Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Gimbal Issue and Other Warnings...
1895 3 2016-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nes
lvl.3

United States

In Short.... New Phantom 4 about 8 flights on it and all of a sudden gimbal faces up at the right front Prop. Status on the DJI App reads (Gimbal Disconnected). Just a few minutes of noticing this and the smell of burned plastic is very clear. Now, no visual burning, just the smell from inside the body. So, what happens when your copter goes out and the shot has to be captured? Run to Apple and purchase a new one get finish the shoot, but during one of the flights a new Warning Message... This one read: Motor idiling (loose or missing propeller). Well it was about 100 feet up and i brought it down checked the props and nothing was loose.

Anyone else seen these incidents?

As for the first copter that is less than 5 days old. Well DJI has sent me an RMA and they said they will need to look at it and repair it. What? repair a 5 day old copter that the gimbal went south on and smells burned inside? Hmmm
2016-4-1
Use props
hummingbird.uav
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That's a real bummer, two defective machines.  DJI will most like put a new gimbal in your first machine.  2nd one is a bit trickier, you may have to fly it a bit more to see if the error repeats.  If it does you should try get a refund from Apple.
2016-4-2
Use props
moya.jose
New

Dominican Republic

I Have the same problem, returned mine.
2016-4-2
Use props
Nes
lvl.3

United States

moya.jose@gmail Posted at 2016-4-2 08:20