Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brand new Osmo won't work...WIFI
3591 13 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damian82
lvl.1

United States

This thing is pretty underwhelming...  I absoulutly can't get it to connect to ANY device for more than a minute, if at all.  Can't get video out of it, obviously.  Did the WIFI reset thing, nothing.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Just bought a phantom 4 and it's great, shame this thing sucks.
2016-4-7
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, what device/s are you using? (make sure its compatible),maybe a couple things to check, SD card, format it using the app, also depends on your device/s power/performance, also try changing the wifi from 2.4ghz to 5.8ghz, any other strong wifi traffic near/around you? also try switching back and fourth from camera to video a few times in the app.  
2016-4-7
Use props
damian82
lvl.1

United States

Did all the above, tried it with Samsung S6 Edge, HTC One, Nexus 7, none can hold a connection for more than 30 seconds, and will only connect one out of every 30 tries.
And I can't upgrade the firmware because by the time I get it connected, the battery is below 50%
2016-4-7
Use props
damian82
lvl.1

United States

I even turned off everything that uses wifi in my house, and I live on the middle of 40 Acres, so there was no other WIFI signal, and still can't connect.
2016-4-7
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Australia

damian82 Posted at 2016-4-8 14:54
Did all the above, tried it with Samsung S6 Edge, HTC One, Nexus 7, none can hold a connection for m ...

Hi, charge your battery, then use the SD card to upgrade, not the app
2016-4-7
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Australia

damian82 Posted at 2016-4-8 14:56
I even turned off everything that uses wifi in my house, and I live on the middle of 40 Acres, so th ...

You may have already tried but remove the app and reinstall it
2016-4-7
Use props
damian82
lvl.1

United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-4-8 03:17
You may have already tried but remove the app and reinstall it

Tried that too.  Tomorrow I have a micro SD adapter coming from Amazon, so I'll try to install the update on the card and see if that helps.  But it seems like it's a bum device.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
We'll be here waiting for your further feedback!
If you don't have a SD card reader but a micro-USB cable, you can also connect the SD card to your PC via the micro-USB cable. Lock the gimbal (the Osmo will beep, don't worry), plug in SD card and connect to your PC. Download the firmware from our official website (http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads) and extract the bin file to the root directory of the SD card, unplug the micro-USB cable, keep the Osmo on (ensure the batter has 50% power), the Osmo will upgrade itself automatically.
Don't worry, we'll try to help out.
With the latest firmware version, it should work more stably.
2016-4-8
Use props
damian82
lvl.1

United States

updated, now there's just a steady beeping along with poor wifi connection.  All gimbals unlocked, and a steady fast beep.  Also, is it normal for the gimbal to just be sitting in the gimbal?  I can just lift it right out of the handle.
2016-4-8
Use props
damian82
lvl.1

United States

working, I'm sure that last post raised flags for people who have an osmo and know how it works.  The lock to hold the gimbal in was open, and wasn't getting a good connection.  It's working now and seams 100% reliable
2016-4-8
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Australia

damian82 Posted at 2016-4-9 02:18
working, I'm sure that last post raised flags for people who have an osmo and know how it works.  Th ...

Good to see you have fixed the problem!, just recheck the FW update to see if it was successful, was the FW put onto the osmo while the gimble ring/lock loose, or was the update put on after you tightened the gimble ring?
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

damian82 Posted at 2016-4-9 02:18
working, I'm sure that last post raised flags for people who have an osmo and know how it works.  Th ...

Glad that you get it works!
Next, you may be interested in these Osmo tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=osmo+tutorial&nohtml5=False
Enjoy!
If you need any help, please feel free to contact us.
Thanks for your support!
2016-4-10
Use props
tobymuse
New
Colombia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-8 04:45
Hello!
We'll be here waiting for your further feedback!
If you don't have a SD card reader but a mi ...

Hi,
I've had nothing but problems trying to upgrade the firmware. I tried using wi-fi and it got to 96% and then the camera turned off (battery was fully charged). Then tried using the sd card - but now have a new problem - when I turn on the camera, the left light stays green and the right light stays red. I can't connect the camera or anything. Any suggestions?
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

tobymuse@gmail. Posted at 2016-4-12 02:13
Hi,
I've had nothing but problems trying to upgrade the firmware. I tried using wi-fi and it got t ...

Hi,
What the model of your mobile device is? Are you sure that your mobile device is compatible with the DJI GO App? It seems that your device just run out of memory and couldn't handle the upgrade. Kindly please check it.

As you can see in the User Maual (P12), it tells us that if the system status indicator (the right one) lit solid red, it means it detects a Non-DJI battery. So, is your batter Non-DJI? Please check your battery and keep it fully charged with DJI charger. Check the connection of the battery.

Now, please format your SD card in the DJI GO App if possible, download the latest firmware from our official website and extract the bin file to the root directory of the SD card, insert it into the camera. Press the Trigger button + Record button, and then slide the Power Switch, when you see the indicator blink red and green alternately, release all of the buttons and switch. After that the Osmo will upgrade itself automatically in normal situation.
If above steps do not work for you, please let me know.

Wait for your reply!
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules