LITCHI gurus please help troubleshoot
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike_fnq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

I have an issue with executing a Litchi waypoint  mission I have planned on ios version.

Issue: the heading (and therefore camera) does not point at the nominated point of interest for the waypoints. The heading remains in the direction of flight to the first waypoint and does not change.

Planning method used:
  • Flight path was created in Google Earth due to available imagery in Litchi not current enough.
  • That path was imported into Litchi mission hub and heights added then saved.
  • That mission was then loaded and refined on ios app with POI added, curved paths. Mission setting for heading was set to "custom"
  • Mission flown with the stated issue.
  • Various mission heading settings changed with the following results: "Auto" aircraft points to next waypoint (as expected); "Manual" manual control of heading (as expected)

Overall Mission

Overall Mission

Typical Waypoint setting

Typical Waypoint setting

Mission Settings

Mission Settings
2016-4-9
Use props
johnlaroux
lvl.2

United States

Im pretty sure you have to have Path set to straight lines in settings.  Also you might have better luck using discussions at the bottom of the flylitchi.com  page.  And on each waypoint setting that you want to look at poi  set  gimbal pitch to focus poi.
2016-4-9
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

In Mission Settings you need to set heading to Custom before you plan the mission, I guess you had it set to Initial.
2016-4-9
Use props
Mike_fnq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

birdingbilly Posted at 2016-4-10 08:38
In Mission Settings you need to set heading to Custom before you plan the mission, I guess you had i ...

Thanks to both for replies,
@johnlaroux I'm pretty sure it's meant to work in curved paths as well, I've seen youtube footage of this. You can see on my waypoint image above it is set "POI Focus". Thanks for the tip on the Litchi forum was looking for it and have now posted there too.

@birdingbilly I can't see where you can preset this in hub or at all. But if I reimport the kml as soon as I set  a POI it realigns all waypoint headings to it so I assume it is set at "custom" by default.
2016-4-9
Use props
jimdow528
lvl.2

United States

I'm trying to use curved convergent non-traditional (non-linear/non-parallel) flight lines to a) mitigate the systematic Structure-from-Motion doming/dishing (elevation) error and b) obtain a more diverse view perspective.  I have access to a new waypoint generator that exports the mission plan as a) csv file, b) kmz/kml file, or c) shp [shape] file.  I have been trying to figure out how to import one of these file formats into Litchi; but as of today, I have been unsuccessful.  Can it be done?  Here's a couple examples of the mission plans: a) a long narrow corridor and b) a one square mile open pit mine area.  I plan on flying these jobs using a long-endurance fixed-wing drone - hence, I'm planning the required turnout loops as well.

I'm trying to figure this out in order to use curved flight lines for other types of drones as well.
2019-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules