Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Australian commercial flight laws changing
1294 5 2016-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Good news for Australian flyers, as of late September we will be able to fly commercially without a pilot or operators license for drones under 2KG!

At first thought it was a a cruel April fools joke but appears to be on the level.

Doesn't help Inspire owners but I know a lot of us also have Phantoms, which do qualify.

https://www.casa.gov.au/publicat ... ly-piloted-aircraft

2016-4-1
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

I dont understand the logic in that law... commercial is commercial be it 2kg or over... all drones... (that fit in a suitcase) ...should be exempt from that stupid law... besides how in hell can they prove ( unless they catch you red handed) ...that you used the inspire if you have both....a stupid and unenforceable law... it should be all or nothing...
2016-4-1
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

So the new acc will be helium balloons to fill every cavity you can find n an inspire lol........
They all have negative weight with the motors running anyway ;)

I am guess there will be lots of Inspire owners with a Phantom in the back of their car everywhere they go.

I recon the limit should be Inspire size birds.....its the logical jump point where the next step is heavy lift stuff that carry DSLR's or proper Cine Camera's.
2016-4-1
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

CASA framework is one thing, insurance is another.
Best of luck finding someone to cover you commercially without an OC, despite these changes.

2016-4-1
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-4-2 17:20
CASA framework is one thing, insurance is another.
Best of luck finding someone to cover you commerc ...

I recon the vast majority of people using these things don't even carry any sort of insurance......wedding guys etc etc....
2016-4-2
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-4-2 23:24
I recon the vast majority of people using these things don't even carry any sort of insurance..... ...

Yep, so true.
2016-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules