3 different sd card, all sd card write protected
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alfonsojee
New

Malaysia

got a brand new phantom 3 advanced, I managed to get the bird flying but i could not record video or take pictures, all 3 different microsd card i tried yield the same result, could not format the microsd using the dji go app, it keeps on saying sd card write protected, all 3 cards i tried. anyone else facing this? and how to solve? Following are the cards i tried. 1.the micro sd that came with it (lexar 16GB)

2. sandisk extreme 32gb
3. samsung 2gb

Would appreciate any help on this. thanks

Alfonso
2016-4-1
Use props
dwoody0805
lvl.2
Flight distance : 775965 ft
  • >>>
United States

there should be a little "switch" on your card holder, flip the switch. i had this same issue this morning!
2016-4-1
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

dwoody0805 Posted at 2016-4-2 03:44
there should be a little "switch" on your card holder, flip the switch. i had this same issue this m ...

I think he's saying the microSD card is in the aircraft, not an external reader or adapter.

I don't think there is any write protect switch on microSD cards or in the socket, like full sized SD cards.  Can anyone confirm that?  Your situation sounds similar to this.  Maybe one of the internal contacts isn't making proper contact?

2016-4-1
Use props
alfonsojee
New

Malaysia

Yes, i meant microSD, no such switch in microSD. when i put it in a card adapter and try to do write something to these 3 cards, all worked fine.
the interesting thing is, i put the microSD card into the aircraft, then i connect my PC to the aircraft(USB cable), I was able to read the microSD as a drive and even write something to it(created a folder) through my pc to the aircraft, this means the microSD card hardware module can write, the problem now is why is it telling the system that the microSD is write protected.

endotherm, you suggestion on internal contact make sense, so i went to look, it appears all the contact pins are there, but being there doesnt mean it isnt broken.

i'm lost the moment, my next step is to read the whole user manual to see if there's some setting somewhere that's related to this

Alfonso
2016-4-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This is an odd situation, but it has been reported at least once before as I recall. But I do not know what was done to fix the situation. Have you formatted the cards outside of the aircraft? If so, what format did you use ?

I also wonder if you have performed a firmware update on the aircraft lately, it might be corrupt in the firmware for the gimbal and camera system.
2016-4-1
Use props
alfonsojee
New

Malaysia

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-2 08:07
This is an odd situation, but it has been reported at least once before as I recall. But I do not kn ...

Yes, i did try formatting the microSD outside the aircraft, i used FAT32 format.

i tried firmware update, i think it was successful even though no log file generated in the microSD(because the aircraft thinks the card is write protected i guess), upon checking on dji go app, it's updated, not to the latest, but the 2nd latest, still having problem updating to latest version.
2016-4-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

alfonsojee Posted at 2016-4-2 20:07
Yes, i did try formatting the microSD outside the aircraft, i used FAT32 format.

i tried firmware ...

I am mystified by this problem, the only course of action I can think of it to roll back the firmware to a previous version then update again.
2016-4-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That is a unique situation. A real stumper...? Hmmm, thinking.

RedHotPoker
2016-4-2
Use props
alfonsojee
New

Malaysia

This problem seems to be so small now......because i just crashed it......aaarrggghhhhhh!!!
2016-4-2
Use props
jlschmitz15
lvl.1

United States

I am having a similar problem. I have a Standard and the included 8gb card works fine. I purchased a new 64gb card that matched the included card just larger and when my Go app syncs I get an audible "SD card error". I then purchased a new 32gb card with the same results. Both are SanDisk UHS-1 cards. I reformatted them in my PC as FAT 32 which I verified that they already where and still get the same results. I contacted DJI support and they have sent me a FedEx label to return the Phantom but I am not convinced it's a hardware problem as I am not having any problems with the original 8gb card. I have also read on other forums that others are experiencing the same problem.  Anyone have suggestions before I return my Phantom and won't have it for a couple of weeks or more.
2016-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules