DJI Go updated - Intelligent flight modes not working.
2516 9 2016-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59426 ft
United Kingdom

Prior to updating the Go app, the intelligent flight modes have worked perfectly. After the last update they have disappeared.

I am not interested in re-setting, flying above 20 metres, toggling IOC off (I don't have an IOC button in the app anymore), flying on days that begin with 'M' on months that begin with 'J'. I have done all of that.

I'm thoroughly fed up with software that won't allow me to check if all is working before travelling 10 miles to fly up to 50 metres to find out that it it isn't. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Everytime DJI produce an update the software becomes less reliable and more frustrating. I have to re-learn each and every page because there is no documentation to inform me of the changes.

The last update appears to be for the camera alone and is confusing because the aircraft firmware is reported as the previous version.

The sooner someone hacks this junk software, as was done by jailbreaking the iphone, the better.

(why can't someone plug their iPhone into the RC USB port and direct the camera without the need for an expensive reduntant 2nd RC unit is quite beyond me).

I should be enjoying this expensive video platform. Instead, I am fearful that flicking a switch will be a disaster.
Rod.

Inspire 1
iPad Air 2
App version 2.7.1
Aircraft version 1.6.00.40
RC version 1.5.80
Camera version 1.7.00.90

FC serial 0410051591

2016-4-3
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

They moved it in 2.7.1-> See this thread: IOC functions in 2.71

p.s. I think the reason is DJi is suppoting multiple platforms (with different requirements) with a single version of GO. I agree with your frustrations....
2016-4-3
Use props
rod
lvl.1
United Kingdom

terrylewis Posted at 2016-4-3 20:56
They moved it in 2.7.1-> See this thread: IOC functions in 2.71

p.s. I think the reason is DJi is s ...

Thank you. I have just found this on the simulator. It is disgraceful that DJI should make such a fundamental change (in a camera update) without documenting it.

I hope this works tomorrow in the real world!

Rod
2016-4-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you try to uninstall reinstall app???
2016-4-3
Use props
rod
lvl.1
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-4-3 21:32
Did you try to uninstall reinstall app???

I tried everything except look for a complete un-intuitive change in app configuration which has been pointed out by terrylewis. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 58137&fromuid=44480
Don't you people read the thread before commenting?
2016-4-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's not my fault your not smart enough to look for minor changes in the app, I, like 99.9% of everyone else found the intelligent flight modes in about the first 10 seconds of opening the updated app. Excuse me for trying to help.
2016-4-3
Use props
rod
lvl.1
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-4-3 22:26
It's not my fault your not smart enough to look for minor changes in the app, I, like 99.9% of every ...

So why did you ask me whether I uninstalled and re-installed the app? The answer was already in the thread. You could have devoted your wise and wonderful, worldly knowledge to someone who hadn't had an answer, smartypants.
2016-4-3
Use props
TonyBergen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135820 ft
Netherlands

i have the same with my mavic. DJI is down from amazing to crap in my opinion
2017-6-5
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

DJI needs to make a decision on whether to use 2 apps ie DJI Go and DJI Go 4 to control all DJI products. It is unmanageable and so bloated that it now severely outstripped an even high end IOS or Android tablets. They either move to Window with full fledged tablet or strip it down to support single model. Everyone is now affected by issues with the apps/hardware etc, etc. Most of average users are frustrated.
2017-6-6
Use props
hermantel bo
New

Netherlands

Intelligent of dji to disable intelligent flight mode.maybe they just want to prefent accidents but wont tell you this?
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules