DJI Go app flight data playback (video)
4061 7 2016-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 464961 ft
United States

This is a video I made showing flight data playback - available with the DJI Go app - synchronized with the (admittedly not particularly compelling) video shot during that flight. You can see the flight path, orientation, altitude, speed, distance, and operating controls position, and gimbal position information during the flight. Very, very cool feature.

Note: the first minute and a half and the last two minutes are played back in real time. The portion between is sped up.

Also, the video is posted in high quality so it would be worth watching in fullscreen mode if you want to see app detail.

2016-4-9
Use props
andrewkehn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128123 ft
United States

Can. you please tell me how to do that. I  want to do the same thing with the two  screens but don't know how
2016-4-9
Use props
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
United States

andrewkehn Posted at 2016-4-9 09:17
Can. you please tell me how to do that. I  want to do the same thing with the two  screens but don ...

• I connect my iPad to iMac via lightning cable.
  • I use QuickTime to view the iPad's contents and to view the Phantom video.
  • Then, I use a product called Camtasia to record the screen while both videos are playing.

It's a little challenging to get the timing just right but it works.
Camtasia also has great editing features so I can speed up that middle portion.

HTH.
2016-4-9
Use props
davidson201230
New

United States

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to run the DJI Go app when fly. When I go back to view the flight data, the map does not show up. I can only see the red arrow representing my aircraft and the yellow flight path. I can however see the map on my iPad 3. Do you know why the map shows up on my iPad tablet but not on my android phone?
2016-4-26
Use props
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
United States

davidson201230 Posted at 2016-4-27 02:17
I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to run the DJI Go app when fly. When I go back to view the flight ...

Not sure.

Did you connect the Samsung to network (internet) and allow it to cache the map location?
2016-4-27
Use props
treeder651
New

United States

markdaviesmedia Posted at 2016-4-28 01:53
Not sure.

Did you connect the Samsung to network (internet) and allow it to cache the map locatio ...

I'm trying to do something different but it seems like you might know how. Will Quicktime allow me to download the video files from my Ipad (DJI Go app) to my PC? When I sync with Itunes, the videos do not show up, so I'm assuming that they are embedded in the DJI Go app. For some reason, they are not on my SD card, but they are on the Ipad. Thanks in advance.

Tom
2016-4-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A nice demonstration Mark, thanks for that
2016-4-27
Use props
HAILSTONE AERIAL FILMS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536781 ft
New Zealand

markdaviesmedia Posted at 2016-4-9 14:24
  • I connect my iPad to iMac via lightning cable.
  • I use QuickTime to view the iPad's contents and to view the Phantom video.
  • Then, I use a product called Camtasia to record the screen while both videos are playing.

• Hi there,

I tried this but I cant get the flight path video to play on my pc. I cant find the flight path video at all. I have plugged my ipad into my computer but the only files I can access are photo's. Please help
    2019-7-13
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules