787 6 2016-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bennyboy1983
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141089 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, after recent firmware update on my p4, I'm now only getting 7 satellites, where as before the update I was getting 16, same conditions and I've tried flying elsewhere. Zero inference conditions and weather excellent. I've also gone backwards on the update and re installed it, to no avail. Anybody else had this?, can you shed any light Dji Tim?.
2016-4-10
Use props
robert.oehler
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I just completed the update last night, I was having drifting issues on the last couple flights.  Today I had two very successful flights.  As for my connection time to the satellites; on my end they have been picking them up faster.  I am in China if that makes a difference.
2016-4-10
Use props
jwt873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

For what it's worth..... I did the upgrade yesterday.  Right now I'm getting 11 satellites with the drone in the house sitting by a window.  

I haven't been able to fly yet to check things out.   We've been having very high winds (gusting to 50 Km/h -- 30 Mph)  for the last couple of days.
2016-4-10
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

I am getting only 7 or 8 where I was getting at least 11 before (my house in North Carolina - out in the woods, very little interference) after i did the FW upgrade. This also happened at another location that i like to fly at yesterday. I couldn't get a safe to fly (GPS) before i would take off, where i would get 16 satellites before. Once i launch, and go up about 100 feet, i start picking up satellites. This was not the case before the upgrade.
2016-4-10
Use props
robert.oehler
lvl.1

China

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-11 03:28
I am getting only 7 or 8 where I was getting at least 11 before (my house in North Carolina - out in ...

I had the opposite problem, I had to launch to acquire Sats prior to the firmware upgrade.  I am currently in China.
2016-4-11
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

Honestly this may be annoying to some but I recommend always  recalibrating every sensor on P4  after every firmware update. I had some small drifting issue before using this method and now I never have anything serious my Phantom-4 flys great and always gets a good gps lock.
2016-4-12
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

projeffrey11 Posted at 2016-4-12 16:11
Honestly this may be annoying to some but I recommend always  recalibrating every sensor on P4  afte ...

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that.
2016-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules