Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recording video on OSMO and Phone at the same time?
2641 6 2016-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
billgigs
New

United Kingdom

Hi all OSMO users, New forum member and I am after a little info before purchase, well waiting for delivery ; - )

I have seen many pictures of the OSMO and the phone linked together in use. My question comes from the fact I have seen some pictures of the phones screen with large red record button. Is it possible to record video on the OSMO's own sd card and on the phone at the same time? in simultaneous mode? I ask as I would like the security of a backup - its not a deal breaker but is more a belt and braces for video shot that is one time only.

Thanks

2016-4-6
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.4
Argentina

the osmo does record a preview file on the phones memory, the max resolution is 720p for the preview or backup as you call it, the original file stays in osmo SD, also the preview video wont have audio. the max resolution is limited due to the capabilities of the livestream inside the osmo, also if you have a crappy phone with poor specs, the live feed will be very laggy and useless, i use a Motorola Razr HD, i had to switch to an iphone 6 or moto G and higher to be able to frame my shot and have everything working as it should. hope that helps
2016-4-6
Use props
pi-inthesky
First Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Yes it will record to both
2016-4-6
Use props
Davidaw
lvl.1

Russia

Can you control/decide which?

I mean, can you choose ONLY to record on the phone or ONLY on the sd card?  Or does it, by default always record both?  
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Welcome to OSMO forum, hope you'll enjoy our discussion and get more help.
The images could be saved in your Phone's Cache while shooting with the Osmo if you turn on the function of Video Cache in the DJI GO App, it's in Gear setting->General->Cache...
2016-4-6
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.4
Argentina

Davidaw Posted at 2016-4-6 18:51
Can you control/decide which?

I mean, can you choose ONLY to record on the phone or ONLY on the sd  ...

It will always records on sd inside osmo, the backup recording on phone can be activated if you want
2016-4-6
Use props
Davidaw
lvl.1

United Kingdom

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-4-7 05:59
It will always records on sd inside osmo, the backup recording on phone can be activated if you wa ...

Great, thanks!
2016-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules