lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey all, I'm a new flyer and wondered if anyone in my area? Thanks
2016-4-9
Use props
John Boy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Wiggo......There are a few of us Essex boys on here.
I'm in the Chelmsford area,new ish flyer myself too.
2016-4-10
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yeah I'm in Colchester
2016-4-10
Use props
Wiggo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Good to know others in area, where do you guys fly mostly?
2016-4-11
Use props
wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Morning...
Near Chelmsford here.  
Tend to fly on beaches and in the open countryside....  Driving out to Suffolk and plenty of open spaces there

Ian
2016-4-11
Use props
John Boy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Same as Ian (Wellsi).......and i thoroughly recommend you check out his videos.......awesome
2016-4-12
Use props
Wiggo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

wellsi Posted at 2016-4-12 06:43
Morning...
Near Chelmsford here.  
Tend to fly on beaches and in the open countryside....  Driving o ...

Hi Ian
Lovely part of the world to film and fly around, went to Southwold on Friday as was hoping to get some flight time in but sadly bit too windy once we got there. I will be attending BMFA Drone Awareness weekend at Eye airfield in Suffolk on Saturday afternoon to hopefully meet some fellow pilots.

Steve
2016-4-12
Use props
Wiggo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

John Boy Posted at 2016-4-12 09:35
Same as Ian (Wellsi).......and i thoroughly recommend you check out his videos.......awesome

Morning John, thanks for accepting friend request, good to know a few other local enthusiasts around and will definitely take a look at Ians' videos
2016-4-12
Use props
wellsi
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiggo Posted at 2016-4-12 09:57
Hi Ian
Lovely part of the world to film and fly around, went to Southwold on Friday as was hoping  ...

Hi Wiggo
Saving Southwold for slightly better weather.  Had a great day at Bawdsey Beach over Easter:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-48049-1-1.html

And I did Mersea Island a few weeks back.  http://forum.dji.com/thread-46135-1-1.html

Cheers for the good words John, but it's all in the editing    You don't see all the jagged moves and confused hovering that I edit out.

Went down to Bradwell on Sea to the 7th century church at the weekend; will be posting that one up soon
Enjoy the drone-awareness Wiggo; let us know any good tips you get.
Cheers

Ian

2016-4-12
Use props
Wiggo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

-=RaM=- Posted at 2016-4-10 11:13
Yeah I'm in Colchester

Hey thanks for reply, where do you do most of your flying at the moment?
2016-4-12
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I go out into the country side mostly I know a few quiet spots, there's a nice common in Langenhoe that i use to practise on,the weathers been pretty rubbish lately though so I haven't flown in a while,hopefully that will change in a while though.

I really want to put the P3 high up on Abbey fields to capture the town but I'm a bit worried about the Garrison close by!

I would also like to fly over Orford Ness thats a pretty cool place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orford_Ness
2016-4-12
Use props
newhamish
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196450 ft
United States

Hi i live in Clacton and had my drone for a few weeks now too. I fly mainly near beaches and open countryside when i come across it driving.
2016-4-12
Use props
Johnc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20823 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys, I live in Sudbury. I've not flown for long and always looking for good places to fly.
2016-4-12
Use props
Wiggo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Johnc Posted at 2016-4-12 18:12
Hi guys, I live in Sudbury. I've not flown for long and always looking for good places to fly.

Hi John
Thanks for posting, I've flown over West and East Mersea quite a bit as lots of open space to practice. I'm off to Eye Airfield this weekend as drone awareness event on between 12pm and 4pm and thought it would be good to meet a few fellow pilots. Might pick up some tips. If you want more info let me know
2016-4-14
Use props
Wiggo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

-=RaM=- Posted at 2016-4-12 15:11
I go out into the country side mostly I know a few quiet spots, there's a nice common in Langenhoe t ...

I'm going to try Friday woods in the next week or so as quite open there. Will let you know how I get on, know what you mean about Abbey Fields, i like idea of Castle Park but have similar concerns to you
2016-4-14
Use props
wellsi
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

-=RaM=- Posted at 2016-4-12 15:11
I go out into the country side mostly I know a few quiet spots, there's a nice common in Langenhoe t ...

We've been thinking about Orford Ness too.  It's all Natural Trust property; do they have a policy on drones.....?  You may have to take off from the main land..

Ian
2016-4-14
Use props
Mutnic
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Gents,

I am in the Rayleigh area. A newbie to drones and with only a maiden flight under my belt.  

I would enjoy meeting up and sharing advice and flying spots to use etc.
2016-4-14
Use props
paul.bertram
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Brentwood myself. Lots of open space around here.
2016-4-14
Use props
paul.bertram
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Put some videos on you tube : https://youtu.be/giGypFhiYe4 and https://youtu.be/kUgk2NBuMRM
2016-4-14
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Wiggo Posted at 2016-4-14 21:08
I'm going to try Friday woods in the next week or so as quite open there. Will let you know how I  ...

I think the castle park would be a busy..Shame as the castle would be a great location..
2016-4-15
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.3

United Kingdom

wellsi Posted at 2016-4-14 21:45
We've been thinking about Orford Ness too.  It's all Natural Trust property; do they have a policy ...

I've been fishing over there a few times,its an awesome place...Im not 100% on this but i think you can do pretty much what you want from the low tide mark so taking off from there would be the same as doing from the mainland... If you flew from the mainland and the drone came down on the Island it would be a pain to recover as the ferryman only go's across twice a day.

If I did it I would prob combine it with a days fishing.

I want to do the Naze at Walton to as the tower is now open...This could be done early in the morning in the summer.
2016-4-15
Use props
wellsi
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

paul.bertram Posted at 2016-4-15 00:01
Put some videos on you tube : and

Paul,
Edit: links working fine now; they look good videos
Ian
2016-4-15
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.3

United Kingdom

wellsi Posted at 2016-4-15 14:02
Paul,
Ian

Awesome shoots as always..Thanks Paul
2016-4-16
Use props
Wiggo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

wellsi Posted at 2016-4-15 14:02
Paul,
Ian

Great looking videos mate
2016-4-16
Use props
John M3
New

Thailand

newhamish Posted at 2016-4-12 08:33
Hi i live in Clacton and had my drone for a few weeks now too. I fly mainly near beaches and open countryside when i come across it driving.

Hi
I am new to this forum
I am a complete novice so i have a few questions
I live in Clacton so wouldn't mind meeting up with you next week
Cheers
John
2019-2-22
Use props
les allen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272 ft

United Kingdom

-=RaM=- Posted at 2016-4-15 02:40
I think the castle park would be a busy..Shame as the castle would be a great location..

Hi Colchester council have a enforcement ban on drone use over any of their land castle park high woods country park etc be careful where you fly
2019-12-15
Use props
les allen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/17704542.colchester-council-drones-are-banned/
2019-12-15
Use props
les allen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

wellsi Posted at 2016-4-14 12:45
We've been thinking about Orford Ness too.  It's all Natural Trust property; do they have a policy on drones.....?  You may have to take off from the main land..

Ian

Hi without explicit permission flying over nature reserves is banned by the local council
2019-12-15
Use props
Richard Baker
New

United Kingdom

Hello Everyone ive had a dji mavic air 2 for the past 4 months and live in Colchester in Essex is there anywhere i can fly Legally ? thanks
2021-4-18
Use props
stevee023
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Colchester Council has seemingly banned all flying over their land.  https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/17704542.colchester-council-drones-banned/

This policy seems to me to be ill-advised and ignorant with no quarter given for CCA operators and flyers and A2ofC - or being weight conscious. I fly a mini2 - so it would seem that even I can't fly my flying camera. As to the ignorant remarks posted against the article concerned, on that basis, all camera should be banned.
2022-7-31
Use props
ashkanmus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 216178 ft
United Kingdom

-=RaM=- Posted at 2016-4-10 02:13
Yeah I'm in Colchester

Same here, I'm in Colchester
2022-11-14
Use props
Advanced