iPad Mini 1
11223 5 2016-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bwilliams
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys

Can any one help. I have an old iPad mini (1st edition) wifi only, will this be okay to use with the phantom 4 or does it need to be cellular?

Thanks
2016-4-3
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235738 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

You may need to do a quick search on the forum but I didn't think the iPad mini 1 has enough processing power to run the app
2016-4-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Can you download the Go App from the Apple Store?
You can certainly use a wifi only device, although a Cellular iPad has a GPS module, built in.
But you can check the Combatibilty list of approved devices for info on your particular model.
DJI GO APP

iOS Version v2.7.1. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
    Android Version v2.7.1. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8,Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
    *Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

I was originally thinking I would simply use my old reliable iPad 3, but it wouldn't download the app, no besides, too big for the OEM device holder. ;-)

It would unfortunately appear, your device 'ain't' listed.  A prediction: some new or refurbished device is in your very near future. Haha

It's all good, I bought this iPad Air 2 64gb Cellular when it was new and payed full price. Where as you can now buy this same device for 1/2 my full retail...

RedHotPoker
2016-4-3
Use props
artcuevas
lvl.1

Mexico

I tried using an iPad Mini 1 and the lag was terrible, so I didn't used it anymore. Try instead a Mini 2, works flawlessly.
2016-4-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No, the early Mini does not have a sufficiently powerful processor for the GO App. you need a Mini 2 or better.
2016-4-4
Use props
bwilliams
lvl.1

United States

Thanks guys, I have the iphone 6s plus but was thinking it would benifit from a bigger display screen. Im currentyl working offshore and cant waiti to get home ant try it out.
Hoping the Mrs's aint crashed it by then
2016-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules