12Next >
28235 44 2016-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

For those of you who have used it, with the exception of VR, what other advantages does Litchi offer over the Go app?
Looking at the description in the Google Playstore, it doesn't appear to do much else in addition to what the Go app can do with the P4. However, people seem to love it.
Enlighten me please!

2016-4-4
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi BouldersDad!

For me, 2 major features:
1 - Waypoints mission with multiples POIs, and..
2 - The fact that it completes the mission even if you don't have signal.

I have a P3S, and the signal lost is very common, so Litchi is a very good tool for my missions.
2016-4-4
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Yea that's probably because the P3S uses only GPS, instead of GPS and GLONASS. it also doesn't use lightbridge, just a regular wi-fi downlink so you have FPV as well. That's how it's so cheap. I almost got the P3S until i read the detailed specs. But it's awesome that Litchi works great with the the P3S, that's good to know! Happy flying! oh, and by the way...why is Litchi like $13 on the google play store? thats crazy lol everything else DJI related is free
2016-4-4
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

I finally bought Litchi  yesterday. I bought it because I though it would allow me to do smooth, SLOW, preprogrammed pans (for video). I also wanted to check out if it bypassed the 500 meter ceiling (there was a report that a beta version of the Litchi app allowed this). It DOES NOT. Not that I have even flown above 500 feet - much less meters. I was just sort of interested. Apparently the pan feature is for still pictures and creating a 360 degree panorama, so it won't work for what I wanted it for. Really, that was the feature that made it worth $20 to me. I haven't used it much though and I may like it once I know how to use it. I will say for anyone interested in it - after installing Litchi, the DJI Go app would not start for me (this required me flying a mission with it, when I would have preferred not to). After uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Go app, it works again - I have not tried Litchi since. So far I have been pretty disappointed with the purchase, honestly. I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall every time I want to switch between the two apps. Also, I started a thread the other day about whether flying with Litchi has any warranty considerations and no one has shed any light on that situation.
2016-4-4
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
United States

Thanks, All! At some point, I'd like to experiment with VR, but until then I think I might just hold off.
2016-4-4
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-4
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

madaerial Posted at 2016-4-4 16:41
I finally bought Litchi  yesterday. I bought it because I though it would allow me to do smooth, SLO ...

Have you tried to get a refund? When I turn the RC on my phone Galaxy s6 will auto open and give a choice between the two apps. No matter which one I choose, that app will open. I use Litchi more than the go app because I use the VR mode and my VR goggles.
2016-4-4
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
United States

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-4-4 18:08
Have you tried to get a refund? When I turn the RC on my phone Galaxy s6 will auto open and give a ...

I haven't yet. I would like to continue to test it and evaluate. My device is asking, but only once. I have to try to find a setting to have it ask every time or something when I get some time.
2016-4-4
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3

madaerial Posted at 2016-4-5 11:52
I haven't yet. I would like to continue to test it and evaluate. My device is asking, but only onc ...

Are you on ios or android? I'm wondering if it makes a difference with regard to how it behaves given a choice of apps.
2016-4-4
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Today Litchi app for iOS was updated. Now it's possible to adjust the camera settings and many other resources.
2016-4-5
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
United States

BouldersDad Posted at 2016-4-4 23:07
Are you on ios or android? I'm wondering if it makes a difference with regard to how it behaves gi ...

I am currently running it on Android. (Samsung Galaxy S6, Model SM-G920R4, Android version 6.0.1)
2016-4-5
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

I am very satisfied with Litchi for iOS. And the fact that you can plan missions using Litchi Mission Hub online from home. The app is intuitive and user friendly.

This is the first waypoint flight I did some days ago.

2016-4-5
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-4 16:19
Yea that's probably because the P3S uses only GPS, instead of GPS and GLONASS. it also doesn't use l ...

Litchi is not free and this is normal. Every other similar Apps are not free.Litchi is from a private company and not own by DJI.
Those guys work hard to develop those fantastic Apps.
2016-4-5
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

GQ. Posted at 2016-4-5 12:44
Litchi is not free and this is normal. Every other similar Apps are not free.Litchi is from a priva ...

ah, i thought it was a DJI app. my bad. Sounds like a good add-on app for certain features
2016-4-5
Use props
anthonytori
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I downloaded it today and it's okay. I ended up switching back to DJI, but will try Litchi again to see if I begin to like it more. I think a useful app will be something that has predetermined actions. Something like the popular dronsie. Click that option, select a 10 second delay so you can get in front of drone and put the controller out of sight, and then the drone completes that action. Other predetermined actions can be similar to ones you would see in movies. I'm using the drone for photography and videography and haven't really seen any apps that are easy to use and offer simple ways to create movies. I know there is Auto Pilot, but it isn't compatible with the 4 yet and doesn't have Android. So, if anyone else has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.
2016-4-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the lasted update for the phantom 4 litchi has pulled way out in front of DJI go, imo.
2016-4-5
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

anthonytori Posted at 2016-4-5 16:00
I downloaded it today and it's okay. I ended up switching back to DJI, but will try Litchi again to  ...

''I think a useful app will be something that has predetermined actions.''

Anyhony if you take time to pay attention properly to Litchi it is exactly what it can accomplish and more than you know for the moment.
2016-4-5
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Japan

madaerial Posted at 2016-4-5 12:52
I haven't yet. I would like to continue to test it and evaluate. My device is asking, but only onc ...

Hi, are you a phantom pilot?

I'm interested in the VR feature which Litch provides, would like to know does Litchi VR supports 2axis camera view on Phantom series?
2016-4-5
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
United States

johnchao411@gma Posted at 2016-4-5 16:16

I'm interested in the VR feature which Litch provides, would like to ...

I have the Phantom 4. I have the Litchi app. I have cardboard. I have not tried the VR, other than launching the window - which worked. Although I was interested, I did not actually put on the headset. It is a feature I will try sometime. I don't know anything first hand about the 2 axis camera view, but seem to remember reading in a different thread that it did.
2016-4-5
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
United States

My understanding is
2016-4-5
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
United States

Oops! My understanding is, that for the Phantom, all you can control is the vertical axis (same as using the controller) but with the Inspire you have 2 axis control.
2016-4-5
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Japan

BouldersDad Posted at 2016-4-6 10:41
Oops! My understanding is, that for the Phantom, all you can control is the vertical axis (same as u ...

Got it. There's an app called 3D FPV , it features 2axis camera view for the phantoms, the aircraft will follow the horizontal movements of your head to make horizontal turns, that's how it works.however the app stability I remains unknown, so preferred Litchi ...
2016-4-5
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

GQ. Posted at 2016-4-5 16:53

Anyhony if you take tim ...

My question is; does Litchi allow you to fly your P4 in your yard inside a no fly zone?  The DJI app does not allow the P4 to power up if it sniffs that you are in a no fly zone, even if you try to fly in ATI mode, nor can you use the flight simulator.  So, does using the Litchi app pose the same limitations as the DJI Go app?
2016-4-5
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

johnchao411@gma Posted at 2016-4-5 17:16

I'm interested in the VR feature which Litch provides, would like to ...

Ask Litchi by e-mail.
2016-4-6
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

BouldersDad Posted at 2016-4-5 21:41
Oops! My understanding is, that for the Phantom, all you can control is the vertical axis (same as u ...

My understand is, The Phantom will Yaw for the horizontal axis.
2016-4-6
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

M Stuart K Posted at 2016-4-5 22:18
My question is; does Litchi allow you to fly your P4 in your yard inside a no fly zone?  The DJI a ...

Communicate with Litchi by e-mail. They will answer you for sure.
2016-4-6
Use props
anthonytori
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

GQ. Posted at 2016-4-5 15:53

Anyhony if you take tim ...

I did say I just got it today and will be using it more, but my first impression wasn't that great. Hopefully that changes. I read a lot of the documentations provided online, but there aren't any one click options or am I missing something? To do a dronsie I see you have to set waypoints and go through a process. I forget which drone is coming out that has a list of predetermined actions without having to set waypoints and go through that process. If I'm missing something I'm all ears though.
2016-4-6
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2016-4-5 21:18
My question is; does Litchi allow you to fly your P4 in your yard inside a no fly zone?  The DJI a ...

I believe the NFZ's and the height limit are not affected by which controller you use. I have read that they are part of the firmware for the craft. Height limit I can say for sure that is true.
2016-4-6
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

anthonytori Posted at 2016-4-6 10:28
I did say I just got it today and will be using it more, but my first impression wasn't that great ...

Again, the company service is very very good and they answer your question very quick. So do not hesitate to do so.
There is many videos available to explain and respond to your questions. For me it is much much better than any similar App on the market including DJI Go.
I am a professional aerial photographer and video for 30 years here in Canada.
This app need a minimum to be study and understand before usage.
Otherwise it is a question of taste and specific needs for each others.
Regards
GQ
2016-4-6
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
United States

GQ. Posted at 2016-4-6 09:42
My understand is, The Phantom will Yaw for the horizontal axis.

That would be great if it does.
I will find out soon enough. I went ahead and downloaded the Litchi app, but have not had a chance to play with it yet.
My brother-in-law loaned me what I thought were a set of Google Cardboard viewers. However, upon further examination, I realized that they are just 3d viewers. There is no way to "click" on anything to select it.
2016-4-7
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

I know this is a dump question. Can the Litchi app be used for just normal flight mode (using the controller), not autonomous mode. I have a P3S and want to use FPV goggles and know the Go app doesn't have that feature and Litchi does. But want to just fly manual, as well with waypoints using VR goggles.
2016-6-28
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
United States

wmcvey Posted at 2016-6-28 15:50
I know this is a dump question. Can the Litchi app be used for just normal flight mode (using the co ...

Absolutely!
2016-6-28
Use props
a455755558
lvl.1

Australia

madaerial Posted at 2016-4-5 06:41
I finally bought Litchi  yesterday. I bought it because I though it would allow me to do smooth, SLO ...

You dont have to reinstall it etc all the time , you just have to change the permissions in the application manager so that one app over the other opens each time it is plugged in. One of them has to be the default app when you plug in, so just make the other the default app
2016-6-28
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I only use the Litchi for Waypoint missions, since they can be pre-programmed on my pc, without having to try them out and create them as you fly.

You should also use the google altitude app though to evaluate the mission altitudes before you fly; you do not want to set the wrong altitude.  Remember, the altitudes set are all referenced to the Home Point Altitude.

I think many of the limitations mentioned above, like max altitude,  are not the app's limitation, but those are set by the craft.

I usually start initially with compass calibration, camera settings, check GPS and do an initial quick manual flight using the DJI Go app. to make sure everything is fine before a long waypoint mission.  I can do that using the Litchi app, but I tend to use the DJI Go.  I then shut the app off on my iphone, (2 quick taps, and move it off the screen) and start Litchi.  I do not have to turn off my iphone.  I have flown about 3.5 miles out so far without losing RC connection, but I know even if I do lose signal, the mission will continue on. I was told by Litchi (I have not tried this, nor I have confirmed this)  that if the P4 distance exceeds the current battery life, then the firmware will automatically start RTH. They do not control this feature.  So be careful with RTH altitude setting, before each Litchi mission.

ALso, make sure you use the app at home if you fly areas where there is no internet connection, like I found out the hard way. I planned a mission on my pc, then I went out to find out I had no map service.  GPS still worked, but I prefer to see the map and follow the  mission on the map. I had to cache the map at home using an active connection, then Litchi remembers, even if there is no internet connection in the area you are flying.
2016-6-28
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

M Stuart K Posted at 2016-4-6 04:18

No. The fly no zone is in the aircraft firmware as well not only in the DJI Go app. beside that, the fly no zone is there with a reason
2016-6-28
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

I only use Litchi for the panorama feature.
2016-6-28
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
United States

Did my first VR flight today with Litchi.
It was awsome!
And, in "Immersion Mode", the P4 does indeed yaw when you turn your head.
Great experience!
2016-7-2
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

I never tried litchi do the $25 price but I did try drone VR it appears to work okay but I didn't go very far with it and it's only $10 if you only want the VR function ingrown VR you can select the video quality to smooth out the video if you care more about distance than quality
2016-7-14
Use props
charlie phantom
New

United States

madaerial Posted at 2016-4-4 13:41
I finally bought Litchi  yesterday. I bought it because I though it would allow me to do smooth, SLOW, preprogrammed pans (for video). I also wanted to check out if it bypassed the 500 meter ceiling (there was a report that a beta version of the Litchi app allowed this). It DOES NOT. Not that I have even flown above 500 feet - much less meters. I was just sort of interested. Apparently the pan feature is for still pictures and creating a 360 degree panorama, so it won't work for what I wanted it for. Really, that was the feature that made it worth $20 to me. I haven't used it much though and I may like it once I know how to use it. I will say for anyone interested in it - after installing Litchi, the DJI Go app would not start for me (this required me flying a mission with it, when I would have preferred not to). After uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Go app, it works again - I have not tried Litchi since. So far I have been pretty disappointed with the purchase, honestly. I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall every time I want to switch between the two apps. Also, I started a thread the other day about whether flying with Litchi has any warranty considerations and no one has shed any light on that situation.

No need to install and uninstall. Just force stop the app you are not using. Force stop Litchi to use DJI Go. Force stop DJI Go to use Litchi. Either one will start again when you use it.
2016-12-6
Use props
samuraiz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

Ever since DJI removed the Google maps from GO I have been using Litchi for 99% of my Flying.    I fly in Florida where new Construction is a daily occurrence.  Sadly the GO here maps are out of date by several years.    I do use the Go app for IMU, Gimbal calibration and Software update.  For everything else there is litchi.
2016-12-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules