Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 questions
2568 10 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
macguyca.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106946 ft
Canada

Can you upgrade the inspire 1 to v2 and is it worth it ? I heard the props could have issues flying off is there any truth to that.
Also i have three batteries less than 1hr on them but have really only been using one. Today i went to chaege them all up a and two wont take a charge nor will they power on the inspire are they bricked or fixable?
2016-4-7
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I) The Inspire 1 V1 can be updated using the new style 1345T props and hubs. They work great and are easy to change. No they do not fly off.....  I have been using them for some time now and love the way they work...... easy peasy....
thread discussion on these props:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-33012-1-1.html

hubs: http://store.dji.com/product/ins ... er-installation-kit
props: http://store.dji.com/product/ins ... -release-propellers

If you would like to upgrade the inspire 1 V1 to the newer V2 this would need to go back to the LA Shop for the cost estimate. They change to the new DJI 3510H motor and new ESC's. Not sure this is worth it if you are not planning on using the X5R camera (extra weight)

2) Sorry to hear that your batteries are not charging or giving you any response. This could indicate the batteries have dropped below the design voltage. If they are under 6 months old the DJI warranty should cover them and you would need to send them back to DJI on a repair ticket.

I just updated all of my Inspire 1 V1 and all of my 8 batteries, plus two remotes. I just came back from flying with the new firmware update. The Inspire flew great and the video worked nicely.

Rich

2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Both the older props with locks and the V2 props work great when installed correctly. And as Rich said, fully updating your I1 to a V2 would have to come in and get done BUT DJI is really not into customizing so I'm not sure they would do it. I guess it would depend on the workload. Everything except for the motors/ESC's can be done very quickly and the kit is $100.

As fas as your batteries, can you give me more info. It's weird that you have 2 batteries that do the same thing. How long have they been sitting, can you post a video of trying to powering it on. The battery warranty is 6 months so they should be covered under warranty.
2016-4-7
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-7 19:15
Both the older props with locks and the V2 props work great when installed correctly. And as Rich sa ...

Hi Ken

I thought
I read something by DJI that you could send your inspire 1 V1 to have it upgraded with the new motors and ESC's. If this is incorrect, I will retract what I said............. last thing I want to do is give bad information

Rich
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

I'm not sure, when I asked the shop a few months ago they said probably not. But it may have changed. I will ask tomorrow and let you know.
2016-4-7
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>

DJI does not do upgrades of the craft (same as Ken, I checked a few months ago). A number of us who have V1 and V2 have observed that the differences if you are using the craft as a flying camera (and not a racing drone) aren't practically noticeable. Flight times etc, abt the same.

If you want to upgrade yourself, it is possible by going to Hong Kong vendors who sell parts. Different vendors sell different parts. For example http://www.helipal.com/repair-pa ... ire-1-pro-v2-0.html

That's going to set you back about $700 for a 4 motor+ ESC change before S &H.  IMO, not worth it till you have logged like 100h or so on your craft and are thinking of protecting your investment against component failure.
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-4-8 13:30
DJI does not do upgrades of the craft (same as Ken, I checked a few months ago). A number of us who  ...

I totally agree. If you want a V2 just because, you should keep your V1. Now if you want to carry the X5 camera, the V1 is still totally fine just more sluggish and a few minutes less flight time. You can buy a few more batteries to make up for it.
But if you need longer flight times and want to use the X5, then you should just sell your V2 and get a V2.
That's just my opinion.
I've flown the V1 with the X3,X5, and X5R. If I have a really old Inspire, then I would sell it and get a V2. If it was a newer Inspire V1, then I'd just keep it an buy the $100 adapter kit and a few more batteries.
2016-4-8
Use props
macguyca.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106946 ft
Canada

Thank you
2016-4-10
Use props
najrobotics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69 ft
  • >>>
Iran

I have a problem with gimbal X3. The yaw set-point angle has 30 degrees deviations after calibration has been done.
what should I do?
2016-4-16
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

najrobotics@gma Posted at 2016-4-16 06:53
I have a problem with gimbal X3. The yaw set-point angle has 30 degrees deviations after calibration ...

I noticed this on my last camera calibration also, though it was just me.  But when I Reset the gimbal on the Go app before a flight ,  It straightens out.
(The camera reset is on the Go app main screen, when in stanby mode it gives the option to : Follow, FPV, Free , and Reset ) I press the Reset and make sure I am in Follow mode.

I hope this helps, and I totally understand you situation as it did the same thing to me. The next update I bet  will  "Straighten " it out ( Pun Inteded )

donnie  

2016-4-16
Use props
Flory
Flight distance : 2277503 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can upgrade it with the new gimbal and the new 3510h Motors direct replacement
2016-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules