Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Tim.. new bug in Go App :: Map Loading Issue in flight record
2880 36 2016-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tim,

I think we have a large software bug in the new version of the Go App 2.7.1 This issue is with the Map finding your location and reporting it to the flight record. If you notice on all the flights since this last update, my flight records show "location" as Map Loading.  The other thing I noticed is that it is very hard to use your fingers to zoom in on the Map View.

Can you look into this with your engineering guys and see if they can find the problem. I am running IOS 9.3.1 on all of my devices and all of them are doing the same thing.

I will post a photo to this thread showing the issue.

map loading.png

Thanks

Rich
2016-4-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Rich, the map loading should bring up the location after a bit.
And the moving or zooming it being worked on. Use the right side of the screen for not.
2016-4-3
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-3 20:43
Rich, the map loading should bring up the location after a bit.
And the moving or zooming it being  ...

Hi Ken

The location does not come up after a bit. As you can see in my flight record log, it only says Map Loading. I have waited for this even while connected to the WiFi network...  It does not matter which device in my case it is happening on my iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2.

I was able to zoom on the right side of the screen, but it is hit and miss for me.

Rich
2016-4-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-4 12:15
Hi Ken

The location does not come up after a bit. As you can see in my flight record log, it only ...

Maybe a server issue than, see about tomorrow.
Also try to sync the flight records again.
2016-4-3
Use props
Joko
First Officer
Flight distance : 497674 ft
Switzerland

Hi, same to me, add me to the list.
Bye.
2016-4-4
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Having the same issue and synching does not help. I also have 2 different records, one in my real name and one in the name of the Inspire, and they are not the same.
2016-4-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-3 21:58
Maybe a server issue than, see about tomorrow.
Also try to sync the flight records again.

Hi Ken,

I have done multipole sync's to the server and this has not updated or changed. I noticed on another post that Map Loading was in his photo too.

Keep us advised if you find the issue
Rich
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-4 23:51
Hi Ken,

I have done multipole sync's to the server and this has not updated or changed. I noticed ...

Mine does it as well, I've sent an email. Can you scroll to the right to different aircraft and see if it's like that there.
When I scroll to each aircraft all of those are mapped, it's only from the main page with all the aircraft that some files say map loading.
2016-4-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-4 09:03
Mine does it as well, I've sent an email. Can you scroll to the right to different aircraft and se ...

Ken

I scrolled thru to the right and  all of my flight records that are prior to the App update have the location correct. Only all of the new flights with 3 different aircraft are showing Map Loading on them

This was yesterday with the inspire on my front lawn and my wife was using the OSMO:

2016-04-04.jpg

Rich
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-5 00:28
Ken

I scrolled thru to the right and  all of my flight records that are prior to the App update ha ...

I'm sure it's just a server update issue.
Nice green yard too
2016-4-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-4 09:49
I'm sure it's just a server update issue.
Nice green yard too

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks man

Rich
2016-4-4
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

I've been told by another DJI rep (DJI Amy i believe) that there's something glitching with the flight logs and syncing and the flight log screen isn't working properly (which may explain your problem Richj53), and it is being worked on for the next GO update. Estimate was a few weeks, but i'm guessing that's a real general estimate of when.
2016-4-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>

There is nothing 'New' about this problem. Its been around since Go started. We've been promised fixes but, I've not seen a fool proof one.

The actual data on the flight is intact. DJI is correct on that point. You can tell because stills shot in the 'Map Loading' records can contain accurate GPS metadata.

The problem is typically encountered if you have logged multiple flights and have several devices and appears to be a synchronisation / header reading issue. Note that the actual flights giving this problem change from launch to launch of the program.
2016-4-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-4 16:28
I've been told by another DJI rep (DJI Amy i believe) that there's something glitching with the flig ...

Thanks for the heads up FFNC

It sounds like it will be awhile before they get this sorted out.

Rich
2016-4-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-4-4 16:52
There is nothing 'New' about this problem. Its been around since Go started. We've been promised fix ...

MTC
Yup, agreed... They have packed a lot of stuff into the Go App, they fix one thing and break another
Wish they would have removed the website / forum / store stuff out of the program and focused on piloting software.
I like the old days with the Pilot App

Rich
2016-4-4
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-4-4 19:52
There is nothing 'New' about this problem. Its been around since Go started. We've been promised fix ...

There's never a fool proof version of a brand new product. They gotta get the bugs out. And I have one dedicated tablet for my drone, I only use DJI GO on the one tablet, so it isn't cross synchronization issues. Nor does it happen when i try to log multiple flights. Just one flight. It also, only sometimes, says that I took 00:00 of video when i shot video the entire flight. there's quite a few bugs in the flight logs portion of DJI GO, but hopefully they will be fixed with next update(or at least some of them). I'm hopeful. I don't know how much you buy brand new technologically inventive products but this is pretty normal S.O.P. Oh yea, and twice at around 300ft. my DJI GO app crashed and the tablet restarts. Luckily I don't need the app to fly or I would have crashed twice from that high so far.
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-5 10:12
MTC
Yup, agreed... They have packed a lot of stuff into the Go App, they fix one thing and break a ...

Thanks Rich! I'll escalate it to our DJI GO developers
2016-4-5
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-4 22:09
Thanks for the heads up FFNC

It sounds like it will be awhile before they get this sorted out.

No problem Richj53, I scroll through this forum a lot, looking to answer questions for people about stuff that i've been learning about the P4 and everything that goes with it. Hopefully, that update will come sooner rather than later. From what DJI Amy said (from what I remember), the goal was the end of April.
2016-4-5
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-5 05:22

I actually enjoy being able to visit the forum and the store from the app, so I can check if there's been any changes in FW or anything before I fly, and also to check on my orders and where they are when I can't get to a laptop. I think of those as good portions of the GO App, I'm sure a lot of strictly pilots will disagree with me on this one though.
2016-4-5
Use props
sandmarkcontrac
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,
Im tearing my hair out with this stuff. lol
Ive wiped my Ipad Air 2 and started from scratch,
Its updated to version 9.3.1
Ive reinstalled Dji Go app.
re started Ipad and now I cant even get the controller to talk to the app.
It keeps comming up with (How to connect) instead of the blue camers button.
The problem before was no video display on the screen after updating the Bird,controller, app and Ipad.
Now Ive made it worse.
Any Ideas?
Thanks
2016-4-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-5 02:22

Thanks Tim,

I am sure they are working on many things for the next update.
Another issue for me:::
It would be nice if they brought back the home and dynamic home point button on the main screen again!! This is a big deal when you are flying and want to change the home point.

Rich
2016-4-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

sandmarkcontrac Posted at 2016-4-5 05:39
Hi,
Im tearing my hair out with this stuff. lol
Ive wiped my Ipad Air 2 and started from scratch,

sandmark

wow that's a bummer. not sure what is going on. Sounds like the remote is not working correctly after the update.... maybe you can try using this special gs_ofdm.bin file in place of the regular firmware.
Link to info:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-9341-1-1.html

I have copied this other thread below that has many ideas to try out.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-46041-1-1.html

Rich
2016-4-5
Use props
sandmarkcontrac
lvl.1

Rich

Thanks for the links mate but still no joy,
Ive got the place I bought it from "Model Flight in Adelaide" looking into getting it sorted somehow,
I bought it in Feb 2016 with a new Ipad Air2.
It was connecting the camera feed about 1 in 3 times till the latest firmware updates and now shes a paper weight ;)
Hopefully there will be a firmware update or something out soon.
Have a good one.
Cheers
2016-4-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

sandmarkcontrac Posted at 2016-4-5 18:11
Rich

Thanks for the links mate but still no joy,

Did you see donnie's post with the DJI firmware file. This file can be put on a USB flash drive and then put into the remote. This is the way we used to update the remotes before the DJI Go App solution.

check this out and maybe you will get it going again

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html
Rich
2016-4-5
Use props
sandmarkcontrac
lvl.1

Hi Again,
Tried that still no go.
Might have to start boxing it up I think.
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi Rich! I was just told that this issue will be resolved in the next version of DJI GO app
2016-4-6
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

sandmarkcontrac Posted at 2016-4-5 19:48
Hi Again,
Tried that still no go.
Might have to start boxing it up I think.

very sorry this happened to you and I don't think you are doing anything wrong...

Maybe try the support guys or you are most likely have to send it to the shop for repair.

Rich
2016-4-6
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-6 01:25
Hi Rich! I was just told that this issue will be resolved in the next version of DJI GO app

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the quick response and the help from your team.

PS, did you ask them about putting the home point button back on the main screen again? I miss this quick access tool if it is needed during flight.

Rich
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-6 23:18
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the quick response and the help from your team.

I'll ask them, Rich
2016-4-6
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Tim!

Rich
2016-4-6
Use props
dre86888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1006972 ft

I'm going to have to start being more wary of updating after this next update fixes the map loading issue because everything was great until my app began begging me to update. If it's not broke...you know the rest.
2016-4-14
Use props
CloudChaserCT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8031880 ft

Its all fixed now for me with the new Go App update for iPad mini 2 Version 2.7.2....

Im so happy they finally got that fixed, also they newer layout is a little nicer, But you cant really see the Battery % on the main screen as well, since they made the Font smaller on the top info bar.. The Flight Record section is actually very nice, well thought out, and even more modern looking..

Very Pleased its all working better, just wish you could still see all of your Battery Cells at the same time like you could with the older 2.7.0 or older App, the windows were transparent so you could still see your live video feed and watch or adjust your flight settings without stopping..
2016-4-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Hello Tim,

Looks like they updated everything again regarding the new layout. Please relay my thanks to the developer's for putting the home point feature back on the main screen! This is much easier to access.  Looks like they fixed quite a few things and so far I LIKE IT

EDIT::::  TIM they did not put the home point button back on the main screen. Once I connected the Inspire it disappeared again.... Darn it all. I thought they were listening to us.

1)  I would like to suggest on the next Go App update:
Please include a calibrate button for the IMU on the Aircraft Status screen. As you know it is four (4) taps deep in the Main Controller Settings menu. This would be very nice to have a easy access (just like the compass).
2) I like the new menu system for all of the flight controls using the left side tabs. Could you make this menu more transparent and allow the video behind show up. This would be especially nice for the battery status page because I check this often while flying and I do not like to cover up the live video feed.

Thanks again, good work.

Rich
2016-4-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dre86888 Posted at 2016-4-14 20:10
I'm going to have to start being more wary of updating after this next update fixes the map loading  ...

Yup, no pain no gain   you never know sometimes after the update... But they are making it much better for most of the flight features

Rich
2016-4-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CloudChaserCT Posted at 2016-4-15 01:25
Its all fixed now for me with the new Go App update for iPad mini 2 Version 2.7.2....

Im so happ ...

CCCT

Yes, this is fantastic! They did it much faster than expected with more improvements too,. I agree with your assessment and I posted the items I would like to see changed to Tim to pass on.

They have made some very nice improvements, I checked all of the bugs I noticed and they are fixed!!

Rich

2016-4-15
Use props
jackiedh
First Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-15 23:13
Hello Tim,

Looks like they updated everything again regarding the new layout. Please relay my tha ...

I don't see the Home point setting back on the main screen---

What am I missing?

Jack
2016-4-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jackiedh Posted at 2016-4-15 08:54
I don't see the Home point setting back on the main screen---

What am I missing?

After I downloaded and installed it onto my iPhone 6 the home point was on the main screen.... Then I connected to my Inspire 1 V2 and it disappeared ... Dang it all.  I updated my iPad mini 2 and it was on the main screen... and then disappeared after connecting to my aircraft..  So I guess they didn't put it back after all

Rich
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules