Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO App not working on iPad Air 2 iOS 9.3.1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fuji27
New

Trinidad and Tobago

Just purchased an iPad Air 2 and it has iOS 9.3.1 installed. The DJI GO app only shows the "How to Connect" screen for my Phantom 3 Pro,
but does not connect.
The DJI GO app works fine on my iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.4.1 installed.
Please help.
The reason why I purchased the iPad Air 2 was so I could utilize a bigger screen when flying.
The iPad Air 2 is supposed to be supported.
I have no other programs installed on the iPad, just the iOS and the DJI GO app.
Again please help solve this problem, thanks.
2016-4-3
Use props
sandmarkcontrac
lvl.1

Hi, I'm having the same problems, I purchased a iPad Air 2 for the same reasons, It worked fine until I just updated the firmware of the Aircraft, controller and Go app to the current versions.
I also updated the iPad to version 9.3.1.
It now wont let me see the camera on the screen.
Mine still works on my Sony phone (small screen)  but the iPads a no go.
Was intermittent before , now its a paperweight.
Hopefully Dji will sort out some firmware issues.

2016-4-3
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.4

Australia

I think it was the new DJI GO app that was the problem for me. It had trouble communicating with my Inspire 1 remote.., but worked fine after updating RC firmware.
2016-4-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try uninstall and reinstall the Go App and see if this works

Rich
2016-4-4
Use props
manuelnegronpr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

My two cents. I have the iPad air 2 with version 9.3.1 and everything working perfect. Sorry for your communication issue. Hope you can fix it.
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, I'd suggest you to reinstall the DJI GO APP and change other apple original lightning cables again. What's more,  you can erase your all content and settings in your air 2 and then reinstall the DJI GO APP .
2016-4-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Nary uno problemo minuscule... Hahaha
Nothing to report, but broad smiles, señor.

RedHotPoker
2016-4-5
Use props
gregorum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 613241 ft
Australia

same here. Updated my Iphone 6 + to 9.3.1 and dji go app doesn't connect(tried to delete/soft reset/reinstall nothing) tried 3 different cables, nothing. Installed djo go app on wife's iphone 6+ ios 9.3.0 and it connects perfectly
2016-4-6
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.4

Australia

Is it possible to try an older version of DJI GO app?
2016-4-6
Use props
daveabbey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10325 ft
United States

Kit Walker Posted at 2016-4-6 22:16
Is it possible to try an older version of DJI GO app?

i have the same problem with my samsung tab after the last update.. alot of people having same problem.. i just read that you should reinstall the RC and Bird firmware.. i havent had time to try but will tomorrow.. maybe that will do it
2016-4-6
Use props
sandmarkcontrac
lvl.1

Ive reset my iPad air2 back to factory settings.
Reinstalled the DJI Go app.version 2.7.1
I have the bird on 1.7.6
RC on version 1.5.8
My iPad version is now 9.3.1
Now Ive made it worse, the App wont connect at all, before I couldnt see an camera feed on the screen.

2016-4-6
Use props
sandmark
lvl.1

Plugged in my Sony Xperia phone with Dji Go app and it will show the main screen with the controls etc but will only show the camera image one in 10 times.
iPad air 2 will not connect, swapped with brand new apple leads etc (its not a lead)
2016-4-6
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.4

Australia

I had two different problems. DJI GO would not "Connect to aircraft" (written in green above "Enter Camera")
Sometimes it would say "How to connect", or "Camera".., but I still had no FPV, telemetrics etc.

Try this thread. http://forum.dji.com/thread-46662-1-1.html
2016-4-7
Use props
fredkusin
New

I have the same problem. Works fine on my iPhone 5s with 9.3.1, but my iPad 3 mini 9.3.1 cannot connect to the "Camera". What's weird is that my iPad let's me LOGIN under the "Me" icon, but my profile doesn't show my Flight Records and other profile info.
2016-4-13
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I reported about this problem a month ago, shows always how to connect on both iphone6+ and ipad air 2. I sent my remote controller in for an FW update and USB Port check. Lets see
2016-4-13
Use props
Pilot370
lvl.1

United States

I had same issue with my iPad Pro 9.7. It was on 9.3.1, so i returned it to Best Buy. The new one had 9.3 on it, i left it at that and it all works fine now.
2016-4-13
Use props
knupla2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

Pilot370 Posted at 2016-4-13 11:12
I had same issue with my iPad Pro 9.7. It was on 9.3.1, so i returned it to Best Buy. The new one ha ...

Something is sure odd about this.

My Air 2 is on 9.3.1 and works perfectly.

That said, I can't stop complaining about how poor the Air 2 is in sunlight.  Terrible.
ADDED:  BTW, there is an update to iOS 9.3.1 that fixes an issue wiht apps that become unresponsive .  Try updates.
2016-4-13
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

knupla2 Posted at 2016-4-13 13:08
Something is sure odd about this.

My Air 2 is on 9.3.1 and works perfectly.

Where did you find this fix at ?

Thanks- donnie
2016-4-13
Use props
knupla2
lvl.4
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-4-13
Use props
knupla2
lvl.4
United States

Not sure why but it looks like my post got locked
2016-4-13
Use props
knupla2
lvl.4
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-13 12:25
Where did you find this fix at ?

Thanks- donnie

email me at steve@nmpcs.com
2016-4-13
Use props
fredkusin
New

fredkusin Posted at 2016-4-14 00:15
I have the same problem. Works fine on my iPhone 5s with 9.3.1, but my iPad 3 mini 9.3.1 cannot conn ...

Fixed. Download Apple Beta 9.3.2 and install on your IOS device.
2016-4-13
Use props
bmartosb
lvl.1

Spain

Just did the same, problem solved!! Please refer to "Compatibility between ipad pro and p4. Bobreich explained in detail how to do it
2016-4-13
Use props
cagareli
New

Georgia

Hello all,

I have same problem, I have Ipad Air2, 4G version, with SIM card.  DJI GO not working. because IOS 9.3.1 is not posible for DJI GO.
maybe DJI will answer us, when this problem will corrected?

!!! DJI - maybe better, if all of us will sell our Ipads?
2016-4-14
Use props
Richard in Bois
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

cagareli@gmail. Posted at 2016-4-14 21:20
Hello all,

I have same problem, I have Ipad Air2, 4G version, with SIM card.  DJI GO not working. b ...

I also have ipad air 2 and it works fine.  After installing latest ios update, I deleted DJI Go app and reinstalled and all is fine.
2016-4-14
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Germany

Richard in Bois Posted at 2016-4-14 21:26
I also have ipad air 2 and it works fine.  After installing latest ios update, I deleted DJI Go ap ...

most ppl did that without success, this is not the solution. I guess you need the latest remote controller FW
2016-4-14
Use props
New

Norway

I have just replaced an old samsung Tablet, which was just able to run DJI go, with an iPad Air 2 cellular running iOS 9.3.1 and could not get it to work despite spending hours trying out all the tricks (re-install, reset to factory settings etc). Following the lead of some others I upgraded my iPad Air 2 today to iOS 9.3.2 beta, which came out about a week ago. Now everything works perfectly.
2016-4-14
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Germany

0722 Posted at 2016-4-15 00:29
I have just replaced an old samsung Tablet, which was just able to run DJI go, with an iPad Air 2 ce ...

Did you tried the latest remote controller FW ? I have an ipad air2 with 9.3.1 and it works after i send my remote controller back to DJI for repair. They switched replaced the controller with the "C" version and installed the latest FW. Now it works with my ipad air 2 on 9.3.1
2016-4-14
Use props
ljdeangelis
New
United States

I can confirm that joining the Apple Beta program (It's free - google it) and installing Public Beta 9.3.2 does indeed fix the DJIGO 'How to Connect' problem. After the 9.3.2 beta upgrade the Phantom 3 connects fine.
2016-4-14
Use props
New

Norway

You actually do not have to join the Apple beta program to download Beta 9.3.2. There are some sites that provide the download, for example, https://www.reddit.com/r/iOSBeta/wiki/dl
2016-4-15
Use props
Tdobbins
New

United Kingdom

Same problem , chatted with DJI help desk they have confirmed they have problems with IOS 9.3.1

Pain wish I hadn't upgraded the software ,     Help desk advises no idea when it's going to be fixed, !!
2016-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules