Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Error - Gyroscope bias is too large.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ccbiggz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117697 ft
United States

This week I have been flying my P3P from the back of a boat. Several times I would try to take off, I would get an error saying the gyroscope bias was too large and I needed to restrart the aircraft. Was this error caused by the rocking of the boat?

2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, I'd suggest you to calibrate the IMU :

But now this option's location has changed to MC settings_Advanced Settings_Sensors_IMU Calibration
2016-4-7
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-8 02:10
Hello, I'd suggest you to calibrate the IMU :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGZUl5n1fA&list=PL8-v ...

I will do this, but do you think the drone sitting on the moving boat while it was starting up had anything to do with it?

Thanks!
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

ccbiggz Posted at 2016-4-8 17:54
I will do this, but do you think the drone sitting on the moving boat while it was starting up had ...

I'm not so sure about this but normally it couldn't.
2016-4-8
Use props
Nicola90s
Captain
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Russia

ccbiggz Posted at 2016-4-8 17:54
I will do this, but do you think the drone sitting on the moving boat while it was starting up had ...

I've also had this problem and every time I needed to restart the aircraft and also take off battery. I solved with a IMU calibration.

Do you have this problem also when you start your aircraft on a fixed surface?
2016-4-8
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.4
United States

Nicola90s Posted at 2016-4-8 07:56
I've also had this problem and every time I needed to restart the aircraft and also take off batte ...

Yesterday was the first time I had a chance to fly it. I was planning on doing the calibration, but when I turned everything on it didn't give me that error. I took off and flew around normally. I'm still going to go through the calibration though.

Thanks!
2016-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules