings to turn off data, go back into the app?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  
2016-4-1
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You don't need any data to fly the Phantom.
And you can fly perfectly well without any maps at  all.
But if you think you absolutely must have maps it's easy to cache them while you are at home with wifi for use later.
If you are using apple devices you may have to enable map caching somewhere in the app.
2016-4-1
Use props
Madmaxxed
lvl.1

United States

So I'm totally safe to turn off data usage for the djigo app and fly with the map image and flight data recording available?
2016-4-1
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Madmaxxed Posted at 2016-4-1 13:59
So I'm totally safe to turn off data usage for the djigo app and fly with the map image and flight d ...

Turn on the Cached map data, and you are good to go.
2016-4-1
Use props
Madmaxxed
lvl.1

United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-1 14:04
Turn on the Cached map data, and you are good to go.

How do I do that?
2016-4-1
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

I think you go into the app, go to the top right of the screen, select the General Settings button and then enable Cache Map in the Background.
2016-4-1
Use props
arock387
lvl.3

Not sure why its using so much data?  I use a Galaxy and I have no data consumption issues
2016-4-1
Use props
Madmaxxed
lvl.1

United States

I'm not sure.  I know I have the data usage switch on for the djigo in my apple settings.  I'll try switching it off and see what happens.  Not sure how much data it is using but I assumed it was quite a bit.  
2016-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules