OSMO Announcement
1087 5 2016-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fyrianfilms
New
United Kingdom

Hello all,
Anyone heard anything after Philip Bloom's post about the new attachement to make the osmo smoother?

Also:

Let me know what you think of a little video I made on the Osmo:

Speak soon

2016-4-6
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

As you probably know,Phillip Bloom's on Instagram if u want to see his testing on x5 and osmo gadgets,
Nice video too! good editing, freshly  squeezed Guarapera mmmm.....
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Really nice!
Thanks for your post and the video!
2016-4-6
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

"...Anyone heard anything after Philip Bloom's post about the new attachement to make the osmo smoother?..."

Only what you see in his video examples.

It really is/will be a 'must-have" item to do any serious work with the Osmo, to get rid of that up-down motion whenever you walk with the Osmo on anything other than a smooth surface.

I took mine for a walk for 2 hours at the weekend to give it a good test (first 'real-life' use, rather than just testing in the home and the back-yard).

All the walking was over rough, undulating ground, and no matter how much I tried to "walk like a ninja", anything involving walking meant that the footage was quite useless due to the up-down motion.

Static shots were fine, though. (But I could use my camcorder for those )

So -- I look forward to any attachment that will give some dampening in the vertical.
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-4-7 15:57
"...Anyone heard anything after Philip Bloom's post about the new attachement to make the osmo smoot ...

I'm afraid you just need a little more practice, keep your steps smooth and light...Please just watch the tutorial video again and practice more:

You may need to re-calibrate the gimbal or reset the camera if it's necessary. Or you may need to lock the camera by pressing the Trigger button to get a better shooting view in some occasion.
2016-4-7
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-8 05:05
I'm afraid you just need a little more practice, keep your steps smooth and light...Please just wa ...

Well, Adela, you'll notice that I said "All the walking was over rough, undulating ground ".

I'll believe it's possible when I see "Ty" showing some results from uneven terrain. "Walking like a ninja" only works on relatively flat, and firm ground like a pavement, or well-mowed lawn.

The Osmo needs to be stabilized in the vertical -- and that probably means an accessory that can hold the Osmo handle and provide that dampening effect.
2016-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules