FPV headset
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gaskinjsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412106 ft
United States

Hey guys, kinda new to DJI and quadcopters. In a few days I will be purchasing a phantom 3 pro and I am wondering if regular FPV headset will work with this type quadcopter. I will apreciate any feedback. Thanks.
2016-4-2
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

What do you mean by "regular"?  If you get the Hdmi module, (99.00) for the controller,  than any goggles that have Hdmi input will work,  so long as it can display 720p.  If you use the Litchi app,  no Hdmi module needed,  because you can use a set of Google Goggle type mounts that you put your phone device in. They work very well,  are cheap,  and will let you control the tilt of the gimbal by tilting your head. Or,  you could get a device that has Hdmi output and plug goggles into that.  There are quite a few options,  actually.  With the Phantom,  all these options use the on board camera for the fpv view.  And that is a good thing,  because mounting an fpv camera on the phantom would be klutzy and ugly.
2016-4-2
Use props
gaskinjsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412106 ft
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-4-3 00:27
What do you mean by "regular"?  If you get the Hdmi module, (99.00) for the controller,  than any go ...

You answered my question, thank you. I was mainly asking about if any FPV headset would work, but you clarified the topic for me.
2016-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules