Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Firmware Release Note (Apr 7th,2016)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
siep
lvl.1

Netherlands

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-10 16:42
Ok , so bottom line is that you need to get to 1.8 to fly correct ?  My first bit of advise will be ...

Thanks for stepping in ..that's really great.
I formatted the card in the 'bird' using DJI GO
So the formatting should be right, I think
Maybe here it is wrong?: if I download the Advanced firmware v 1.8.80 it looks
allready unpacked? It;s 62,6 MB ...is this allright?
Then I will try again?

Thanks for help.

Siep
2016-4-10
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

siep Posted at 2016-4-10 09:30
Hi, I really appreciate the help from here..because I see that more pilots have problems with it.  ...

Next time you have a failed update, read the hidden file on the SD card.  I will link the tutorial , the Mac will have something similar or use a PC for this purpose.  

Also read my tips page.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

http://forum.dji.com/thread-44544-1-1.html
2016-4-10
Use props
cmharris30
New

United States

Just got the phantom 4. Flew it for a week and did the upgrades!, now it says RC signal lost. What's the problem????
2016-4-10
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

siep Posted at 2016-4-10 09:51
So  ...

Make sure you are only pulling the Bin file and NOTHING ELSE.  The mac automatically unzips, all you want is the BIN file and NOTHING ELSE.   after you  try this time .  Place the SD card in the Computer and look at the log ,see what it says we want success .  Format on the Aircraft if you can also,  I am sure we can get this to work.  

Yes 62.610  

donnie
2016-4-10
Use props
siep
lvl.1

Netherlands

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-10 16:49
Are you sure you have the right file? , the Pro and advanced look the Same.  format again from the  ...

I used a pc and now at this moment it beeps dddd, dddd  so maybe it will work.
Thank you so much and I will let you know.

Siep
2016-4-10
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

cmharris30 Posted at 2016-4-10 09:54
Just got the phantom 4. Flew it for a week and did the upgrades!, now it says RC signal lost. What's ...

For more help go to phantom 4 updates  page .  I personally am not an expert on that model ( Yet) and you will get more help on that page.  I am sorry you are having trouble .

donnie
go here

http://forum.dji.com/thread-48126-1-1.html
2016-4-10
Use props
longez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17881 ft

United States

I'm a newbie, but this is the second FW update on my 3 Pro. I formatted a SD card in drone, then downloaded the file to the card via my Mac. Verified the correct file was at the root level on the SD card,and then updated the drone with the RC off. Took about 20 minutes with the first battery, and about a 1 minute with each of the 3 spare batteries.  Then updated the RC via wifi and the DJI Go app - you can monitor the download and update sequences on the iPad while it's doing its thing.

Everything worked out perfect; drone flies great and video works after updating.
2016-4-10
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

siep Posted at 2016-4-10 09:51
So  ...

Yes you want just the BIN file.  Make sure Aircraft is off when you load the SD card into the aircraft.  Then turn it on.  Yes Format in the Aircraft as well.  Macs do not wipe it clean always.

donnie
2016-4-10
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

siep Posted at 2016-4-10 10:04
I used a pc and now at this moment it beeps dddd, dddd  so maybe it will work.
Thank you so much a ...

Yep it will work, wait for the tone to change .  read my tips page , I cover all of this.  Wait for the light on gimbal to go solid green.  You are almost there.

after success check the SD card log for success and be sure to check the about page.   Be sure to re- boot everything.

Donnie
2016-4-10
Use props
siep
lvl.1

Netherlands

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-10 17:12
Yep it will work, wait for the tone to change .  read my tips page , I cover all of this.  Wait fo ...

The txt file: Result Succes!

Thank you again and have a good day,

Siep

2016-4-10
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

longez Posted at 2016-4-10 10:06
I'm a newbie, but this is the second FW update on my 3 Pro. I formatted a SD card in drone, then dow ...

Longez ,Glad it worked for you .  Curious did you not update the Battery with previous  FW ?  The 1.8 does not have a  NEW battery update on this one.  The  Inspire does  have an update.  Maybe you were just playing it safe and making sure the batteries were updated in case one of them was new.

have fun - donnie
2016-4-10
Use props
Avellas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29833 ft
  • >>>
Canada

After hearing all these issues, has DJI stepped forward at all to fix them?
2016-4-10
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Avellas Posted at 2016-4-10 10:34
After hearing all these issues, has DJI stepped forward at all to fix them?

To be blunt 90%  are Install error.  I will say that the instruction process is difficult.  This is such a dynamic hobby and improvements happen almost weekly.  I would much prefer 3 simple updates per year.  The problem I am seeing is that most pilots do not read the Manual or they neglect to read the notes that come along with the updates.  I am one to read the manual on items I purchase cover to cover before I even start playing with the device.   I will admit that some troubles come out of the blue.  DJI needs to take a sample of 100 pilots and give them the update and see how they do, and I am talking a random section of pilots and see where the failure's happen   at.  That is one reason whey I made a tip sheet, it is short and sweet and covers the basics that will kepp you out of BIG trouble.  Before I posted my tips sheet, the biggest things was pilots leaving the transmitter on during updates to the aircraft, this corrupts the "Video Transmission Board" and it must be sent to DJI for repair.  I, and others have beat that into the brains of most pilots on the forum by shear repetition.   My next goal is to eliminate MAC's from the update process unless you are a Zen master at Mac's.  It almost always causes issues to new users.  

I will stop Pontificating Now ,  So everyone read the manual and the Update notes, I know many have done so and still have problems but this is about 10% and keep in mind No matter what 5% of the population should not even handle sharp instruments  or drive , they are so thoughtless .
HERE is a link to my tips sheet by the way, if so inclined....

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

good luck - donnie
2016-4-10
Use props
Skyfox
lvl.1

Germany

Everything works with my P3
2016-4-10
Use props
Madmaxxed
lvl.1

United States

I noticed the update notification for my P3S yesterday. Should I be concerned with updating?  I hear and read pros and cons of some of the advanced and pro updates and am a little concerned about my standard. I'm getting a few new batteries as well. Do I need to do anything with them?  I always do my research and continue it to keep myself educated but will have questions and concerns. If proceeded I will do the IMU and gimbal calibrations along with the compass calibration I do before every flight. Thanks!
2016-4-10
Use props
longez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17881 ft

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-10 23:16
Longez ,Glad it worked for you .  Curious did you not update the Battery with previous  FW ?  ...

I really don't know what I'm doing.  I can see what version FW the drone and RC is via the Go app, but is there anywhere I can see if i have the correct battery firmware?

Does the .bin file need to be on the SD card for the drone to update each battery, or is the battery updated directly from the FW loaded on the drone?

thanks!

longez
2016-4-10
Use props
Nicelypm1
lvl.1

United States

longez Posted at 2016-4-10 15:29
I really don't know what I'm doing.  I can see what version FW the drone and RC is via the Go app, ...

If Battery needs update it will tell you when you power everything on. I don't know if there is a way to tell what battery firmware is. If app says battery needs upgrade load the bin file on sd card insert in gimble then power on aircraft. battery should then do upgrade.
2016-4-10
Use props
bendavis555
lvl.1
Canada

Just an FYI to anyone having issues using iOS 9.3.1... I had to downgrade my iPad and iPhone to iOS 9.3 to get it to connect with DJI GO. Seems a lot of people having issues with the latest update.im hoping Apple and DJI will work on this to allow 9.3.1. As soon as I downgraded my iOS DJI GO works fine
2016-4-10
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

longez Posted at 2016-4-10 14:29
I really don't know what I'm doing.  I can see what version FW the drone and RC is via the Go app, ...

You just need to read the Firmware notes that come out with each update.  Then the batteries are updated through the bin file.  Say for example you bought a new battery, you would simply load the latest FW  to the SD card and place on -in  the aircraft with that new  battery, then fire up the Bird.  

You will get it , just takes time.  Read up on  the updates so you know what each one does.

No worries- donnie
2016-4-10
Use props
eddycheah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 261660 ft
Malaysia

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-10 21:58
Make sure  you do an IMU and camera calibration after and update to FW.  Also dont forget a proper ...

Hi,Tq Donnie ,I Will Try It, Anything I Will Feedback Again.Tq Very Much.
2016-4-10
Use props
Take to the ski
New

Madmaxxed Posted at 2016-4-11 02:18
I noticed the update notification for my P3S yesterday. Should I be concerned with updating?  I hear ...

I would wait until the 'RC signal lost' issue is resolved. I just bought the P3 Standard and flew it a couple times - worked great. Then Friday night I updated the firmware and now I get this error and can't fly at all. I am using an iPhone so I tried rolling back to ios 9.3 but it didn't fix the problem.

Does anyone else know of a way to re-attempt the firmware upgrade or rollback? I'm going on vacation in 4 days and planned on using the drone...
2016-4-10
Use props
Take to the ski
New

Take to the ski Posted at 2016-4-11 07:17
I would wait until the 'RC signal lost' issue is resolved. I just bought the P3 Standard and flew  ...

Actually, I just figured out the problem!

For anyone with the Standard, you need to re-pair the remote with the aircraft. Refer to page 24 of the manual for instructions https://cvp.com/pdf/Phantom%203%20Standard%20-%20Manual.pdf
2016-4-10
Use props
sandmark
lvl.1

Hi Donnie,

I have a Phantom 3 Advanced.
The app version is 2.7.2 (android) when Im using my Sony phone as this is the only way I can get it to connect to the Bird ( still no camera feed though.
It was 2.7.1 ios iPad air 2 when I could get it to connect but since I did the 1.8.80 update on the Bird I cant get the app (ios) to connect to the controller to see what version it is.
With the Android its telling me all the upgrades are successful and up to date ( just no camera feed)
Connect iPad comes up with ( How to connect) tried everything to get that to work!
Im actually thinking theres a video module problem or something as theres no camera feed but I still cant understand why it still half connects to the Android.
Dji have said to mail it to them (Hong Kong)
But the place I purchased it from said not to as they have put in a service request ( which means I will prob have to send it to them) which will be quicker apparently and then they can send it overseas if need be.
Cheers
2016-4-10
Use props
sandmark
lvl.1

bendavis555@hot Posted at 2016-4-11 04:45
Just an FYI to anyone having issues using iOS 9.3.1... I had to downgrade my iPad and iPhone to iOS  ...

Hi,
How did you downgrade your ios 9.3.1?
I cant seem to find out how to do it.
That's when I had problems too, when I updated my iPad to the latest.
Thanks
2016-4-10
Use props
Madmaxxed
lvl.1

United States

Take to the ski Posted at 2016-4-10 19:17
I would wait until the 'RC signal lost' issue is resolved. I just bought the P3 Standard and flew  ...

What error were you getting?  How did you roll back the iOS update on your iPhone?  Linking the rc and drone resolved the signal loss issue?  Also, did you do an IMU calibration after the update?
2016-4-10
Use props
coryshubert
lvl.1

United States

After one failed install on my Phantom 3 Standard tonight, I shut the DJI Go app down and restarted everything, and after a LONG time beeping, it finally did complete and seems to be back to normal.

Cory

2016-4-10
Use props
bendavis555
lvl.1
Canada

sandmark Posted at 2016-4-10 21:44
Hi,
How did you downgrade your ios 9.3.1?
I cant seem to find out how to do it.

There's a few videos on YouTube on how to do it. I just watched a few of them to get it straight. It was a pain in the butt, make sure to back up your devices as well before you do all this.

http://youtu.be/vjqQW8C_DHc
2016-4-10
Use props
goliveirab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132582 ft
Brazil

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-7 22:47
Yes, that is correct thinking in the "all in one "concept.  That is why you can" jump" updates.  Pe ...

I probably did that mistake, but I live im Brazil, do you know any possible solution for that? Can I repair it without send my bird to DJI?

That`s what happen:
I have open my bird to check if ever cabel was ok
The gimbal shows that its disconected on the app

Thanks
2016-4-10
Use props
matthieu.lecoq
Captain
Flight distance : 3522740 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,

My configuration :
- P3P
- Ipad Mini 2 (IOs 9.3)

I'll go with my little upgrade story since this is the first time and update causes me so many issues ... I have my P3P since May 2015

Went through the procedure : Drone then RC no issues ...

Then as usual, left the bin file in the SD card in order to update the batteries ...

But ....

Usually, when the drone has been updated and you start updating the batteries, it just takes a couples of green - red blinks and then it is done ...

This time, after a couple of minutes, no blinking but solid red and buzzing sound ...

Once, twice, etc, etc ... Always the same ...

Before I has absolutely no issues when leaving the bin file on the SD card ...

So took it out, and started the RC, DJI GO then the Drone ... but no signal ... All the controls work (flight, I can take pictures & videos), but no live feed ... All the updates figured correctly in the DJI GO program ...

Spent hours looking up forums, different solutions or issues ... Changed the SD card just in case ...

Tried to downgrade like some suggested, but same issue - solid red after a couple of minutes and buzzing with both SD cards ...

So overall, not looking good, since a solid red and no blinking seems to mean firmware or big issue and the drone needs to be sent out ...

Eventually got time to time a message in DJI GO saying that I needed to upgrade the camera firmware ...

Then out from no where, after turning on and off the RC and the Drone ... Eventually, I had a live feed for 30 seconds ... then it dissappeard telling me there was big interferences ... Change place in the appartement, same issue, no live feed ...

Anyway, had to go to sleep 3:30 am and I needed to use the drone the next day and decided to fly by sight, trying to get the best of it ...

Tried the whole set in the morning, just to check : Live feed present then disappeared again ...

Same thing happened when I started flying ... Turned it on but at take off, the live feed disappeared ...

Different occasions I landed, turned off everything, even the app and it came back some how and worked all through the flight ...

Then changed battery, same issue, no more live feed ...

Then for no reason, I connected my iPhone 6 (IOs 9.3.1) and live feed worked all the time without any problems ...

So in conclusion :
- I don't understand why I can leave the bin file in the SD card now ... And I am not even sure my batteries have been updated ...
- I don't understand what is the problem with the Ipad (worked perfectly before the upgrade), even re-installed DJI GO but the issue it the same

The drone flies perfectly, but all this on-the-side issues, don't give me much confidence and I am concerned there might be another issue ...

Also, what to expect at the next upgrade ... Will I be able to do so since it freezes in solid red when I put a SD card with a bin file in it ?

2016-4-10
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

matthieu.lecoq Posted at 2016-4-11 13:49
Hi,

My configuration :
.....And I am not even sure my batteries have been updated ...

There is no update for the batteries in this latest release.
2016-4-10
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 286198 ft
Canada

OK, so I'm officially afraid to do anything with the new fw..  I'm on 9.3.1 on my iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2.  Turned on everything today to demo Flight Simulator mode and got the "Need to upgrade FW" message, but everything was still working fine on the prior levels.  Given everything I'm reading I don't want to  muck up anything..  Has anyone with iPhone/iPad mini been successful updating controller after bird updates with .bin file on micro SD?

(Donnie) - I remember our conversation.. Bird on SD first (with RC off) then RC (with Bird off), then batteries with bin file on Micro SD cards..   

Still though, sounds like there are still folks having issues??

Jay S.
2016-4-10
Use props
matthieu.lecoq
Captain
Flight distance : 3522740 ft
  • >>>
China

JockC Posted at 2016-4-11 12:08
There is no update for the batteries in this latest release.

Ok, understood ...

But as I do as usual, I leave the bin file in the SD card, just in case ...

No problem before ...

Now impossible to leave it there or the small led just above the camera freezes in solid red ...
2016-4-10
Use props
Take to the ski
New

Madmaxxed Posted at 2016-4-11 08:36
What error were you getting?  How did you roll back the iOS update on your iPhone?  Linking the rc  ...

Essentially the new firmware upgrade disconnected the RC from the aircraft. When I went into the DJI GO app it gave me an error message saying the RC signal was lost. Even though I could see that the camera was working I couldn't operate anything. Just by following the manual to connect the controller to the aircraft fixed the connection issue. Rolling back the iOS on my iPhone did nothing for me (I followed a how-to on youtube). I didn't do any other sort of calibration either. Again, I have the Standard Phantom so if you have the adv. or pro it could be a different issue.
2016-4-10
Use props
Q.Jayhappy
lvl.1

Australia

pmb.sergeymalko Posted at 2016-4-7 17:09
Upgrading is a mistake. Me and my friends have updated their Phantom 3 Pro and Adv, and faced with t ...

Ive had the same problem,I up graded the system and still have the lost symbol
2016-4-10
Use props
Dr. One
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2673110 ft

Similar event happened to me and it said RC CALIBRATION COMPLETE ... so I auto launched the drone but had no control of the sticks
2016-4-10
Use props
Dr. One
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2673110 ft

I literally had to grabbed it in midair. Then I had to manually pull out the battery while it was flying. I damn near lost a finger and definitely made a fool of myself in front of my guests. What was I supposed to do in that situation DJI?
2016-4-10
Use props
Björn.dahl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 501991 ft

Sweden

When I download the latest firmware before,I got an zipfile,and extracted the file,workt fin
The latest firm ware whas downloaded as a BIN directly whithout and helpfile? The p3 a dont want to accept the firmware,what is wrong?
Bjorn
2016-4-11
Use props
jyurkyandsons
lvl.3

United States

blondsign Posted at 2016-4-8 04:17
I have a Problem with my brand new phantom 3 pro which was shipped today.
While setting up the bird ...

Your problem is the dji go app down grade to 2.6.1 download apk pure you'll need to set phone to allow others not just Google play.  Done this the last two firmware updates, make sure to turn off dji auto updates. Anyone reading this you must use the newest dji go app to download the firmware  then go to 2.6.1 app.
2016-4-11
Use props
Björn.dahl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 501991 ft

Sweden

Firmware to the drone I mean,I checked when I down load the latest firmware to the dron,have done this a couple of times before,download unzip,install.
But when I now try,I follow the download and when it,s downloaded it turns unzipped.So I have the BIN file fore the drone,but when i put in the drone nothing happens.
2016-4-11
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

goliveirab@gmai Posted at 2016-4-10 21:24
I probably did that mistake, but I live im Brazil, do you know any possible solution for that? Can  ...

Goliverab, what did that warning say on the  Go app?  I am sorry I could not read it.  I see that camera is limp.  first let me know the warning said and we will go from there.

donnie
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules