Updating with thumb drive or SD adapter.
29517 193 2016-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

precisionair Posted at 2016-5-5 09:16
Yeah I think I understand that so far but what is the net effect?  What is this supposed to look l ...

It helps throw the RC into boot loader mode. If the RC cant take an update last resort is to try this.
2016-5-5
Use props
shadowrun
New

Poland

Hello

I have a big problem my inspire 1 v.2.0 & Remote controller etc.

I have:
1. Drone Inspire 1 v.2.0 - FIRMWARE 1.8.1
2. One Remote - FIRMWARE unknown
3. Gimbal (camera)

I can't:
1. Start Engine (up - fly)
2. Connect DJI App

I Can only:
1. Move a gimbal up & down (camera) - right stick = left, right gimbal

When start App Dji GO - show me only INTRO, message : How to connect etc...
HDMI port (osd) not work!
Port USB - not upgrade (pendrive, memory card etc)

Port USB :

Cable 1: nothing!
Cable 2: nothing!
Cable 3: Charged my Mobile Device!

Please for HELP me! i don't send my inspire 1 on 30 days
Thank You! Robert!
2016-5-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

shadowrun@op.pl Posted at 2016-5-13 05:41
Hello

I have a big problem my inspire 1 v.2.0 & Remote controller etc.

Robert have you updated the RC Transmitter via the Go app and Internet connection ?  

You must have version 1.60 on the RC transmitter to communicate with the aircraft at 1.8.

Start here because it will not work until you get the RC updated, If you are saying that the RC USB Hub is broken then that is another story and must be sent in for repair.
Try to use an I pad if you can to update the RC transmitter borrow one if you must.

What are you using now for the go app?

Donnie

2016-5-13
Use props
shadowrun
New

Poland

Hi Donnie

1. Go App not working for me. No update RC transmitter.
   2. I try install firmware 1.6 - pendrive etc. (file from you) - Remote NOT upgrade.
   3. I don't know if my port USb is broken?!

I haven't second REMOTE
I use Dji GO 2.8.0 - Android

plese Help!
2016-5-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

shadowrun@op.pl Posted at 2016-5-13 08:09
Hi Donnie

1. Go App not working for me. No update RC transmitter.

Why can t you upgrade via the internet and the Go app ?  

Try a different device and load the Go App to It , then try the internet update.

My file will work if you follow my directions 100%, the only time it fails is if the USB port is broken.  When you load the Thumb drive with my file  what does the RC do ?

Make sure to format the thumb drive, make sure my file is the ONLY THING ON THE THUMB DRIVE, Also give it about 2 minutes to begin.

Try another thumb drive or sd card for my file and try again.  Make sure the transmitter is off , then load the thumb drive to the RC Transmitter and then turn it on.  

Do any lights or beeping at all ?  

Do you think the usb is broken on the Transmitter ?  

2016-5-13
Use props
shadowrun
New

Poland

Hi Donnie

1. I can't connect my Dji Go App (no connect device)
2. I Try others mobile device - NOT WORK!
3. Copy file to thumb Drive -> put the port USB -> On RC & nothing! Light RED! No beeping... 15 minutes later -> nothing!

4. I supposed my PORT USB , HDMI & others is a broken
2016-5-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

shadowrun@op.pl Posted at 2016-5-14 05:44
Hi Donnie

1. I can't connect my Dji Go App (no connect device)

I think you may be right, need to send in for repair, sorry Shadow....

donnie

PS:  The prettiest girl I ever dated was Polish !!!!!
2016-5-14
Use props
cornel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62736 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hello Donnie,

I see you helped quite a few people with jammed RCs and I hope you'll be able to help me as well.
I think I understand what I have to do from other posts in this thread, but I would like to know for sure I'm doing the right thing before doing something stupid and irreversible.
Here'e the history: I have an Inspire 1 AC with 2 RC (master+slave) used last time around January 2016 (probably firmware 1.3 or 1.4, I'm not sure). Worked fine.
Yesterday I tuned it on as usual, and, of course, it requested firmware update for RC and AC. Did updates on both RCs via the application (I guess v1.6, don't know for sure), everything fine, did update to the AC via SD card also successful (v1.8).
Restarted the whole system, and I got "NO SIGNAL" message on the master RC, altough I had image and I could move the camera using the slave RC sticks and using the master RC gimbal wheel.
The gimbal also moved slightly when I moved the ruder stick right or left, but I just couldn't start the motors.
However, the AC led kept on flashing yellow, which per manual means "NO SIGNAL".
I tried and successfully rebound the RC with the AC, but still "NO SIGNAL" appeared in the status bar of the app, AC led flashing yellor and the motors wouldn't start.
I thought the master RC had something so I tried to turn the slave RC into master RC, so I selected master in the app and shortly after I got notification that a firmware upgrade is available.
A bit strange, but I thought maybe it needs something else to become a master so I tapped "download". Downloaded fine, tapped "install" and failed! Immediately, the RC led tuned light green.
Manual doesn't say anything about a light green led! I also noticed that the RC doesn't make any sound when you press the button and when it starts.
Tapped "retry" and it said disconnected. Since that point, that RC had no image, no connection, no signal, it's completely jammed.
But I had one RC left :-) so I moved to that one and don't know what I did but I got to the same point where it requested firmware upgrade, downloaded the package, tried to install, failed, light green led, and another jammed RC.
So I've got two jammed RCs now, damn it!

Here's a video with how the situation looks right now:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/puc7tx ... 515_102547.mp4?dl=0

Can you tell me what should I try to do now?
2016-5-15
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

cornel@sierra.r Posted at 2016-5-15 03:35
Hello Donnie,

I see you helped quite a few people with jammed RCs and I hope you'll be able to help ...

Ok, when you updated , did you update the Aircraft first ? This was  critical for this update, also when you updated did you update the aircraft to 1.8 ?  If so then you MUST  update the transmitter to 1.6.  What you may have here is versions that do not match and they MUST IN order for it to work.
Also did you update the aircraft for the Inspire 1 ?  ARE YOU SURE  you did not load the INSPIRE  PRO firmware did you.?...the numbers are exactly the same, this is very important.  

If you have done the above correctly, Updated aircraft first ,  1.8  loaded on the aircraft, and 1.6 is on the transmitter  then test it, see if you can start the motors.  
I THINK YOU DONT HAVE A MATCH ON THE AIRCRAFT AND THE RC....MUST HAVE 1.8 ON AIRCRAFT AND 1.6 ON THE RC TRANSMITTERS

If you did not update the aircraft FIRST THEN WE HAVE A PROBLEM as well.  

Let me know if you have the corrct updates and go from here, I dont want to get to deep if we dont need to .

Donnie

2016-5-15
Use props
cornel
lvl.1
  • >>>
Romania

Donnie, thanks for answering my request!

I am 100% certain that I downloaded the Inspire 1 v1.8 firmware and this is the version that has been successfully installed on the aircraft, I have the .txt file confirmation.
I don't know what version I have on the remote controller and I can't check that, as in the video, the app shows nothing relevant in the 'about section'.
But the update has been done via application so I'm guessing it downloaded and installed the last version, which is v1.6, I know they don' have to match as a number, v1.8 is only for the aircraft.

No, I have't updated the aircraft first, I did not know this is the right way to do it, I updated both controllers and the aircraft after...
2016-5-15
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

cornel@sierra.r Posted at 2016-5-15 11:04

I am 100% certain that I downloaded the Inspire 1 v1.8 fir ...

Ok,  what you must do is check the version of the RC is on we must make sure it is on 1.6.  

The way to do this is to make sure you have wireless internet, plug in the RC transmitter to the Go app turn on both, go to the page with a Picture of the Inspire  on the Go App, on the top Right hand corner is a Graduation Cap ICON, press this button for 10 -15 seconds, then if you have wireless internet it will tell you what version you are on, I hope you are on 1.57 and then update to 1.6.
MAKE SURE AIRCRAFT IS OFF WHEN UPDATING THE TRANSMITTER  AND WHENEVER YOU UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT MAKE SURE TRANSMIITER IS OFF, THIS IS CRUCIAL, IN THE FUTURE BE SURE TO UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT FIRST !!

If you are on 1.6 then stay there and let me know .  Both of the RC transmitters must be on version 1.6

Try this first, let me know . Video below on how to do this, rollback or make sure on correct version .

Also dont forget to switch the main controller back to master when you finish this.
It was crucial on this update that you update the Aircrft FIRST, but as long as you did not try and connect the two you would be OK.  NEXT TIME READ THE RELEASE NOTES .lOOK AT THE PARTS THAT THEY HIGHTLIGHTED IN BLACK , JUST FOR FUTURE INFORMATION

RELEASE  NOTES INSPIRE 1.8.PNG
2016-5-15
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

2016-5-15
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Cornel, I have a family commitment I must attend to , I will check back tomorrow and try to help some  more
( My daughter is starting Medical University )
Best of luck-

Warm Regards from the USA- donnie
2016-5-15
Use props
cornel
lvl.1
  • >>>
Romania

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-15 19:59
Cornel, I have a family commitment I must attend to , I will check back tomorrow and try to help s ...

No problem, Donnie, have fun! You'll answer to me when you can.

I just did as you instructed to check the firmware version of both RCs and you can see in the image what message I get.
I tapped on the graduation icon while being on the Inspire 1 picture in the app, not on Phantom 3 Professional, just so you know.

IMG_20160515_202713.jpg
2016-5-15
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

cornel@sierra.r Posted at 2016-5-15 12:55
No problem, Donnie, have fun! You'll answer to me when you can.

I just did as you instructed to c ...

And you did have internet connection ?

If you did then this tells me the original update did not work, please  use the Instructions from the beginning of this thread , use a thumb drive and try to load 1.6.

( Or you may have updated but only to 1.57, unless you remember specific that it went to 1.6. )

You must use this file to update the transmitter, you would not use 1.8, that is for the aircraft only.  After you install, try and read the SD card for a "success"

result.

Also , this will NOT hurt anything.  Please give it a try

If this does not work we may have to do the Reset first and then download 1.6.

To reset the RC to factory :  Start with  RC off- Press buttons C1 And  C2 , the Red record button top left of transmitter and the ISO wheel (Push it down , you will feel a click )   With the 4 buttons pushed firmly, turn on the Transmitter, hold the 4 buttons  for about 5-10 seconds then let  go of the 4 buttons.  This should reset the RC back  to the factory  settings, this will then allow the RC to be updated to 1.6.

*****only do the above procedure if the RC was shipped with at least version 1.3 on the RC or you may have to load 1.3 first and then 1.6.

If it was shipped with like 1.2 then you will update the 1.3 bin file before my 1.6 file .

I will find 1.3 and put a link in next post if you need that first before 1.6.

Good Luck - donnie

2016-5-16
Use props
cornel
lvl.1
  • >>>
Romania

I was connected to the WiFi but I didn't check to see if the internet works.Anyway, today I connected the tablet to my office WiFi, I made sure the internet is working, I selected Inspire 1 from the homapage of the app (photo attached), I held the graduation mark until it showed me the firmware version (photo attached).
Both radios show the same thing.

I don't know why it shows Phantom 3 Professional, none of my radios have ever been connected to any other device than this Inspire.

So now I should do do what you said in the previous post?
IMG_20160516_155136.jpg
IMG_20160516_155148.jpg
2016-5-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

cornel@sierra.r Posted at 2016-5-16 08:02
I was connected to the WiFi but I didn't check to see if the internet works.Anyway, today I connecte ...

,Ok, you do not have 1.6 on there at all or it would say so.  I would like you to go get a thumb drive and follow my instructions at the beginning of this thread.  Once you load 1.6 on to the RC everyhing should work.
I dont know why it says Phantom pro......... when you downloaded it what did it say?  either way my update will work, make sure you make the RC  the master after the upload of 1.6.
follow my instructions 100% and it will work !

Then try to communicate with the aircraft, after you get this working, update the slave remote also.

Give it a try- donnie

I knew something was not up to date !!

Try the above and let me know .

donnie

2016-5-16
Use props
cornel
lvl.1
  • >>>
Romania

Donnie, you are "the man"! I did what you told me, as you've written in the first post of this thread, and oh..., when I heard that sweet sound of updating, what a feeling, complete relief!
Now everything works, master RC, slave RC, aircraft, they all work perfect!

I can't thank you enough, really, you don't even know how much you helped me, without you both my RCs and maybe the AC would now be sent to the DJI repair center and I would lose at least 20 days.

Thank you for everything, I wish you all the best!
2016-5-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

cornel@sierra.r Posted at 2016-5-16 12:25
Donnie, you are "the man"! I did what you told me, as you've written in the first post of this threa ...

My pleasure !

Happy to help !

Donnie
2016-5-16
Use props
mattsimok33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213084 ft
United States

Hey All,

So as you've alluded I'm at the point of pulling my hair out...I've owned an Inspire for 2 years, have upgraded from the X3 to the X5 a while back, I've been this numerous times. Every time it's riddled with issues, but I've always been able to figure it out, this time I'm at a loss.

Everything was fine, all I wanted to do was have a new memory card with the firmware so I could have a spare and swap if need be. I copy and pasted my current SD Firmware to the new card and put it in the cam, it wanted to update, began the update, everything finished and installed. I turned off the RC and aircraft, turned it back on my remote was soundless and just a teal light. Figured I bricked it somehow, found this post and install the firmware, was able to get the remote to connect to the aircraft, but have zero control. I can see the camera's POV. cannot control it, cannot initate props, cannot edit settings. Firmware reads as up to date. Tried manually binding twice, not sure what a confirmation is considered, but after flashing blue for a few moments the LED on the RC turned green. Still nothing. Have full control of the X5 on the OSMO, but no luck on the Inspire.

Any thoughts? I do have dual remote set up, I've ensured I'm using the Master, regardless neither remotes work and I cannot make the slave the master.

There are full signal bars for the RC displaying on the app, where "GPS" or "NO-GPS" is located (Top middle) it reads as no signal, even though it keeps establishing a homepoint.

PLEASE ANY IDEAS?!?!?! I have upcoming gigs I need to get this up and running!

~Thanks!
2016-6-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

mattsimok33@gma Posted at 2016-6-4 12:22
Hey All,

So as you've alluded I'm at the point of pulling my hair out...I've owned an Inspire for 2 ...

What was the original file on the Memory card ? Was this card updated to the current 1.8 ?  You must be at 1.8 on the aircraft and camera for the RC 1.6 update to work .  

Why did you simply not install the new memory card and then update from the DJI website the latest firmware ?  Then load 1.6 to the to the RC transmitters ?  

More than likely you are not on the correct match for the Aircraft and RC all the ? Re- link in the world will not help you .

Please list from the "about page" what is on your system right now  , I have an example below of what  i need to see.

You need to get the aircraft and cameras updated to 1.8  BE SURE TO GET THE CORRECT FILE - DO NOT GET THE X5 RAW FILE MIXED UP WITH THE PRO.

Can you also place the old memory card back on the X5  ( Was this one updated to 1.8 )   and see if it works .

DONNIE

about page 1.8.PNG
2016-6-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

mattsimok33@gma Posted at 2016-6-4 12:22
Hey All,

So as you've alluded I'm at the point of pulling my hair out...I've owned an Inspire for 2 ...

Well ? what happened ?  

Let me know if anything helped....

donnie

Be sure to reply to me so I  receive notice   
2016-6-5
Use props
mattsimok33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213084 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-5 11:48
Well ? what happened ?  

Let me know if anything helped....

Hey Donnie,

Sorry I had a crazy busy weekend, so it's rather bizzare, somehow it downgraded to V. 1.2 and 1.0 for the camera and aircraft. I literally have no Idea how any of this happened.

I suppose I wasn't clear earlier. I simply copy and pasted the firmware files from the old mem card to the new one, once I put that Into the Inspire, it wanted to update the firmware so I allowed it too. Once it completed I turned everything off and turned it back on, at which point my RC was "bricked" so I put the old mem card back in and nothing happened, finally stumbled here and found the firmware for the remote installed that, my RC worked, but whichever mem card I used I encountered the same issue, the no signal no gimbal or aircraft control.

So where I am now, I've downloaded the proper firmware put it on the mem card, inserted it, currently am getting the beeps with RC gimbal control and GPS signal, still beeping D---D-D...

App still says out of date, I'll check back in when It completes

The interesting part is in the App the firmware still says its up to date...

Ok Update... afte putting the appropriate firmware on the mem card, all is well and everything is working, Still not sure what happened.

At any rate, thanks for your help!

2016-6-6
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

mattsimok33@gma Posted at 2016-6-6 12:43
Hey Donnie,

Sorry I had a crazy busy weekend, so it's rather bizzare, somehow it downgraded to V.  ...

Happy to help , any time , thanks for the update - it sure helps

donnie
2016-6-6
Use props
linelock
lvl.1
United States

Just had a problem with my i1 updating my remote and then the bird. Curious because my i1 Pro/Raw went smooth as silk.

In any case this solution worked like a charm .  .  .  .

Thanks,

Linelock
2016-7-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

linelock Posted at 2016-7-29 23:04
Just had a problem with my i1 updating my remote and then the bird. Curious because my i1 Pro/Raw we ...

Great , you are welcome

donnie
2016-7-31
Use props
Mike Ronesia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10026 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-31 09:05
Great , you are welcome

donnie

My RC is at 1.6 and this process works, so thank you very much. My problem is I can't do it with my droid and the RC is asking for 1.7.4 and I can't find it.
2016-8-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Mike Ronesia Posted at 2016-8-4 22:47
My RC is at 1.6 and this process works, so thank you very much. My problem is I can't do it with m ...

If you are on 1.6 , you can go to 1.7 easy by just using the Go app and Wireless internet.

With a good wi Fi signal for the device with go app, open the first screen of go app, tap on the top corner with the graduation cap and hold it down for 10 seconds, it will then open and give you the option to upgrade  the version or rollback.

In the future ( soon ) I will have a link to 1.7 directly .
also see video below

donnie
2016-8-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Mike Ronesia Posted at 2016-8-4 22:47
My RC is at 1.6 and this process works, so thank you very much. My problem is I can't do it with m ...

2016-8-5
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The download address for V1.7 is found in the tablet log file that it polls to get the update, you can find this on the iPad, just need the log fine of someone who has updated
2016-8-5
Use props
Mike Ronesia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10026 ft
Northern Mariana Islands

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-5 22:19
If you are on 1.6 , you can go to 1.7 easy by just using the Go app and Wireless internet.

With a  ...

None of the phones I have tried (3) will transfer data to the remote. They all download it and then it fails at 0% install. When I do this the RC and drone no longer can communicate. I was able to reload 1.6 with a flash drive and get them to talk again but without a way to load 1.7 I'm stuck.
I will also add that i have never seen an image on the screen from the camera. It is always black, but I did take a picture and the image was on the SD card so I know the camera is on. I am hoping the RC update will fix this.

I've had this thing for 3 days and am going nowhere fast.

My P3P and H920 just booted up and worked so I'm a little frustrated.
2016-8-5
Use props
AlpenCreative
New

United States

Mike Ronesia Posted at 2016-8-6 07:53
None of the phones I have tried (3) will transfer data to the remote. They all download it and then ...

I'm having the exact same problems going from FW 1.6 to 1.7. Thanks for all your help here Donnie, but the .bin file via USB stick technique won't work and the Go App won't work either... Inspire 1 Pro RC 1.6 AC 1.8
2016-8-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

AlpenCreative Posted at 2016-8-26 16:54
I'm having the exact same problems going from FW 1.6 to 1.7. Thanks for all your help here Donnie, ...

Do you still need help ?

I can get another file and you could try it again.

donnie
2016-8-28
Use props
AlpenCreative
New

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-28 11:29
Do you still need help ?

I can get another file and you could try it again.

Yes, still having problems, thank you Donnie.

It's pretty strange - nothing happens when I try the USB loading technique. I even rolled back the FW to 1.5.8 just to change things up and see if it helped, and the Go App failed updating back to 1.6 while the USB stick with FW 1.6 DID work and updated. I then load the FW 1.7 bin file onto the same USB stick after formatting and nothing happens - the RC doesn't recognize or accept the new 1.7 file. And when I try updating from 1.6 to 1.7 via Go App it fails in the same way as mentioned above, it stops at 0% and says Update Failed. Ugh.

Not sure what to do at this point, I've exhausted all my options. Waiting for the weekend to be over to call tech support Monday morning.
2016-8-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

AlpenCreative Posted at 2016-8-28 14:56
Yes, still having problems, thank you Donnie.

It's pretty strange - nothing happens when I try t ...

There is something different on this 1.7 file , I have a computer friend of mine working on it .  This might take a couple days. ( This is for the thumb drive method )

If you open the Go app with all systems fired up and near a wireless wi- fi, go to the system settings page , it should say that you need to update to 1.7  does it ?

Then if you have the wi - fi for the go app it should load , what does yours do ?

donnie
2016-8-29
Use props
AlpenCreative
New

United States

Picture 1 - The Go App v. 2.8.4 (Android) detects the 1.7.4 Update

Picture 2 - Download finished, ready to upgrade

Picture 3 - Almost as soon as I hit update it fails at 0%

Picture 4 - when I hit Retry it says Disconnected, although I'm still on good WiFi
Screenshot_2016-08-29-10-50-05.png
Screenshot_2016-08-29-10-50-23.png
Screenshot_2016-08-29-10-50-34.png
Screenshot_2016-08-29-10-53-00.png
2016-8-29
Use props
AlpenCreative
New

United States

And sorry, the forum flipped the order of the photos
2016-8-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-8-5 11:33
The download address for V1.7 is found in the tablet log file that it polls to get the update, you c ...

Do you know where on a I pad ?  I have 1.7 loaded but need the Independent file , the one I received from my friend does not work, think some data is corrupted and need another copy .

Thanks- Donnie
2016-9-6
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/C1_FW_v01.07.0040.bin
2016-9-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer