DJI Assistant App Advanced Gain Settings for A2 Flight Controller
6191 10 2014-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lennyschway
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1708412 ft
United States

I'm using the A2 Flight Controller. When I use the DJI Assistant App and go into the Basic/Gain tab, Underneath the Basic and Attitude Gain settings areas is a tab called "Advanced" in that tab there are 3 settings that I cannot find any information on what they do.
The 3 settings options are.
1. l
2. V.Damping
3. Disturbed Gain

All have something to do with Pitch& Roll and Vertical.

What are these 3 settings and what do they do?

2014-9-27
Use props
lennyschway
lvl.3
United States

Does anybody have the answer?
2014-10-25
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

note: Advanced Parameters only affect GPS Mode

I: The 'I' setting is meant to be used for forward flight when there are head winds and tail winds, increasing the parameters for strong head winds and decreasing them for strong tail wind. Personally I do not recommend flying  multirotors in strong winds of any kind, so for me this setting is redundant.

V-Damping: Velocity damping concerns how quickly or slowly the brakes are applied when you stop descending or ascending. You increase the value if you want your multirotor to stop more quickly or sharply.

Disturbed Gain: This supposedly increases the aggressiveness of Position Hold when increased.

NB: Again, I never touch any of these advanced settings, and even the basic settings will be good for most at the default setting. If all else fails and you feel you've got lost with your own settings, reset everything to default and start again. To be honest, for most people you will not notice much difference between default settings and your own tweaks, unless you tweak your multirotor out of control.
2014-10-25
Use props
lennyschway
lvl.3
United States

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-26 07:33
note: Advanced Parameters only affect GPS Mode

I: The 'I' setting is meant to be used for forward f ...

Thanks for the great explanation!

I have been trying to correct an altitude issue I am having where while flying in GPS mode and I release the sticks, the craft while try to stop and hover but it loses altitude while trying to do it. Only after it has come to a near stop does it try to slowly regain it's lost altitude.

My X8 weighs close to 12lbs so I am sure that is a factor. My CG is perfect.
2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

your issue is don to momentum during flight and is likely down to weight versus inertia, so you will have to compensate slightly with some elevator.
2014-10-26
Use props
lennyschway
lvl.3
United States

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-27 02:36
your issue is don to momentum during flight and is likely down to weight versus inertia, so you will ...

That's what I have had to do..
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it!
2014-10-26
Use props
chippyboy
New

Australia

Are these settings anything similar to Pid controls?
2014-11-21
Use props
chippyboy
New

Australia

You can mess with your altitude gains but Imho dji flight algorithm is the problem and probably hardware too. You aren't able to properly, fully tweak all control Pids because it's nor opensource
2014-11-21
Use props
heinz.fischer.w
lvl.1

Hello
I use the iPhone assistant app 1.1.21 and it always crashes. Is it working on iPad only?
2015-1-29
Use props
mardoudan.gmail
lvl.1

Costa Rica

lennyschway@gma Posted at 2014-10-27 03:58
That's what I have had to do..
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it!

Hi lenny - I have the same issue with my A2 holding a vertical position. How did you correct this?

Many thanks.
2015-2-2
Use props
lennyschway
lvl.3
United States

I ended up selling my A2 (Sold it with a Copter)  so I am no longer going to be following this thread.
2015-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules