Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Firmware Release Note (Apr 7th,2016)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 286198 ft
Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-11 21:00
Goliverab, what did that warning say on the  Go app?  I am sorry I could not read it.  I see that  ...

Donnie...

So I trust you..  Can't seem to follow what's happening with this upgrade on the Apple side.  Not getting a message to upgrade DJI GO app..  When demo'ing flight simulator yesterday, got the message to update firmware..  Reading everything I have about 5% confidence I'm not going to hit a problem..  There's no issue just staying where I am at this point, correct?

Jay S.
2016-4-11
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-11 09:45
Donnie...

So I trust you..  Can't seem to follow what's happening with this upgrade on the Apple  ...

You can stay where you are at until the dust settles.  Just a FYI- there is no update to the GO -App for Apple users .  The Go App update is ONLY for the Android users.  When you do decide to update be sure to refresh yourself with my tips page and take your time.  

If you have the I-pad you are safe at 2.7.1  Android users have a different update for GO 2.7.2

My experience  leads me to believe most problems are user error.  NOT ALL but if you take some simple precautions and make sure you read up on what this Update entails, you will be just fine.  
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

Donnie  
2016-4-11
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-11 22:53
You can stay where you are at until the dust settles.  Just a FYI- there is no update to the GO -Ap ...

Donnie..

I remember...  

1. Upgrade bird with Micro SD and with Controller turned OFF
2. Upgrade Controller with Bird turned off
3. Upgrade batteries after the first two (although don't think there was a battery upgrade in this FW).

Do I have it?  :-)

Jay S.
2016-4-11
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-11 11:10
Donnie..

I remember...  

There is no battery update on this one.  But if there was a battery update what you would do is after the first battery was completed AND with success, just load the next battery and start again .  The second battery will only take about 2-3 min to upload.  

I like how you know my policy about making sure the Transmitter is off when updating the Aircraft.  I have had very few "Video Modules " corrupted since I have been Pounding this fact.  One guy gave me a hard time about always saying it and my lengthy post,   I told him I did not give a shit if he did not like my post or it's length .  

cheers- donnie
2016-4-11
Use props
bwaler
First Officer
Flight distance : 3314541 ft
United States

I feel like the minority here but I have a P3S and iOS 9.3.1 and performed the upgrade and have flown 4+ times without issue.
IMG_4965.jpg
2016-4-11
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
Canada

bwaler Posted at 2016-4-12 02:41
I feel like the minority here but I have a P3S and iOS 9.3.1 and performed the upgrade and have flow ...

BWATER,

Was there a particular sequence you used?  Glad to know it worked for you..

Jay S.
2016-4-11
Use props
bwaler
First Officer
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-11 13:19
BWATER,

Was there a particular sequence you used?  Glad to know it worked for you..

When the notice first popped up on the app I ignored it because I was in the mountains and didn't want to spend the time trying to download with spotty cellular coverage. When I opened the app at home I got the notice in the app for the update, hit continue, let the firmware download (over wifi) and then turned on my bird, let the app connect to the Phantom and hit continue and let it do its thing for 3-5 minutes and it was done.

I turned everything off and was good to go.
2016-4-11
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
Canada

bwaler Posted at 2016-4-12 04:41
When the notice first popped up on the app I ignored it because I was in the mountains and didn't  ...

bwaler,

Thanks..  So you bypassed the whole putting the .bin file on the microSD card and let the app handle the drone and controller updates?  Did the controller update before you turned on the drone?  Just curious because your aircraft level in the picture above is a couple of level behind I believe...

Thanks again,
Jay S.
2016-4-11
Use props
chefmadison99
lvl.1

Same thing for me...Fix was to uninstall the go app...then when I loaded it back up it prompted me to update the controller...hope this helps.
2016-4-11
Use props
oks4n4
lvl.1

Indonesia

My current p3p is work just fine. I would never upgrade my phantom. DJI always has hidden update in their fw and sw.
2016-4-11
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
Canada

chefmadison99 Posted at 2016-4-12 07:27
Same thing for me...Fix was to uninstall the go app...then when I loaded it back up it prompted me t ...

Android or IOS???

Jay S.
2016-4-11
Use props
bwaler
First Officer
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-11 16:01
bwaler,

Thanks..  So you bypassed the whole putting the .bin file on the microSD card and let the  ...

If I understand correctly the P3S didn't have a controller update in the latest update and that explains why my firmware version is different than yours.

Perhaps the P3A and P3P are a bit different to install or there is a problem with the update.
2016-4-12
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
Canada

bwaler Posted at 2016-4-12 22:16
If I understand correctly the P3S didn't have a controller update in the latest update and that ex ...

Sorry..  Didn't realize you were on P3S...  There was an aircraft update included for the P3A and P3P..

Jay S.
2016-4-12
Use props
JohnM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9925 ft
Romania

Hi guys!

I'm noticing lots of users are experiencing this (RC Signal Lost), is there any specific workaround for getting back in the sky and work with the P3P?
I did the latest update on the remote as posted in the app. Did the aircraft update v1.8.80 (remote off). Both went fine. After turned on the remote and aircraft there's no connection and the app pops a message the remote has to be updated to the same latest firmware ?!?!
I'm using an IPad Air 2, reinstalled the app, tested also on Android with the latest DJI GO app version, no success.
Under the info tab it says Aircraft & RC - Version Unknown ?!

I'm really frustrated about this, I really appreciate the community answers!!

All the best!

John
2016-4-13
Use props
sculbody
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-7 09:52
You must update both the Aircraft and the RC for everything to work on this particular update  ...

HELLO thanks for all your great help. just to be sure my pro is at 1.4 I believe. I can jump directly to 1.8 I have 2 batteries. thanks john
2016-4-15
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

sculbody Posted at 2016-4-15 11:59
HELLO thanks for all your great help. just to be sure my pro is at 1.4 I believe. I can jump direc ...

You sure can, but in the furure I advise staying in order.  

Good luck donnie

make sure you follow my tips page , you will be fine.
2016-4-15
Use props
bobhyslop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182379 ft
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-10 14:51
What model do you own specific, Pro or advanced ?  Did you upload the correct go app for the Andro ...

hi Donnie, thanks for your help.
I've got a p3 advanced and had no problems updating firmware for craft or rc (read your notes before updating).

Tablet is a hipstreet electron running android 5.1.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled go app 2.7.2 for android numerous times but with the same results.
I even tried changing language to English(US) on tablet but made little difference.

the only other devices I have is a kindle fire hd which will not run the go app and an iPhone 4s.
I installed the 2.71 app for ios on the iPhone but cant connect to craft & rc only get 'how to connect' instead of camera view bar so cant try it with that.

Another thing I found (though not a real issue) is that when I enter any setting screens the top and bottom border encroaches into the screen making it difficult to access certain settings (especially with fat fingers).

Bit of a puzzler this as everything else seems to be working fine.
2016-4-15
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

bobhyslop Posted at 2016-4-15 13:46
hi Donnie, thanks for your help.
I've got a p3 advanced and had no problems updating firmware for  ...

Bobhyslop,  Sorry you are having some trouble.  On the I -phone is it updated to 9.3.1.?  I have seen many problems with that ,  If you can delete and re install the update ( 9.3.1 ) through I tunes I have heard that it makes  it possible to connect.  Also make sure the Lightning cable  is original Apple equipment as that can cause a connection issue.

I can understand the Fat fingers comment , I am a bit bigger Guy 6'4'  225lbs  and I have RSD in my extremities  (Causes swelling) so I can realate to the tiny screens and buttons.  I do not know of any fix for this, you may have to play with the tablets settings to improve that.

So these would be my suggestions, I wish I could be of more help to you .  If you ever update consider a Apple I- pad Air  or the Pro version, I am in the Process of making a proper mount for the Pro as it is a bit larger.  Until this last update of 9.3.1 on Apples,  The DJI equipment   and it got along like Peas and Carrots.  I am hoping that we have no other problems in the future .

Good Luck - donnie

2016-4-15
Use props
bobhyslop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182379 ft
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-15 20:03
Bobhyslop,  Sorry you are having some trouble.  On the I -phone is it updated to 9.3.1.?  I ha ...

thanks Donnie,

iPhone is upto date but will try reinstall, worth a go.

gonna keep at it as is bugging me now, I don't like not knowing why something wont work correctly,lol.

will let you know if I get it sorted.

thanks again for your help
2016-4-15
Use props
risa.nemeth
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hey Donnie,
or someone helpful.
I bought a P3S about two weeks ago, it was amazing-flying super far, working fine with my Iphone 5c then I updated to 2.7.2(stupid me, last time I updated GOpro 3 black ti fucked up and didnt work again, bye 500$)since then I can fly about 30m straight up, when I try to move the drone sideways or whatever I keep loosing signal, drone keeps RTH. Now it nearly landed in a trees. Im so pissed off. I promise I will never do an update again.

I contacted technical support, they kept telling me iPhone 5c is not recommended device and to downgrade the same way I upgraded. Obv this doesnt work as there is no update nor downgrade button in DJIGo app. Then that fella apologized that he realized I cannot downgrade P3S. and basically told me to get a new phone. DAFUQ. I will try my friends Iphone 6 but I doubt it will work as this is clearly an firmware  issue

million dollar question: how to downgrade or solve this? pretty please. Everyone has P3A or P3P, I will probably update to them or P4 one day, but I would have to update laptop etc as well. So far I was happy with my working P3S.

Im now travelling New Zealand so I cant just send it back as I have no permanent address. And I obv dont want to return it and wait forever to get it back....

Thanks to everyone with some advice.
Cheers
2016-4-18
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer

risa.nemeth Posted at 2016-4-19 07:04
Hey Donnie,
or someone helpful.
I bought a P3S about two weeks ago, it was amazing-flying super far, ...

Do you have a cloud backup of the iPhone from about the 13th?  I was able to restore a backup to my iPad Mini to get 2.7.1 back...  Only way I know unless there is a 2.7.1 download somewhere or DJI makes it available...

Jay S.
2016-4-18
Use props
asiangear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10215719 ft
  • >>>
United States

What does the latest RC firmware fix/improve?  I can't seem to find specific release notes for the RC.
2016-4-18
Use props
risa.nemeth
lvl.1

New Zealand

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-19 09:31
Do you have a cloud backup of the iPhone from about the 13th?  I was able to restore a backup to m ...

Unfortunately I dont, I did the UMI calibration as well (didnt help). Tried Iphone 6 64gb, same issue. Customer support told me to return the drone. Or try to update again. But I have no idea how as the dji go app update button doesnt appear.
E: ok I tried to hold hat for 5-10secs but I cannot press download or drone firmware. and it says in red: get firmware version failed.

2016-4-18
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer

risa.nemeth Posted at 2016-4-19 14:36
Unfortunately I dont, I did the UMI calibration as well (didnt help). Tried Iphone 6 64gb, same iss ...

Did u try to reload the FW on the Aircraft with a cleanly formatted Micro SD card?  Follow the steps in order ..  Format SD card, copy FW to card, do the Aircraft first with RC turned off..  Then make sure you are at the correct level on the RC (with Aircraft turned off).  RC should update via download, but you can (I believe) also upgrade RC with USB connection and downloaded file (double check that).

You're not the only reporting the loss of signal issue.. All else fails try a relink between Aircraft and RC...

After that, don't know what else to try except maybe trying to go back a level on FW for Aircraft and RC.  DJI said 2.7.2 should work with prior FW levels..  Hope it works for you...
2016-4-19
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

asiangear Posted at 2016-4-18 23:41
What does the latest RC firmware fix/improve?  I can't seem to find specific release notes for the R ...

They never go into much detail, I wish they would also.  Seems the RC has updated  encryption to avoid getting hijacked by other systems in our bandwidth.  
I am not sure if you saw this, not trying to be redundent.  In case you missed it , I am posting part of the release notes

Good Luck - donnie

rc update.PNG
2016-4-19
Use props
risa.nemeth
lvl.1

New Zealand

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-19 22:34
Did u try to reload the FW on the Aircraft with a cleanly formatted Micro SD card?  Follow the step ...

I cant find firmware to download anywhere as its P3 Standard. Otherwise I would try that. Support has been pretty much useless so far.
E: found it, will try to downgrade using sd card

E2: followed the steps to reupdate from sd card.  Nothing happens, drone starts flashing yellow as he wants to connect to RC. Left it flashing for 10 minutes. No beep sounds... tried to downgrade the same way. Flashing yellow, no beeping sounds.

When I pressed the hat it say in red: getting firmware... after a while it changes to get firmware version failed.

fuck me, I spent last 3 days I could be travelling in McDOnalds trying to fix this... gf is pretty pissed off
2016-4-19
Use props
asiangear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10215719 ft
  • >>>
United States

alirz1 Posted at 2016-4-7 06:02
what is this optimized gimbal optmization? Tiltel horizon fix by any chance?

Also what new limitati ...

I'm curious about this too.  What are the current limitations from 1.4 firmware and up?  I'm still on 1.3.20.
2016-4-20
Use props
DB4Tim
lvl.3

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-15 13:03
Bobhyslop,  Sorry you are having some trouble.  On the I -phone is it updated to 9.3.1.?  I ha ...

This pen works on ALL devises it is very good ....amazon

BoxWave  EverTouch Capacitive Stylus, TouchScreen Samsung Galaxy Tab Stylus with  Ultra Durable FiberMesh Fiber Tip for GALAXY Note 3, Note 2, Note 10.1,  Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Google Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, LG Nexus 4,  Galaxy Tab 2, Tab 2 7.0, Tab 2 10.1, ALL Android devices
2016-4-29
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.4

United States

This scares the crap out of me... I'm on 1.6 and have flown FLAWLESSLY for 2-3 months.  At 1540 feet high in country and up to 7,342 feet away.  I have flown in cities with great range.  Camera/gimbal work great.  Only thing is my advanced flying forward can not keep a perfectly straight line.  It seems if I fly in reverse I get a better straight line.  I'm so scared if I update I'm going to cause something to mess up... I'm even holding off updating my 6s plus.  Nothing bad will happen if I stay on 1.6?  I don't know how but I wish there was a better way to upgrade code.  Anyone notice improvements in 1.8?
2016-4-29
Use props
radius
lvl.1

Indonesia

Rain1dog Posted at 2016-4-30 11:20
This scares the crap out of me... I'm on 1.6 and have flown FLAWLESSLY for 2-3 months.  At 1540 feet ...

i went up from 1.7 to 1.8 successfully few days ago, but still got no chance to fly it outdoor yet. indoor hover looks okay though.
as reported by some users, i also got 3-4 satellites locked indoor near a window, never got that before as i can remember.
2016-5-4
Use props
AndreDrone
Flight distance : 952625 ft
Australia

Hi there. My p3 advanced doesn't downgrade to 1.7. Why only the Pro version can downgrade ? It is defined in the pro pdf but not the advanced pdf release notes.
2016-5-23
Use props
AndreDrone
Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-7 21:52
You must update both the Aircraft and the RC for everything to work on this particular update  ...

Trying to rollback from 1.8 to 1.7 on my p3 advanced.

The release notes only says it can be downgraded if p3 pro.

Have you done it ? I trie loading in the sd card but nothing.
2016-5-23
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

AndreDrone Posted at 2016-5-23 06:24

The release notes only says it can be down ...

I dont know what notes you are reading but I did not see that myself . ( That only the pro can rollback )

You can rollback the aircraft if you are on 1.8 to 1.7 no problem.( Advanced and Pro Phantom )

Make sure you have the proper file for the Advanced and not the Pro, the Version numbers look exactly the same but contain different data.  Triple check that you are on the Phantom 3 Advanced page.

I have not done the rollback personally but I know it can be done.  

Also here are the lates release notes for the Phantom 3 Advanced, I do not see where it says it canoly be rolled back if a Pro model.
Just make sure you clear the SD card of the old files and be sure to format it as well, then load 1.7 to the SD card and then load it on to the aircraft, keep in mind if you do this you will need to rollback the RC to 1.58 as well because they are compatible with one another, Just like 1.8 on the AC will only work with 1.6 on the RC.

Try again, also, I have a link to my tips on the next post .

good luck-donnie  

P3 notes.PNG
2016-5-23
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

AndreDrone Posted at 2016-5-23 06:24

The release notes only says it can be down ...

AndreDrone, here is a link to my tips page, hope it helps:

donnie
2016-5-23
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

* Improved encryption to enchance security during transmission....

... maybe this is connected with a problem in transmission range.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-51503-1-2.html

Many users on few forums have got range issue, so this is not coincidence. It will be good for DJI to look into it.
2016-5-23
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.1

United States

Rain1dog Posted at 2016-4-30 11:20
This scares the crap out of me... I'm on 1.6 and have flown FLAWLESSLY for 2-3 months.  At 1540 feet ...

I wish I had kept mine the way it was...I upgraded my distance has been cut....cant get anywhere near 7k feet....heck I cant even get 3k
2016-5-23
Use props
AndreDrone
Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-23 19:51
I dont know what notes you are reading but I did not see that myself . ( That only the pro can roll ...

Hi guys. I tried everything and still nothing. Dei support told me this arvo the advanced model is not able to downgrade is with 1.8. Only the pro model. No explanation given. Not sure if I can trust dpi, but my downgrade doesn't work.
2016-5-24
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

AndreDrone Posted at 2016-5-24 06:17
Hi guys. I tried everything and still nothing. Dei support told me this arvo the advanced model is ...

I am sorry, I dont understand, DJI says you can not rollback to 1.7 on your Phantom Advanced ?

That is contrary to all I have ever heard, later today ( this morning ) I will get with one of the DJI reps and see what they say.  

You should be able to rollback to version 1.7 no problem, You can not rollback any further than that though.

I will be in touch-

Donnie

2016-5-24
Use props
AndreDrone
Australia

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-24 19:51
I am sorry, I dont understand, DJI says you can not rollback to 1.7 on your Phantom Advanced ? ...

Thanks. Hope you can get one of the dpi folks to confirm.
Cheers,
Andre
2016-5-24
Use props
AndreDrone
Australia

Hi all.

I have successful achieve the downgrade of my p3 advanced from 1.8 to 1.7

The procedure is..

Format the SD card (FAT)
Copy the FW 1.7
Insert the card and power the drone. No RC connected.
Leave for awhile.....nothing happens and it is ok.
Power off
Then before power on again, press and hold the rc link on your aircraft
Power on pressing the rc link, and hold until first four beeps. Release the rc link
You will see the the downgrade will start and all the beeps as usual.

There is a video here.

Phantom 3 Firmware Reinstall

2016-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules