Home Button Not Working
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott3
lvl.2
United States

I just flew my P3P for the first time yesterday and I noticed that the home button work in the app, but it doesnt work on the remote.  Am I doing something wrong?  
2016-4-6
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235738 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

You Have to press and hold the RTH button on the RC unit
2016-4-6
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

you need to push and hold the home button on the remote for i believe 3 seconds to start it.    also while holding the button dont hit the sticks at all.   there is a new CSC procedure involving the left stick and home button that will cause your drone to drop like a rock.   

push and hold the home button and RTH "Should" activate and return your drone to the home point.     

Side note make sure you have your return to home altitude set high enough to clear any hazards such as trees and things.    and don't execute RTH while under a tree or structure because it will fly up to programmed RTH altitude before flying back to home and collide with anything above it.   
2016-4-6
Use props
scott3
lvl.2
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-6 09:03
you need to push and hold the home button on the remote for i believe 3 seconds to start it.    also ...

Great info.  I always fly to the point before I hit the RTH button.  And holding it down worked.  Thanks so much!!
2016-4-6
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-6
Use props
scott3
lvl.2
United States

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-4-6 09:48
RTH has worked amazingly well for me but IMHO best on routine flights to control your own aircraft a ...

How, may I ask, do you land it manually?  I mean, I can obviously get it down to the ground, but how do you shut it down once its on the ground?
2016-4-6
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-6
Use props
scott3
lvl.2
United States

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-4-6 10:19
after you have gently landed just hold the left stick to the bottom and the motors will shut off

Awesome.  Thank you.  Ill give it a shot.  It just knows that its not going down anymore and shuts down?
2016-4-6
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-4-6 13:19
after you have gently landed just hold the left stick to the bottom and the motors will shut off

Exactly.  Holding left stick down for 3 seconds will will the motors if the drone is not moving.   

Following up; holding down will not shut down durting flight because the drone is in motion.   Gyro and gps make the drone aware it's still in motion and not to shut down.   

If you prefer to catch the drone as I do while on the beach because of sand issues.   You must hold the drone as still as possible and flat while holding down on the left stick.  If you try moving the drone after you grab it, the drone will sense this as wind blowing it and attempt to correct itself causing it to fight you.   Also if you do not hold still while holding down the stick to kill the motors (meaning grabbing and walking) while trying to shut them down the drone will just fight you and not shut down.   

You can test what I'm saying but it can be dangerous if your not careful.     If drone is stationary in your hand or on the ground holding left stick down will shut motors off.  

THEY WILL NOT SHUT OFF DESENDING RAPIDLY. NO MATTER HOW LONG YOU HOLD.   don't take this as hold down fully and smash into the ground.      Also don't get confused with CSC
2016-4-6
Use props
scott3
lvl.2
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-6 10:30
Exactly.  Holding left stick down for 3 seconds will will the motors if the drone is not moving.   ...

Great!  Thank you for the info.  Ill give it a shot.
2016-4-6
Use props
scott3
lvl.2
United States

scott3 Posted at 2016-4-6 10:32
Great!  Thank you for the info.  Ill give it a shot.

Just tried it and it worked perfectly!  Thanks again!
2016-4-6
Use props
gosports1
lvl.2

United States

I think this happened on a flight. My Battery gave a warning signal, I did not know which direction my Quad copter was flying, It was in visually range of about 150 meters.I was still in control of the Quad but it was still flying away from me, ( I am in  Pantic  Mode ) I then got the last Critical  battery warning.I landed the Quad out of my view over a small hill from the ball field.. I believe  I started the R T H feature after the landing, ( Question ) After landing and the  R T H it came back up in the Altitude Range and came back to me within 2 feet of my calibration starting point. Is this possible or did  The R T H signal activate before it landed. Thanks, It only had 2-3 small grass marks on the body and no damage.
2016-4-6
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

gosports1 Posted at 2016-4-6 14:14
I think this happened on a flight. My Battery gave a warning signal, I did not know which direction  ...

sounds like it wasn't completely landed and motors powered down,   it shouldn't take back off and return home after its landed no matter what the battery information is.   

also on your map you will see a little green line.  green line is directly from the drone to you/home. if you "get lost" flying only with the video feed which is very easy(even flying in  Line Of Sight) it can be hard to tell what direction the drone is facing.     if you point the drone to fly along the green line it will come back to you

also a feature that i believe is called "course lock" that you can engage that allows you to fly in some what of a "dummy" mode where the right stick forward and backward doesn't exactly move the drone forward and backward. but instead closer and further away from you.   this can be used and engaged to be able to just pull back on the stick and no matter what direction the drone is facing it will come back to you  
2016-4-6
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-7 02:03
you need to push and hold the home button on the remote for i believe 3 seconds to start it.    also ...

"while holding the button dont hit the sticks at all.   there is a new CSC procedure involving the left stick and home button"

Not for the P3.
That new method is just for the P4
2016-4-6
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

gosports1 Posted at 2016-4-7 04:14
I think this happened on a flight. My Battery gave a warning signal, I did not know which direction  ...

1.  Don't try to fly down to very low battery levels.
Aim to be back home at around 30% to have a safety margin.
The last 10% in your battery can't be relied on - it's not the same as the 1st 10%.

2.  It sounds like your Phantom was first dealing with a critical low battery situation and second trying to RTH when it lost signal as it went behind the hill.
2016-4-6
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

After you gently set the gear down, immediately upon touching down, pull down on the left stick and hold it until it shuts down.  If you land and let it idle, it will likely rise up again, creating more panic!
2016-4-6
Use props
john.davis.core
lvl.1
United States

Guys, this using only the left joystick pulling down and holding to shut down the motors is this something that has recently changed?  I learned when I first purchased mine I had to pull down both left and right then slide them toward the center of the RC to shut down or start the motors.
2016-4-6
Use props
john.davis.core
lvl.1
United States

Also, I have not had my P3 out in a couple of months, I took it out this evening in preparation for filming a Cattle Drive tomorrow morning and noticed my Set Home point icon usually located on the left side of my display is no longer there.  I found it but I had to go into the setting to find it.  Why is it not present on my display anymore with the RTH and Auto Take off icons?
2016-4-6
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

john.davis.core Posted at 2016-4-6 20:23
Guys, this using only the left joystick pulling down and holding to shut down the motors is this som ...

That's engaging the CSC.  When the drone stops motion with gyros and onboard sensors if you hold left stick down for 3 seconds motors will stop as well.  
2016-4-6
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-4-6 17:27
"while holding the button dont hit the sticks at all.   there is a new CSC procedure involving the ...

I was reading the new p4 CSC is also retroactive for newest updates for p3 as well.  Have not tested it.  But from what I read it was added to p3
2016-4-6
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 633901 ft
Canada

john.davis.core Posted at 2016-4-6 18:26
Also, I have not had my P3 out in a couple of months, I took it out this evening in preparation for  ...

It sounds like your GoApp was updated automatically to the new version.  The new version of the app puts the Set Home Point  option in the menu and not as an icon on the left side of the screen as in the earlier version.
I don't like this change either.
2016-4-6
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-7 11:44
I was reading the new p4 CSC is also retroactive for newest updates for p3 as well.  Have not test ...

You can't believe everything you read.
An awful lot of the stuff that you'll see here on this forum is quite wrong.

There's no mention of a new method in the brand new P3 manual.
Here are a couple of possibly authoritative sources saying that there is no new CSC for the P3:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 61539&fromuid=10818

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 62077&fromuid=10818

2016-4-7
Use props
fans5d0461da
lvl.1

Australia

Hi I hope this gets through to someone who might know my problem  A few things. RTH does not work yet I have everything you should have switched on for it. I press for three seconds but it stays outcthere. I mean waybout there .. I am not within the range of it being to close. Also it only does the 30 meter height .. no higher. Almost like beginners mode but it is not. As I have that switched off. And lastly in GPS mode it keeps switching to Atti mode on its own. As soon as I reach that height of 30 meters. It’s driving me crazy but gives me good practice in flying I Atti mode but I don’t want to fly to far away in fear of it not coming home. Plus the height is very unsafe. I actually hit some lights in a Footy field because it was so low it did a crazy spin to the ground but I pushed up on left lever and it pulled out of spin. It is a Phantom 3 pro. You can email at RockinRick @shaw.ca thank you
2019-1-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans5d0461da Posted at 1-5 17:07
Hi I hope this gets through to someone who might know my problem  A few things. RTH does not work yet I have everything you should have switched on for it. I press for three seconds but it stays outcthere. I mean waybout there .. I am not within the range of it being to close. Also it only does the 30 meter height .. no higher. Almost like beginners mode but it is not. As I have that switched off. And lastly in GPS mode it keeps switching to Atti mode on its own. As soon as I reach that height of 30 meters. It’s driving me crazy but gives me good practice in flying I Atti mode but I don’t want to fly to far away in fear of it not coming home. Plus the height is very unsafe. I actually hit some lights in a Footy field because it was so low it did a crazy spin to the ground but I pushed up on left lever and it pulled out of spin. It is a Phantom 3 pro. You can email at RockinRick @shaw.ca thank you

With regard to the 30 Metre bit, you probably need to login to the DJI site to get rid of the restriction. As to RTH not working, you also say it is in ATTI mode. If that is the case, it will not RTH while in ATTI mode. If it is switching to aTTI mode by itself, pay attention to the screen, it is most likely warning you of a compass error. And that error is most likely caused by you switching the aircraft on and lifting off from a concrete surface. If that is the case, you need to move away and place trhe aircraft on grass when you switch it on.
2019-1-5
Use props
fansb004b644
lvl.2

Colombia

Please if some one can help me , I press the return to home  button And the drone go up to the set high and stay steal , dose not move at all . Thank you for your heap
2022-5-30
Use props
fansb004b644
lvl.2

Colombia

Please if some one can help me , I press the return to home  button And the drone go up to the set high and stay steal , dose not move at all . Thank you for your heap
2022-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules