3974 18 2016-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504692 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought phantom 4 when it was just released and had about 10 flights so far. From the very first day it was not holding neither iphone nor ipad mini properly. The worse thing that it got more and more loose. And now it does not hold iphone at all, and barely keeps ipad mini. My question is who is responsible? Me or its covered by warranty? If covered do I have to ship whole Phantom 4 back to DJI service (which I don't wanna do, cause I am happy with it) or just holder?
IMG_2534.jpg
IMG_2535.jpg
IMG_2536.jpg
2016-4-2
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you not tighten it up, the screw shown in your picture? Or do you mean it loose when you try securing your device not enough pressure to hold it
2016-4-3
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

Never release the button until your device has been properly sandwiched.....I believe something bad had happened to those sawteeth, might be collapsed or something...

Contact DJI and ask them to replace a new one! Good luck!
2016-4-3
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Exib Posted at 2016-4-3 04:05
Can you not tighten it up, the screw shown in your picture? Or do you mean it loose when you try sec ...

Which screw? There is no screws at all, its packed in white plastic. The problem is not the screws below. As shown on the image it does not close at all
2016-4-3
Use props
WetDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

Looks like a defective unit.  You likely can get DJI to replace it, you can also buy them as an accessory and save the hassle.  On P3's the stock bracket (the one at Exib had suggested you tighten) isn't very sturdy and needs frequent tightening.   A common fix is to get an Inspire version which, for some reason, has a much better bracket.  It looks like the P4 is the same as the Inspire but if not, getting the beefier holder can save you some aggravation in the future.
2016-4-3
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

If your going to go all out with a big tablet....go all out! I can swing mine around all day and it never comes loose or wiggles. The stock mount is a joke and always has been.
Parts here: http://www.secraft.net/index.php

controller 1.jpg
Controller 2.jpg
Controller 3.jpg
2016-4-3
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-4-3 19:31
If your going to go all out with a big tablet....go all out! I can swing mine around all day and it  ...

Nice - where did you get that?
2016-4-3
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
United States

Damager Posted at 2016-4-3 20:36
Nice - where did you get that?

It's expensive but it's worth it for stability!

Link is in the post....any other questions just ask me....love this thing!
Site:
http://www.secraft.net/index.php

Tray:
http://www.secraft.net/shop/step ... ode=C20110111064239

Mount:
http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1625

2016-4-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

It is covered under warranty, tomorrow morning call 818-235-0789 and the will be able to assist you further.
2016-4-3
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

United States

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-4-4 08:39
It's expensive but it's worth it for stability!

Link is in the post....any other questions just as ...

Looks like some nice kit but bulky, does it fit into any currently available cases or does it require disassembly first?
2016-4-3
Use props
Kestrel Aerial
lvl.1

United States

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-4-3 20:31
If your going to go all out with a big tablet....go all out! I can swing mine around all day and it  ...

How about the part that you have on the antennas?  Do you see a noticeable improvement?  Didn't see that on the website for the TX tray and holder. Thanks
2016-4-3
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

yea you definitely got a defective RC. call DJI ASAP with the number Ken supplied earlier in this thread and you should be all good. Mine has a strong grip, my tablets never slipped no matter what I do.
2016-4-4
Use props
t.lynch7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 479951 ft
United States

I found a few strips of Velcro works great to hold any device in place. I used it to secure my 10.1" Ipad...and then I found its not compatible, but nonetheless it was stable.
2016-4-4
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
United States

Cale262 Posted at 2016-4-4 00:02
Looks like some nice kit but bulky, does it fit into any currently available cases or does it requ ...

It fit's perfectly in my bag. Just remove tablet which takes 2 seconds.

Phantom 3 bag.jpg
2016-4-4
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
United States

Kestrel Aerial  Posted at 2016-4-4 00:52
How about the part that you have on the antennas?  Do you see a noticeable improvement?  Didn't se ...

The all aluminum windsurfer works very well for me. I havent really pushed the limits on it but I'm alot more comfortable flying a little further than the norm. Plus it's very well constructed not the flimsy plastic with aluminum foil crap.

Link on Ebay where I bought it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/31152081 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2016-4-4
Use props
Kestrel Aerial
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for all the info.  Based on what I read and your experience with it I place an order on the parabolic range booster.  Far as the  TX tray and mount I was hesitating to spend the money on the Secraft (need 3 of them). But I got great news today and our company is about to become real busy. Now that investment make a lot of sense. I do have another question. You don't have a sun shade on your iPad in the pictures. I'm assuming that you use one.  Are there specific shades that work with the Secraft mount and those that don't? Would appreciate any recommendations you may have. All the best!

Fly Safe, Fly Often
2016-4-4
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
United States

Kestrel Aerial  Posted at 2016-4-4 22:59
Thanks for all the info.  Based on what I read and your experience with it I place an order on the p ...

Actually I made my own from a black box from HobbyLobby for 12.00. I'll post a picture when i get home later. My tablet is kinda oversized and I couldn't find a "sunshade" for it. Seems to do the job though.
2016-4-5
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-3 23:10
It is covered under warranty, tomorrow morning call 818-235-0789 and the will be able to assist you  ...

Thank you for your response, Sorry for late reply I was out of city )
2016-4-9
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

t.lynch7@Yahoo. Posted at 2016-4-4 09:38
I found a few strips of Velcro works great to hold any device in place. I used it to secure my 10.1" ...

Thats also great idea! Bravo!
2016-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules