Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lenses
909 9 2016-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
connorschulte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

Will this filter: http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-nd4-filter work with the Phantom 4?
Thanks.
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes it will, it's the same as this.
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-nd4-filter
2016-4-4
Use props
Buy Low
lvl.3

United States

speaking of filters...is the P4 lens cover easier to remove in order to install a ND or other filter compared to the somewhat tight fit of the P3 lens cover?
2016-4-4
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

my P4 lens was extremely easy to switch out with the ND filters...it unscrewed without a problem, the only slight problem is when you screw the ND filters on, be careful not to tighten it too much, because once it's completley screwed on, there's still a little thread left on the camera, but the filter will let you keep screwing it on (with a tiny bit of force) until there are no more threads showing. I find that even with threads showing, the ND filter is secure and i'm not worried about it falling off. They sure do make the footage look great though.

edit** just to reiterate, the ND filters fit great, there's just a little thread showing once they're screwed on, so the thread track on the lens that comes with the P4 must be a tiny bit longer than the ones on the ND filters. No big deal.
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-5 04:22
my P4 lens was extremely easy to switch out with the ND filters...it unscrewed without a problem, th ...

It does seem to fit better with the P4. My P3 was a pain to get the lens cover removed and reinstalling the ND filter. On the P4, it just seemed much easier removing the stock cover and also installing the ND filter.
2016-4-4
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-4 16:44
It does seem to fit better with the P4. My P3 was a pain to get the lens cover removed and reinsta ...

yea it was super easy, like it was an actual feature that you can switch out lenses(which it actually is, but I'm guessing from your comment it wasn't that easy with the P3's). I'm super glad it was easy, and i'm glad that it seems very secure when screwed on, just like the stock lens. Ironic the P3 ND filters work easier with the P4 than the P3 lol. The package I got said Phantom 3 ND Filters.
2016-4-4
Use props
hrpull
lvl.1
Flight distance : 491890 ft
United States

I love my Phantom 4 and I have 3  DJI Phantom 4 ND filters on order.  Unfortunately, my lens is not easy to remove - it rotates freely about 15 to 30 degrees counterclockwise and then binds. I've tried all the tricks I could find online (all referring to Phantom 3 issues with the lense) - light pressure, rubber band to increase grip, tape, etc. It seems to be some issue with the aluminum threads binding and I'm at a lost.  At this point I think I'm stuck after several hours of fiddling and I'll have to return for a repair or try the snap on ND filters that are mentioned online. Just an FYI that not all the Phantom 4 lenses are easy to remove.
2016-4-4
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

Getting my lens today. It's almost arrived. Tried to screw of the lens. Got it off without any problem. Guess I got one that wasn't screwed on so tight.
Thanks for the input guys
2016-4-7
Use props
Exib
Captain
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just received 3 filters today directly from DJI
2016-4-7
Use props
connorschulte