5769 12 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Is it actually possible to delete log files from DJI birds internal memory? What is the capacity of this memory? Files looks fat, with about 30 entries download was about 2GB in size and took 45 minutes. I'm pretty sure DJI Go app few versions back allowed for "Format flight data recorder", but this button's gone ... Not that I need to, just curious.
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

The very early versions had this feature. Now you can not delete the flight data in the app
2016-4-8
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-8 16:18
The very early versions had this feature. Now you can not delete the flight data in the app

DJI-Tim, you've confirmed my knowledge about this issue, thank you. However, my curiosity remains unsatisfied :
Q1: What is the capacity of Inspire/Phantom internal flight data storage?
Q2: How to wipe of/format this storage?

Regards.
2016-4-8
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-4-9 02:57
DJI-Tim, you've confirmed my knowledge about this issue, thank you. However, my curiosity remains  ...

Non-DJI answers:

Q1: The SD Card is a 4GB card:
FLYLOG_DRV.png
Q2: The Flight Data Recorder currently uses circular logging -> deletes the oldest logs to make room for new logs when the SD Card fills up. Currently there is no published way to reformat the Flight Data Recorder as it's similar to an aircraft black box.... It's not designed and implemented for end-user maintenance other than viewing & downloading the logs..
4-GO_Success_Data_Mode.png

2016-4-8
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

Although I'm not going to share how in this arena it is actually quite easy to clear all data from the flight log. No matter when the aircraft was produced.
2016-4-8
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

terrylewis Posted at 2016-4-8 13:33
Non-DJI answers:

Q1: The SD Card is a 4GB card:

OK, Terry (?), I'm satisfied now ... This means that pretty soon new flights data will erase previous ones. Makes sense since we usually need to examine only very last record, if something went really bad. Thank you.
2016-4-8
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

njabinc Posted at 2016-4-8 15:04
Although I'm not going to share how in this arena it is actually quite easy to clear all data from t ...

Would you tell us why you want to keep this secret to yourself? Don't get me wrong, just curiosity ...
2016-4-8
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-4-8 23:22
Would you tell us why you want to keep this secret to yourself? Don't get me wrong, just curiosity ...

Not keeping to myself at all actually quite willing to share it. By announcing such I ceased keeping it too myself I only prefaced such with a limitation on the venue in which I would share it. Anyone wishing to learn need simply to pm. Considering who's forum this is ask yourself how long such an enlightening post might stay considering the lengths that have been gone to withhold.
2016-4-9
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

njabinc Posted at 2016-4-9 13:42
Not keeping to myself at all actually quite willing to share it. By announcing such it's existance  ...

Oh, I get it ... After all it's not a big issue, just mine never ending crusade after the knowledge ...
2016-4-9
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-4-8 20:20
OK, Terry (?), I'm satisfied now ... This means that pretty soon new flights data will erase previ ...

Although the internal SD card is 4 GB old flights start getting erased when the card reaches 2.5 GB.
2016-4-17
Use props
efstathiadis
lvl.1
Greece

njabinc Posted at 2016-4-9 22:42
Not keeping to myself at all actually quite willing to share it. By announcing such I ceased keepin ...

hi efstathios greece
I have inspare 1
lease help I'm getting a mc date error where it should say safe to fly.
Drone works and flys perfectly apart from this error message.
Also Windows is unable to format the internal flight recorder sd car
please help to clear all data from the flight log.
for 10 days passed my guarantee and I asked to send it in for repair.
thank you
rps20160418_183025.jpg
rps20160418_183056.jpg
rps20160418_183119.jpg
2016-4-19
Use props
quantonjim
New

Germany

njabinc Posted at 2016-4-9 21:42
Not keeping to myself at all actually quite willing to share it. By announcing such I ceased keepin ...

Hi NJABINC,

actually, i find it very annoing that DJI seems to collect all the logs for a long time on the SD card. It is clear that maybe the last 5 flights would be useful - either for tracking people doing

stuipid stuff with their copters or for debugging purposes - but in case i e.g. want to sell my phantom, i find it quite annoying to not have the possibility to clear the memory (which would

not be possible in any case after a crash caused by being stupid..).

Unfortunately, the forum here seems not to allow PMs. - I highly would appreciate some feedback on this one however, as i would maybe even return my phantom back due to this..

Can you please let me know how this can be done ? - I can be reached via "quantonjim a_t gmail d_o_t com" - just replace the words with the _s with the appropriate symbols.

I would even pay you a few bucks for a hint here as sending my phantom back would cost me more..

Cheers

J.

2016-4-24
Use props
fans44a5f518
lvl.1
Flight distance : 764423 ft
Ukraine

njabinc Posted at 2016-4-8 13:04
Although I'm not going to share how in this arena it is actually quite easy to clear all data from the flight log. No matter when the aircraft was produced.

Hi, can you please share the way to erase flight logs from the drone internal memory? You can contact me at: malusik05 (at) outlook (dot) com
2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules