New Phantom 4 gimball make noise
1141 7 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

I just open my Phantom 4 box.. i try gimbal and it sound like this, any idea what is wrong?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9lyrpp ... 2015.05.11.mov?dl=0

2016-4-8
Use props
waynekerryattew
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Mine does this too, do I need to send it back?
2016-4-15
Use props
TK-421
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-15
Use props
robotizen
lvl.2
United States

The noise is interesting and could be a quality control issue. I wonder if this is what is causing some user's to experience the camera not level to the horizon. Might be the gimbal does not have enough torque to overcome some internal sticking or binding on some units. My P4 has no sound from the gimbal (perfectly smooth motion)  and has no pan/tilt issues that I've noticed anyway.
2016-4-15
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-15 11:57
That's the ribbon cable in the gimbal. The jury is still out as to whether this is an issue or not.. ...

4th?   what the heck are you doing to the poor things!!!!   lol  

could be the cable inside.   im wondering if ville has tried starting the drone and seeing if it works.   my P4 gimbal moves perfectly freely and i have no sound.   but microphones recording the videos are much more sensitive and pick up every little sound they make
2016-4-15
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

I have that same exact sound on my gimbal I'm not sure if this will be problem on the long run I'm on my second exchange and my first P4 didn't do that.
2016-4-15
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

This problem has started to surface on youtube and on other forums it is too early to know whether this is going to be a major issue or not.
2016-4-15
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-15 08:57
That's the ribbon cable in the gimbal. The jury is still out as to whether this is an issue or not.. ...

My first P4 had no issues I should've have kept it but I got an exchange because it had excessive amount of noise on the video .
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules