3778 15 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

http://www.nushield.com/

Thought this deserved its own thread.

I ordered on Aptil 1st and it was delivered April 8th. A few cents under $30 shipped for my tablet, an Acer Iconia Tab 10. For some unknown reason, Acer put the front camera offset from the center of the tablet. NuShield notified me they had to custom make my shield and I thought that custom meant custom. As seen in the following pictures, the camera hole in the shield does not line up with the camera on the tablet. For $30, and being custom made specifically for my brand/model tablet, you would think they could get it right. But alas.

The screen size fitment is spot on,  perfect I would say. Certainly a far cry better than the cheap 3 pack shields I ordered from Amazon that were returned the same day because the fitment was just so off. Again, see in the pictures. I have'nt tried it in the sun, but I think it will be a massive improvement.  

Before

Before

Camera Hole

Camera Hole

Not lined up.

Not lined up.

With Camera hole lined up

With Camera hole lined up

Lined Up

Lined Up

Shield flipped to opposite side

Shield flipped to opposite side

After

After

After

After
2016-4-8
Use props
mrbillgill1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

I await mine for my iPad mini. UK delivery could be interesting - their website seems to think Glasgow is in Wales, which doesn't bode well for getting it any time soon
2016-5-2
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

I got one for my iPad and tried it in the open on a sunny day! Not much help for me though.
Please let me know what you think, once you take it out on a sunny day.
Thanks
2016-5-2
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

I really like it. Harder to clean than the screen without the shield is. But perfect otherwise for the reason it was purchased.

Good luck on a speedy delivery. Take your time installing it and be certain the tablet screen itself is as clean as you can get it.
And I also highly recommend one of these hats:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131541292193

4 (Custom).JPG
2016-5-2
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

I have it on my Ipad4mini and have used it now for over 7 months in the Australian sun. I love it!!! Don't ever need a hood.
2016-5-3
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-5-3 21:54
I have it on my Ipad4mini and have used it now for over 7 months in the Australian sun. I love it!!! ...

And yet I'm not very impressed with mine, I can say in all honesty that it has done nothing for mine!! I got the same one as you did, and installed it without any bubbles or issues but it just hasn't helped any. Maybe they sent me a dud one!! Lol
2016-5-13
Use props
John Boy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-14 07:21
And yet I'm not very impressed with mine, I can say in all honesty that it has done nothing for mi ...

Same here rayrokni......i noticed a tiny...and i mean tiny difference,not impressed at all sadly.
2016-5-14
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-14 14:21
And yet I'm not very impressed with mine, I can say in all honesty that it has done nothing for mi ...

Rayrokni, John boy. Are you sure that you have removed all films, on the film.
I did a comparison with a friends iPad and my iPad 4 mini with the Nushield was visibly much better.

I'm also just wondering if the device screen coming itself helps, because I know the Apple ipad4 mini already has a low reflective coating applied by the manufacturer. The nushield combined with the pre-coated screen may be making all the difference. (Just a thought.....)
2016-5-14
Use props
John Boy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi dji-p3p1.....yes i removed both films.....there was one piece of film on each side of the Nushield.Cleaned my tablet thoroughly before applying it also.But unfortunately it has only made a barely noticeable difference.
2016-5-14
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I agree - it's a lot of money for hardly any difference.
2016-5-21
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

While I agree they are overpriced, they indeed make a substantial difference in my opinion.
2016-5-21
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-5-3 14:54
I have it on my Ipad4mini and have used it now for over 7 months in the Australian sun. I love it!!! ...

What version do you have? Thanks..
2016-5-21
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FAS1 Posted at 2016-5-21 19:25
While I agree they are overpriced, they indeed make a substantial difference in my opinion.

Can I also ask which version you are using? Thanks.
2016-5-21
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

mrbill Posted at 2016-5-21 18:30
Can I also ask which version you are using? Thanks.

DayVu.....
2016-5-21
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

I got one last month.
Here is  a video I did showing the results of the shield

2016-5-21
Use props
dji-p3p1