Inspire 1
1215 10 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnootz
lvl.2
United States

Hey everyone,

I have not used my Inspire 1 in about 6 months, and then it was only a couple of flights.  What should I do prior to flying again?  Thank you for any advice...

John
2016-4-8
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

John,   Make sure you charge all your batteries, and I would cycle them after a short test hop   you are going to have to find out what version of Firmware  you currently have on it.  Do this by turning everything on so that you are in "Standby Mode" now go to general settings on the Go app. ( Which I would delete off your old Tablet and get the latest version)  Go to "general settings" and the '"About" tab.  this will tell you where you stand.  Now you can jump updates provided the RC is past version 1.3 and so is the Aircraft.  Keep in mind that you do have a battery update as well.  Each battery will be updated one by on after a successful install of the aircrafts firmware.  I am going to suggest that you read the latest manual on the Inspire cover to cover and also my "tips" Page .  It applies to the Phantom but the programming rules are the same. If you get stuck send me an e mail and I will  help you out.  Just remember to go slow and get youself up to speed by reading up on the manual.  Be sure to go to the Inspire page and read the release notes as well.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

donnie

2016-4-8
Use props
johnootz
lvl.2
United States

Thank you Donnie, look like I have some work to do!
2016-4-8
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

Send everything to me, Ill fly it for a couple weeks and if all is good I will ship it back! lol If something happens im sure you will hear about it on the forums ahahahahaha
2016-4-8
Use props
johnootz
lvl.2
United States

Ha!  It's in the mail!
2016-4-9
Use props
johnootz
lvl.2
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-8 12:58
John,   Make sure you charge all your batteries, and I would cycle them after a short test h ...

Aircraft and RC were at V 1.2.0.17.  I am upgrading the aircraft to the latest, is that ok?
2016-4-14
Use props
johnootz
lvl.2
United States

My Inspire is now V 1.8.01.00 but my controller is 1.3.  How do I update the controller?
2016-4-14
Use props
johnootz
lvl.2
United States

Donnie,

I'm one of those morons that didn't read enough when upgrading my Inspire aircraft and RC.  I now have my aircraft upgraded to 1.8 and the RC is upgraded to 1.6.  I haven't gone any further because I want to make sure I haven't screwed anything up by jumping around like I did.  I've read all the upgrade texts and all say success.  Do you have any suggestions for me to make sure everything cool before I fly?  I also upgraded my batteries.  I apologize for being a pain.  I will read instructions entirely before proceeding from now on....

Respectfully,
John
2016-4-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

johnootz Posted at 2016-4-14 19:58
Donnie,

I'm one of those morons that didn't read enough when upgrading my Inspire aircraft and RC.  ...

John , No Worries, If you have the RC , Aircraft and Batteries all updated and you are not receiving any warnings on the Go App- You are good to go. ( Sorry I did not get back to you sooner also )

I would just do some short test hops to get back in the groove and also watch the battery voltage carefully for any sudden drops in  voltage or  battery warnings.   I would also cycle those e batteries like we talked about in a previous post.  If the Aircraft was stored in a area of dust I would gently blow out the motor housings to make sure no dust or debis fell down in there  , double check all of the prop locks and check your props for any damage, if anything is suspect I would replace.  I would fly on the simulator  as well to sharpen skills.  
Make sure you calibrate the IMU and Camera Gimbal, Make sure on a perfect level surface and of course do a Compass calibration as well.   I would be sure to do a compass calibration in a open are at least 10+ feet from the RC.  Make sure you have no metal on your person, no change in your pocket.  Just do it once and do it properly.  After that , I would only do compass calibration if flying more than 150 miles from that site or after updating the aircraft.  The only exception woudl be after a crash and if the craft starts  flying  a bit eratically .  

Be sure to clear the SD card so that you have a fresh formated SD card for any new recordings you may wish to do.  Also by clearing the SD card you don' t leave any Firmware on the Card that could corrupt  the next download.   

Have fun, if you ever need more help or cant find an answer to a question on the forum, just e-mail me and I will do my best to help you.

Cheers- donnie                               donaldjames1990@gmail.com  
2016-4-15
Use props
johnootz
lvl.2
United States

Thank you Donnie. Taking your advice and will let you know how it goes...John
2016-4-15
Use props
johnootz
lvl.2
United States

Donnie,

Took your advice, did several test flights.  Everything went fine and checked out ok.  Thank you again for your help!

John
2016-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules