Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Comprehensive Firmware Updates
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

Do all aircraft firmware updates also include the latest, most recent battery update, even if that battery update is unchanged from a previously issued aircraft firmware update that also incorporated that battery update?  Ex.:  Does the recent P3P 1.7.0060 firmware update also include & incorporate the [same] battery update component that came with the previous 1.6... firmware update that was issued 12/22/2015?  Thanks much.  Russ
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, I think the firmware release note will help you  :http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _Note_en_160317.pdf
2016-4-6
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-7 00:20
Hello, I think the firmware release note will help you  :http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en ...

Thank you, Paladin; that looks like it may be the same reference that I quoted (Comment #3) in this earlier thread:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47972-1-1.html

However, within that same thread, Bhujang brought up an interesting point... and that left the matter still with a degree of ambiguity- which led to my question in this present thread.  The Release Notes that I referenced a few days ago and that you referenced just now, do not unequivocally address the question one way or the other.  They merely indicate the newest changes for each update release.  They do not state for certain that a newest release does or does not also include a repeat of a previous battery update release even if that previous battery update did not change.  Therefore, Bhujang's point, wherein he infers that the newest 1.7... update, which the Release Notes indicate did not specifically address battery characteristics, must contain a repeat of the battery update contained in the previous 1.6... update, makes sense.  This leads some to interpret it either way.  Therefore, without regard to Release Notes references that have been previously quoted by myself, by others and by you just now, and which still leave the question unclear for many (including myself and Bhujang), very simply:

Does each aircraft firmware update (eg: update 1.7...) *always* also include the latest, most recent battery update too, or not?  A quick "yay or nay" would answer the question definitively once and for all,  and would also be tremendously helpful in ending the confusion that concerns some of us.  Thanks again-  Russ
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

CaptRuss Posted at 2016-4-7 12:50
Thank you, Paladin; that looks like it may be the same reference that I quoted (Comment #3) in thi ...

You can try to use the 1.7 firmware to update the battery at first. Then check the log and result file. If it could not update the battery, you may need the 1.6.4 version firmware to do it again.
2016-4-7
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-7 05:39
You can try to use the 1.7 firmware to update the battery at first. Then check the log and result  ...

Thanks very much, Paladin... greatly appreciated ;) .  Would inserting the old, previous 1.6 firmware back into the P3P downgrade the newly updated version from 1.7 (or 1.8) back down to 1.6; and would this therefore necessitate re-updating the P3P back up to the new 1.7 (1.8) firmware again?  Silly question, I know; but your patience in fielding these update questions is *sincerely* appreciated.

Thanks again,  Russ
2016-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules