Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Firmware Release Note (Apr 7th,2016)
12345678Next >
71187 282 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

P3P_VR_8.png

For Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced:

Overview:
1.      All-in-One firmware version updated to:v1.8.80

2.      DJI GO app Android version updated to: v2.7.2

What’s New  

1.      Improved aircraft stability through optimized flight controller logic.

2.      Optimized gimbal parameters.

3.      Fixed clip preview error in 2.7K resolution mode.

4.      Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission.

Notes:

l  The firmware can be downgraded to v1.7.0060.

l  Both the aircraft and the remote controller must be upgraded or else they will not link.

Firmware Upgrade Tutorial (Aircraft):

Firmware Upgrade Tutorial (Remote Controller):

For Phantom 3 Standard :

Overview:

1. All-in-One firmware Version: v1.5.70

2. DJI GO app iOS Version: v2.7.1 3. DJI GO app Android Version: v2.7.2

What’s New :

1. Improved aircraft stability through optimized flight controller logic.

2. Optimized gimbal parameters.

Notes:

DO NOT turn off the remote controller or exit DJI GO app during the update process.

Firmware Upgrade Tutorial:

2016-4-7
Use props
pmb.sergeymalko
New

Russia

Upgrading is a mistake. Me and my friends have updated their Phantom 3 Pro and Adv, and faced with the problem, i can control camera, and gimball works left-right when i use sticks, but i cant start the motors, the application reports the error "RC Signal Lost"
P.S. Downgrading isn't cleared up the error...

2016-4-7
Use props
rriber
New

Denmark

I have the same problem with my p3 adv
2016-4-7
Use props
roblor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319314 ft
Australia

rriber Posted at 2016-4-7 20:09

did you fix it same with me dam
2016-4-7
Use props
ops
lvl.1

Spain

rriber Posted at 2016-4-7 18:09

My P3 Pro has been able to upgrade, but the RC hasn't upgraded.
Now I am in the same situation as pmb.sergeymalko
Camera works, gimbal moves when moving sticks right-left but motors don't start and it shows "RC Signal lost"
I've tried to upgrade the RC with a pendrive and connecting it to the Phantom Gimbal with no luck

2016-4-7
Use props
xhip
lvl.1

Portugal

Same... My P3 Pro has been able to upgrade, but the RC hasn't upgraded.
I tried:
- sd card on RC
- RC connected tru usb to phantom
- checking DJI GO for updates
... no luck! :/
2016-4-7
Use props
rriber
New

Denmark

I AM in same situation as All of  you, i have green light on my rc but still it show no signal and reconnet dont work
2016-4-7
Use props
konidair
lvl.1
Flight distance : 613241 ft
Australia

same here.We might have to wait for a new ios app update
2016-4-7
Use props
kelpo
New

Russia

i think this error with decryption process...
2016-4-7
Use props
ops
lvl.1

Spain

Try to upgrade to DJI Go 2.7.2 just launched
2016-4-7
Use props
kelpo
New

Russia

Gyus) Good news) Reinstall your Go App, next connect to your aircraft and update RC)
2016-4-7
Use props
hannevika
lvl.1

Norway

works ......
2016-4-7
Use props
gtfahrer
lvl.1

Germany

same for me.
after the update i´m not able to use my Phantom anymore.
please dji, fix this error !
ok i will test the reinstall, hope this will work...
2016-4-7
Use props
kelpo
New

Russia

gtfahrer@gmail. Posted at 2016-4-7 18:40
same for me.
after the update i´m not able to use my Phantom anymore.
please dji, fix this error  ...

Reinstall your Go App, next connect to your aircraft and update RC)
2016-4-7
Use props
ops
lvl.1

Spain

Just ugrade DJI Go to  version 2.7.2 and the RC update request will appear
2016-4-7
Use props
konidair
lvl.1
Flight distance : 613241 ft
Australia

ops Posted at 2016-4-7 20:42
Just ugrade DJI Go to  version 2.7.2 and the RC update request will appear

2.7.2 is availble only on android. No 2.7.2 yet for iOs
2016-4-7
Use props
gtfahrer
lvl.1

Germany

it seems to work now, thx
2016-4-7
Use props
roblor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319314 ft
Australia

Thank God Got it working again updater for the RC is out now 1.6.0
2016-4-7
Use props
ops
lvl.1

Spain

After upgrading DJI Go to version 2.7.2, the RC upgrade request came, and I've been to upgrade RC and all is fine now. Will fly it today and see.
I think we've been faster in trying to do the upgrades than DJI uploading the needed firmware and software files to their servers
2016-4-7
Use props
lifememory
New
Flight distance : 265492 ft
Ukraine

Today I had the same problem, I reinstalled DJI GO (Android) and updated firmware through the remote program
2016-4-7
Use props
f4leczka
lvl.1
Poland

I cant see DJI App Update on Appstore :/
2016-4-7
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.3

United States

Try to do IMU calibration. I had the same issue on Phantom 2 - no motor start until IMU was recalibrated.
2016-4-7
Use props
Pierrot78
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36716 ft
  • >>>

Nope! DjiGo whatever the version doesn't ask for a rc update
2016-4-7
Use props
Pierrot78
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36716 ft
  • >>>

Naza-PA Posted at 2016-4-7 19:51
Try to do IMU calibration. I had the same issue on Phantom 2 - no motor start until IMU was recalibr ...

Done already, as for a rc/ac pairing attempt: no joy.
2016-4-7
Use props
rreindl
First Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Is there going to be an update to the IOS version of the Go App?
2016-4-7
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.3

United States

What is the best practice when updating the GoApp via app's download & update function?  Is it best to first uninstall the existing 2.7.1 app, or can the new 2.7.2 app simply be installed "over / on top of" 2.7.1?  When updating the GoApp, does anything need to be synced or backed up first?  I only just received my P3P last week, so I have not flown it yet because I am finishing acquainting myself with it and performing all the necessary firmware updates.  Thus, I am not sure if there really is anything to backup lol... not sure if that is relevant but, hey, maybe it is ;) .

Paladin, you indicate above that the 1.8.80 update is an "all-in-one" firmware update.  Does that mean that it also contains existing battery updates, and therefore also updates any batteries that may have been purchased in the last day or so (which may contain the old v1.4 firmware)?

Thanks much-  Russ
2016-4-7
Use props
alirz1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

what is this optimized gimbal optmization? Tiltel horizon fix by any chance?

Also what new limitations and hidden things does this FW introduce
2016-4-7
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

pmb.sergeymalko Posted at 2016-4-7 04:09
Upgrading is a mistake. Me and my friends have updated their Phantom 3 Pro and Adv, and faced with t ...

You must update both the Aircraft and the RC for everything to work on this particular update .  Also Capt Russ.  If you just bought a battery You can update it with the new FW. I would just do my update with the new battery pack installed  and then it will be updated .  Then after success upload, you can place any additional battery packs and begin the process again, it will only take a couple of minutes this time.  As far as deleting the Go App, keep in mind the update is for android devices only this time. (Be sure to Uninstall the old one completly first  ) also you can symc if you wish , go to the GO App  and select "Me"  then go to "Flight Records"  and sync.  You wont have much but sync if you want   Be sure to save any flights you may want to keep .  Also most of the settings are stored in the  aircraft but still look them over and after the update be sure nothing changed.  Be sure to check the RTH  "Return To Home" settings and the RTH height as well.  I am going to add my tips page for those who may need the help.

TIPS  For Phantom Advanced and Pro  Uploading firmware:
Updates will look like this when complete: MUST UPDATE RC AND AIRCRAFT FOR 4-7 2016  UPDATE 1.8
App  version 2.71  ( Android 2.72)  
Aircraft    version 1.8.80 or the old FW with a +
RC    version 1.6.0
If you have a + sign after the old firmware it means it has loaded but must get confimed with DJI servers.  Make sure you have WI- FI  internet connection ( Like during FW download) **This is still Not entirely figured out .  Just know you can fly like this and you are updated.  When I get more information I will post.  I am talking with Tech assistance NOW April 7th to get answers.

-  After 1.3 the update FOR the Transmitter is NOT through the SD Card it is through The DJI go app and WI-FI connection. MUST HAVE WI- FI CONNECTION WITH INTERNET ACCESS.   

-Always update the aircraft first.  This is Mandoatory in some cases during updates. For example on the Inspire 1 update 1.8 it must be done in this order to prevent problems with the landing gear.  ALSO NEVER DO THE UPDATES AT SAME TIME, DO AIRCRAFT, STOP, TURN OFF AIRCRAFT AND DO THE RC.  

-When updating theTransmitter , use a dedicated reliable WI-FI system.  Avoid using Cellular systems if possible (Phone calls , etc)  You want to make sure to close all apps besides the GO App as well.  Do NOT interupt the upload. Make sure the cable from the Transmitter to the Go App is Pristine and Perfect.

-Make sure you download the proper firmware.  If you have the Pro make sure not downloading for the Advanced or Standard. Double check!

-Make sure you only download the Bin File to the FRESH FORMATTED SD CARD Root Directory. Root directory is just a fancy name for " Make sure it is not in a file or folder  " Make sure the BIN file is the only thing on the SD card.  

-Make sure transmitter is NOT on when downloading Firmware to aircraft (VERY IMPORTANT) and Aircraft is not on when uploading the Transmitter !

-When installing SD with firmware to the  Aircraft, make sure it is off. Then turn on aircraft, the firmware will then begin load.  1- Load sd card with firmware to aircraft 2- turn on aircraft

-You can jump FROM 1.3 TO 1.6   or ** (1.8 )  BUT if you have any difficulty you must stair step from current firmware to get to the latest firmware.   If at 1.2 must install 1.3 then you jump or stairstep to 1.7 .** I am getting conflicting reports and your best bet is to stop at 1.6 and do battery upgrades then go to1.7   ( I see a lot less problems when Pilots go in order.......Play it smart)  This is much easier if you just stay up to date. If you have not done the battery updates you can do so with 1.7 or 1.8 as well.  

-All the firmware numbers for the RC - aircraft- Go App - Camera WONT BE THE SAME. For example the current aircraft firmware is 1.8..80 but the RC Firmware is 1.6.0  )   

-Sometimes only the aircraft gets an update and not RC Transmitter   Read the pdf on the downloads page so you know what’s going on for example 1.6.0.40 was only for the aircraft and batteries

-Make sure to read what each update is effecting. For example 1.6.0.4.0 will require each battery to be updated as well. Keep Informed.

-Macs’ sometimes do not format SD cards well. When Formatting  Success is in doubt  FORMAT ON THE AIRCRAFT, go to camera settings on dji go app , open the tool icon , on bottom is Format SD  card option.

When Updating on the aircraft you will hear a "Four beat tone" dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd and flashing gren and red lights .

-Updates sometimes take a while, wait for the tone to change to  a " One beat pause two beat  tone"  d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd  or the solid  green light even better. Now it is done  ( Phantom Camera Gimbal Assembly )

-If you hear a long  " No pause beat "   dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd  update has failed. Try again.  Remove SD card and Place in computer and look at the File "Result" or the Hidden file to get to the Nitty Gritty.  Use search magnifying glass "Hidden File" tutorial.

-Updating is not an option for just the aircraft, IF there is also an update at that time for the Transmitter you MUST do it.

-To find out your current Firmware: Make sure The Aircraft, Transmitter, and GO-APP are all on. Now go to the “Main Video Flight Screen” , Tap the right hand corner for “ Settings” on the Very Left Bottom of  tab icons  you will see -  - -  this is the “ General Settings   Go to  “About “  Here you will find current Firmware on each device.  If you only see the “App Version  it is because you did not turn everything on .

-If you load the firware with success but it does not update in the “About” section on the Go App “General Settings” be sure to Re- Boot your Device with the Go App, also restart the aircraft and Transmitter .  

-If you have a light blue light on the transmitter ( This can be caused by an interupted upload to the Firmware on the RC )  go to this link to help solve the problem        http://forum.dji.com/thread-47577-1-1.html  

-If you get a + sign after you install the firmware,  (ie: 1.7.04.00+) It is OK, re-boot and make sure your device has wi-fi  and internet access.  It should update once it is up to date with DJI servers. ( This may take a couple days though because of all the updates) Once again waitign on DJI for exact cause.

-Make sure when you are powering up to fly you always do it in theis order :   1 RC Transmitter 2 Aircraft 3 Go app     You can have your device ( I-pad ) "on"  when you place it on the RC cradle but do NOT have that Go App opened up.  Make sure you have no other apps opened in the backround.  Be sure to "Enable Hardware Decode" on the go App.  This takes some of the strain off the processor for better performance.  

-Updates for the Phantom Standard are Only Done through GO-App and Wi-Fi, no SD Firmware to upload.

-Look over your "General Settings" after an update most of the settings are stored in the MC Master Control of the Aircraft but sometimes things change.  Make sure the RTH  Return To Home settings have not changed and the Umits of measure have not gone back to Metric or Imperial.  I personally go through each page of the settings to be sure.  

- You cant Rollback the Battery Firmware once installed. Once Installed that’s it.  ( Battery Only)

-When doing a Rollback, confirm the Current firmware on the Aircraft and then Rollback Firmware in Order.  If at 1.6 you can only Rollback to 1.5. If at 1.7 can only rollback to 1.6 etc.  

I hope this helps anyone struggeling ,  Please add your tips and I will add them to the list.

All the best to you and yours - donnie

2016-4-7
Use props
carlospsneto
lvl.1

Brazil

So, Will IOS users be able to upgrade the rc without an dji go update?
2016-4-7
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

CaptRuss Posted at 2016-4-7 07:56
What is the best practice when updating the GoApp via app's download & update function?  Is it best  ...

Captain Russ, please see post 28 for the answers you seek.

-donnie
2016-4-7
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

carlospsneto Posted at 2016-4-7 09:00
So, Will IOS users be able to upgrade the rc without an dji go update?

Carl -DJI go update is only for Android Users only  .  I -pad users will update there RC with a WI-FI fixed internet . Soo yes you can update without an update to the go app.

-donnie
2016-4-7
Use props
carlospsneto
lvl.1

Brazil

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-7 22:24
Carl -DJI go update is only for Android Users only  .  I -pad users will update there RC with a WI- ...

Thank you Donnie!
2016-4-7
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Pierrot78 Posted at 2016-4-7 07:29
Nope! DjiGo whatever the version doesn't ask for a rc update

Make sure your Go App has Internet Access.  Try and do the download the update  to the RC with a Fixed Wi-FI internet signal.  Make sure the aircraft is off when updating the RC Transmitter  and the Transmitter has a near full charge.

donnie
2016-4-7
Use props
Cablebandit

United States

I have a p3A and Ipad air 2  on 1.7 f/w.  
  I just downloaded the 1.8 f/w zip file. I unzipped it to my sd card....inserted sd card into p3a and turned on the battery. p3a updated...took about 10 minutes.

When done, I turned off battery...removed and installed my 2nd battery. I turned on that 2nd battery...it updated it i assume in a matter of seconds....turned off battery.

Next i turned on rc....turned on p3a....opened dji go app and the app said that i needed to update rc and gave me option to download file. I did...it installed and when finished i turned everything off.

I went outside, flew 300 feet up and 100 feet away, hit RTH and it returned and landed without incident. Everything seemed to work just as it should with my p3A and Ipad air 2.
2016-4-7
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.3

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-7 09:52
You must update both the Aircraft and the RC for everything to work on this particular update  ...

"... Also Capt Russ.  If you just bought a battery You can update it with the new FW. I would just do my update with the new battery pack installed  and then it will be updated .  Then after success upload, you can place any additional battery packs and begin the process again, it will only take a couple of minutes this time.  As far as deleting the Go App, keep in mind the update is for android devices only this time. (Be sure to Uninstall the old one completly first  ) also you can symc if you wish , go to the GO App  and select "Me"  then go to "Flight Records"  and sync.  You wont have much but sync if you want..."

Donnie,

Many thanks; that is a great post!  You seem to be implying that all updates include the previous, most current battery update too- even if the newly-released update does not simultaneously also update the battery with a *new* update in and of itself, it merely includes a repeat of the most current battery updated that may have been included in a previous all-in-one update (say, 1.6), is that correct?

With regard to uninstalling the GoApp, is it recommended to manually remove all remnants thereof as well... such as any [DJI & GoApp] directories that may have been left behind after the uninstall?  I suspect that, as you indicated, not much information is contained at this point for me with the exception of registration information, hardware component information, etc.  If I do remove those straggler directories, will I need to take any special steps when reinstalling the GoApp again?

Thanks very much,  Russ

2016-4-7
Use props
helidan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does fw update reset all settings back to default?  I've only done one fw update and that was when I first purchased the drone.  Also, what about compass calibration?
2016-4-7
Use props
justin.owen
lvl.3

Spain

Anyone tried this with the old RC's that can ONLY be upgraded by SD card?

(My controller WILL NOT update through app, never has - will only update via SD)

Also, is this fixing the vibration issues!?
2016-4-7
Use props
Cablebandit

United States

helidan Posted at 2016-4-7 10:40
Does fw update reset all settings back to default?  I've only done one fw update and that was when I ...

i didnt do any calibrations...just updated and flew. all my settings remained...p3a/ipad air 2
2016-4-7
Use props
helidan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cablebandit Posted at 2016-4-7 15:41
i didnt do any calibrations...just updated and flew. all my settings remained...p3a/ipad air 2

Thanks for that!
2016-4-7
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

CaptRuss Posted at 2016-4-7 09:32
"... Also Capt Russ.  If you just bought a battery You can update it with the new FW. I would just ...

Yes, that is correct thinking in the "all in one "concept.  That is why you can" jump" updates.  Personally I recommend just staying up to date, I see a lot less problems this way.  

Also I have the Go App installed on my I pad, when I delete it I simply delete the whole program in one easy swipe.  On the Apple devices you just press down on the icon until you get them "wiggelin" then just X the App and goodbye.  Then I simply load the new one from the app store.  I would not worry about any sub directories or what not.  when you install it would just overwrite the files anyway
Make sure you never have the Transmitter on during the Aircraft update,  and vice versa   Many people try and Update the aircraft and do the update to the RC through the GO app at the same time.  This can Cause the video module to become corrupted and must then go to DJI to be repaired.  Please read my tips page top to bottom.   

donnie.  
2016-4-7
Use props
12345678Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules