P4 / NFZ / Stadium
898 5 2016-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heathman
lvl.1

Hi everyone,

I picked up my first-ever drone, a P4, this weekend and found out the hard way that I live in a NFZ in downtown San Diego. Bah! I attempted to create an Advance Unlock under the DJI GEO system, however, Petco Park isn't listed. I can't seem to find any info online on unlocking the NFZ for stadiums, on the P4 at least, and was wondering if someone could please provide some much-needed guidance.

Thank you for your time! I really appreciate it!

SDNFZ

SDNFZ
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

The map you are looking at is the regular FlySafe map. If you instal the GEO Beta app you are free to fly at Petco park. This is the GEO Beta main page and the Advance Unlocking takes you to the GEO map.
The P4 will be available soon for GEO.
Currently it's only for Android (IOS soon) and you install the 1.7 GEO Beta firmware from this page and also the 2.4.4 GEO Beta app for Android.
I wrote this up and it should help you.

Instructions for GEO Beta app download onto  Android   device (currently only available for Android)

Uninstall the GO app from device: Go to settings, Applications, Application manager, find GO app and uninstall.
Installing 2.2.4 GEO Beta app: Go to DJI Geo webpage http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
Click on Android Beta Version APK, Agree to terms and it will then download
Go to  My Files, in Recent files click on the DJI app icon and it may say “Install Blocked” click on settings (if you get a different error then go to settings and scroll down to “Lock Screen and Security” Under Unknown sources slide the button to ON. Then go back to the DJI icon in My Files and then tap the icon and click agree and then the new 2.4.4 GEO Beta version app will open.

You also have to install the 1.7 firmware for your aircraft from the same DJI link. (only available for the P3 Pro/Advanced and Inspire.
When you get to the flying site, if it’s an Authorization Zone you can unlock providing a credit card or mobile phone number (using cell will send you a text message with a code)
You can also unlock from home ahead of time by using the map page and you can unlock up to 30 zones and they will be unlocked for 72 hours.  http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 8.45.18 PM.png
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

And congratulations on your P4. The home page of the Go app top right corner (graduation hat) had the full PDF manual, tutorial videos, flight simulator, and other informative stuff.Spend a few hours in there reviewing everything and you'll be happy you did. The P4 is an extremely complex aircraft and it will take reading the manual a few times to fully understand all it's features and limitations.
2016-4-4
Use props
Heathman
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-4 20:50
And congratulations on your P4. The home page of the Go app top right corner (graduation hat) had th ...

Thank you, so much, for the great replies! I had a feeling the P4 was new and wasn't available for GEO quite yet. :-)

I will certainly check out the manuals, videos, and will continue to educate myself as much as possible. You are absolutely correct though, the P4 is a complex aircraft! It is also an AMAZING (and FUN) device!! Thanks again for the advice!
2016-4-5
Use props
Turbo Guam
lvl.1

Guam

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-5 13:50
The map you are looking at is the regular FlySafe map. If you instal the GEO Beta app you are free t ...

Cant find the download in the link you provided. Wow man, sorry but this is so frustrating. DJI does not have a support call center, no help here at all man.

I love the P4, and I was so bummed out when I saw someone flying their P2 at the concert but I couldn't fly mine because of the No fly zone.

It really takes away that feeling of freedom.

2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Turbo Guam Posted at 2016-6-2 10:10
Cant find the download in the link you provided. Wow man, sorry but this is so frustrating. DJI do ...

I am sorry, the GEO is going through a transition and your P4 should be able to use it very soon.
I've sent an email to get more details.
2016-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules