FedEx sucks
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yonexsp
lvl.1

Canada

i ordred a new Gimbal from dji.com.

It was shipped from the US facility in Carson, ca to me in Ontario.

It has not arrived yet, and is estimated to take 8 days!! By Fedex . 8 Days!!

I just ordered a few car parts from the UK on Tuesday and they arrived today.

Does DJI use the FedEx bicycle delivery or something.
2016-4-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Because Ontario.   Now if you lived in Ontario California.......
2016-4-1
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

FedEx is a big company with many products/services. There are a few FedEx services.

FedEx Express is a fast courier service. It can be as fast as guarenteed delivery for next business day for any international item.

FedEx Ground, which is the green color one, is slower and often used by businesses in their supply chain management solutions. You see their haul trucks on the highway from time to time. This is probably what DJI is using where they probably make bulk shipments to a central loading point for the region (NA) and then split up and delivered from there with multiple different courier or delivery companies. It will clearly be cheaper than direct point-to-point FedEx Express delivery.

You get what you pay for. You had the 'free shipping' option, so the cost was factored in with a cheaper shipping option. The faster FedEx Express on the other hand can be hundreds of dollars in cost to deliver. So if you wanted fast, your price would have gone up. I'd rather wait a few days if not in a hurry and save a few hundred bucks.

That's also why some people buy local. I recently ordered something on BestBuy at around 2pm. The item arrived the next morning. Not even 24 hours was needed.
2016-4-1
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

O you poor thing ......8 days......(Sarcasm)
2016-4-1
Use props
yonexsp
lvl.1

Canada

quaddron3 Posted at 2016-4-1 11:48
FedEx is a big company with many products/services. There are a few FedEx services.

FedEx Express  ...

That is actually a great response & explanation.

One thing I will add, is that we in Canada regardless of cost to ship & time always take it up the arse from FedEx with fees & duties etc they charge. So it is not unreasonable for us to expect somewhat fast service. Many a Canucks experiences buying something for $100 only to have to pay FedEx $45 in fees on top.

To snowsurferss way to contribute to the conversation, bet you are a bundle of fun at a party

Thx
2016-4-1
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

i would suggest contacting fed-ex.    live chat, email or call them.   give them an ear full.   

when my phantom was sent it was fed ex ground and took 2 days.     contact fedex and give them hell.  once the package is picked up by fed-ex its in their control, not dji.   i doubt dji is telling fed ex to take their time with delivery. or screw off with things.  
2016-4-1
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

yonexsp Posted at 2016-4-1 12:54

One thing I will add, is that we in Canada rega ...

Every Canuck knows we get ripped off compared to our luckier neighbor down south. Everything is more expensive here.

I think in this case with DJI direct, they factored in duties and taxes at the time you purchased, so you should NOT be charged for anything when you receive the item. I agree that in general these import duties and broker costs are ridiculous. I recently ordered something and the import costs costed as much as the item.
2016-4-1
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-4-1 11:37
Because Ontario.   Now if you lived in Ontario California.......

Somebody in Ontario California is trying to figure out what the heck is this thing he just got.
2016-4-1
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

yonexsp Posted at 2016-4-1 10:54

One thing I will add, is that we in Canada rega ...

Why blame FedEx on the duties/fees, time delays to enter your Country, blame your Government for putting them in place......
2016-4-1
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its another April's Fools joke,   Cause no one could be that upset over something so trivial...  
2016-4-1
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I just wish stores would give you a choice to choose what shipping method you want. Here in the US it seems most will ship UPS or FedEx only which cost way more than USPS. Now not saying USPS is the greatest shipper but when you buy something like a pencil, why use a service that charges $15 for shipping it and putting it in a box that you could fit a car engine in?
2016-4-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

thumb Posted at 2016-4-2 09:10
I just wish stores would give you a choice to choose what shipping method you want. Here in the US i ...

I get this all the time when buying products in the US and having them shipped to Australia. The main reason companies go for Fedex, DHL or UPS is because they come to the company's premises and collect the shipment. To use USPS you have to take the shipment to them. People are lazy, so are companies, they take the easiest route.

Few know however, that USPS will come and collect from you also, but it is not widely advertised.
2016-4-1
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-1 13:01
i would suggest contacting fed-ex.    live chat, email or call them.   give them an ear full.   

wh ...

DJI DOES tell fedex the shipping method. If DJI were to ship something 2 day , it would get there in 2 days. It DJI says economy , it can take a long time. I bet youre hated world  wide. You have a bad attitude about everything.
2016-4-1
Use props
alirz1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

snowsurferss Posted at 2016-4-1 17:57
Why blame FedEx on the duties/fees, time delays to enter your Country, blame your Government for p ...

True dat!      
2016-4-1
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-1 19:34
I get this all the time when buying products in the US and having them shipped to Australia. The m ...

Companies that do a lot of shipping that use USPS don't take anything to USPS, but have daily pick ups.

I've got both FedEx and UPS accounts. Most companies that I deal with won't let me use my shipper number because they mark up the shipping cost.

I've got two packages coming right now that I was able to use my account for. With a declared value of $550 on one box and $450 on the second, next day, whenever for delivery time my cost was $38.00. Through the company I was purchasing from, $63 with $200 insurance and two day delivery.

USPS has the market for packages of the sizes that fit into one of their flat rate boxes. I've shipped 65 pound boxes for $12.95 when the same box with UPS was $36.60
2016-4-1
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

quaddron3 Posted at 2016-4-1 13:01
Every Canuck knows we get ripped off compared to our luckier neighbor down south. Everything is mo ...

Health coverage isn't more expensive.

2016-4-1
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

FedEx OR the US Postal Service screwed my shit up.
I ordered 2 CCW and 2 CW motors for my Standard to have as spares....BTW only cost $64.00 with free shipping.
Anyway they came to day. My wife put the envelope/package on the counter in the garage. When I got home from work I went to open the
package, and it was already open. My wife didn't do it. The bad thing is I was short a motor! There was only three motors in the package.

Either FEDEX or USPS opened that package. One of the motors was either removed from the package or had fallen out. So, I contacted
the Dealer I purchased from, and in the morning I am going to the local Post Office with package in hand. It was definitely cut open.

I would upload a picture, but my picture is more than 1000K. I dont think any of my pictures are 1000k or less.
Anyway I guess I will see howe this works out. I am kind of hoping that the motor fell out of the package in the mail truck or at the facility
and they have it.
2016-4-1
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

FAS1 Posted at 2016-4-1 21:15
Health coverage isn't more expensive.

That's a total myth BTW.

You still pay for prescriptions.

You also wait and wait because you are prioritized. If you are hurt bad but you are not deemed to be life threatening or other people are deemed higher priorty than you, then you sit in the waiting room and you wait.

Facilities are not as good in general except for hospitals in major cosmopolitan cities like Toronto. In some provinces and cities, the hospitals are downright low quality.

Furthermore, it is per province. So if you are out of province, you may be out of luck. Just recently, I think it was an Alberta resident who had to use air ambulance services in Ontario. Ended up being sent something like $30K bill.

Your province may provide assistance for you out of province, but I think how it works is you pay the bill first, then you submit a claim. So if you did brain surgery and you are charged $200K, please pay first then send us the bill stub for reimbursement (if it is covered at all! e.g. the air ambulance was not covered in the above example).

Each province works differently also. And to be covered by the provincial health care, you need to be a resident and have lived in the province for a few months. So if you move around, you're out of luck and have to pay private insurance for coverage until you become a resident.

"Free healthcare".... sure. Its actually not called "free". Its "universal". Huge difference.

No, actually its the price we pay for being 'green'-tard.
2016-4-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

gregg1r Posted at 2016-4-2 11:59
Companies that do a lot of shipping that use USPS don't take anything to USPS, but have daily pick ...

The trouble is convincing US companies to ship via USPS, most won't do it. Instead they love the expensive courier route.

Fedex make adds showing lovely clean Fedex trucks with men in crisp starched Fedex uniforms just as depicted in the movie 'Castaway'. But the reality outside of the US is very different. Here they pass the packages onto idiot local agents who are more like the mad mailman in the Chevy Chase movie 'Funny Farm'. If it went by USPS though, it arrives at my local Post Office in good condition.
2016-4-1
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Go to their website and you will see notices there that they are experiencing widespread delays in service.

FedEx is normally about the best of ANY carrier.    When UPS and USPS let you down, FedEx will arrive earlty.  And NO...I have no affiliation with them at all.
2016-4-1
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

I have exactly the same problem.

DJI Eat your own cooking. Start delivering your drone orders by a new delivery systems. HOW ABOUT YOU DELIVER YOUR DRONES BY DRONE.  

2016-4-1
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

Nink Posted at 2016-4-1 23:02
I have exactly the same problem.

DJI Eat your own cooking. Start delivering your drone orders by a ...

Perhaps you should order from local retailers.

Usually manufacturers of products are not the best when it comes to B2C sales. That's why many manufacturers of products choose to only deal B2B and do bulk shipment to dealers who deal with customers.

Were there options for speedier delivery? It probably would have costed you.

I ordered my P3 local and got mine in 2 days. Ordered on Tuesday afternoon. Got it Thursday afternoon.
2016-4-1
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

quaddron3 Posted at 2016-4-1 23:10
Perhaps you should order from local retailers.

Usually manufacturers of products are not the best ...

I ordered parts from a local retailer in the past,  They order via a distributor who orders from DJI and they all only ship in bulk for DJI=>Distributor=>Delaer=>Enduser deals.  Last order took 3 Months as the  dealer and the distributor didn't have  stock.  My lesson learned, if it is in stock or available for pickup go for it.  If they have to special order it in, just buy it direct from DJI. The dealers are not allowed to do this so we can get merchandise when the dealers can't   This doesn't actually offer fulfillment streamlining using the channel. I can tell them how to fix this but first they need to invest in a 21st century Order management system (OMS), Warehouse management system (WMS) and a decent delivery and dispatch systems (back to the drone idea)

This could be all fully automated....  
2016-4-1
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

Nink Posted at 2016-4-1 23:18
I ordered parts from a local retailer in the past,  They order via a distributor who orders from D ...

Yeah, some of the accessory items are probably not commonly stocked.

I've seen these kinds of transitions in the past where the manufacturer of a product dabble in direct sales with customers via e-commerce. Over time they got better in those cases. Sometimes they decide to end B2C all together. Lets see where DJI takes it. But I agree, fast shipping is a requirement. I personally don't like to wait more than a week max, especially for a big ticket item and something you're desperately trying to play with.

But also, because you're paying in USD in their store, this will be more exchange rate related cost on your end with a credit card (unless you have a foreign currency CC). Overall, when I purchased my P3, it didn't make sense for me to buy direct from DJI. The exchange rate and everything didn't make it worthwhile. So a local retailer it was.
2016-4-2
Use props
jredford
lvl.1

United States

Fed Ex is the suck.
2016-4-2
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

FedEx is usually the BEST.  Maybe you're rude to your driver?
2016-4-2
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-4-2 10:15
FedEx is usually the BEST.  Maybe you're rude to your driver?

My FedEx guy is great. If Im not at home for a delivery that requires a signiture, the FedEx guy will call my cell phone and meet me in town?
2016-4-2
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-4-3 00:00
My FedEx guy is great. If Im not at home for a delivery that requires a signiture, the FedEx guy wi ...

Right?
I've also had the FedEx driver call me once when I missed a delivery and he told me he would come back when I got home.   THAT is unheard of great service!

I prefer FedEx.   USPS and UPS seem to deliver my packages to neighbors more often.
2016-4-2
Use props
djiuser_tfd3JsFxq0ER
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have recently ordered it through USPS (liteblue.gov login). Its arrived on time and the product quality is also awesome.
2018-8-4
Use props
fans21546423
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

LOL
2018-8-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Brain Teaser:

This is a true story.  We shipped a Valentines package, a fairly large box roughly 12" x 8" x 6" to my daughter in SF via USPS TWO DAY PRIORITY Mail - a pre printed label.  It was shipped on Saturday Feb 9, from Washington DC.  Cost me something like $40.  It was to arrive at my daughter's apartment building address on Tuesday, Feb 12th.  

Got me so far?

So on Thursday, about 5 PM, Feb 14, I check tracking.  USPS tracking showed it had arrived at a USPS facility at 10:50 PM on Feb 14th.  

Q:  Given the above information, where is the package?  

Hint:  Starts with a "G."

2019-4-3
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

QuadBart Posted at 2016-4-1 14:06
Its another April's Fools joke,   Cause no one could be that upset over something so trivial...

You must not live in the USA then...

I mean, we fight over at McDonalds for not including a straw.

(true story)

2019-4-3
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Just recently FedEx Green became a thing of the past.
2019-4-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Fed Ex, pony express... haha

It’s likely Stuck at customs.

RedHotPoker
2019-4-3
Use props
badmanlive
lvl.1

India

I have recently ordered it through USPS (liteblue). Its arrived on time and the product quality is also awesome.
2019-4-16
Use props
onlinespawn
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

I ordered from DJI Store 2 times and they shipped my stuff through DHL. Charged me $20 and in aproximately 3-5 days it got from china to Puerto Rico. It usually gets stuck about a week or two in our distribution center but it got to the island pretty quickly. A couple of days ago I made another order and I had to pay $40 for shipping items through Fed Ex and it is still in China. Before making this last purchase I thought about ordering a couple more items and the shipping would have been $60.
2022-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules