Handling the Inspire 1 v2.0
530 2 2016-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

When I move the inspire around, I hold one of the arms and position the aircraft by my side. I find it's easy to carry it this way. Will the servos damage by holding the inspire this way? I hope not. The amount of money we spend on this aircraft, I'd hope the servos are durable.
2016-4-9
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

You posted two threads with the same content so I'll just reply to this one... There's one worm gear which transforms the Inspire, it should be fine to hold it by one arm for a short time but I try to avoid it. I usually hold it by the top dome but that also isn't really convenient for more than a few minutes. If you hold one arm, you're not putting much strain on the gear and it's metal so it should be pretty strong.

If you're doing the DJI dance (compass calibration), it's best to hold both arms but I've held mine by one arm occasionally when I need to move it around and it's fine.
2016-4-9
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Yeah that's my fault. I tried to post but this DJI app I'm using gave me an error so I posted again. Then I realized the previous post went through lol. Yeah I would hope the gearing that brings the arm up and down should be strong. I usually hold the right side arm when I move about. It's easier for me to carry than holding both arms. I would think if the inspire was on and I was handling the quad with the 1 arm... That wouldn't be good loll. Yeah I noticed the gearing is steel. I would assume it's a strong steel and not plastic like the Phantom series lol.
2016-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules