Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ascendedartist
New
Flight distance : 28419 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I am from the UK.  

I also managed to damage my drone but mine was in a park and unfortunately collided with some wispy low branches.  It only fell a few feet onto soft mud but it was enough to fling out the battery.  
There is no external damage but I have intermittent video transmission and the gimbal may have taken most of the blow.  Again there is no external damage but it could be internal.  I have only had it a week and I've been very careful with it.  I know accidents will happen but I am surprised a fall like this can damage it so easily.  A fall from a great height onto a concrete driveway I would know what to expect in the way of damage but a fall from a few feet onto muddy ground and still incur damage like this has surprised me a bit.  It's my first crash.  Before that I was flying it fine, not taking it up high at all and flying a a few metres off the ground, nothing ambitious...and then this happens.  I was flying at very low speed using GPS.  It is my fault but I thought the Phantom 4 would be a little sturdier.  It seems very delicate to me.  I have already e-mailed DJI for help and nope I wasn't even aware of DJI care! I bought mine from my local Apple store and they didn't mention any kind of care.  They just said they would email the receipt and I asked for one to be printed as well which I have.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to get it repaired?

Thanks guys
2016-4-10
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

may B Live Support can Help U out
2016-4-10
Use props
Ryanuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Clean it, put it back into the box, and go back to apple and ask for a replacement.
2016-4-10
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
Canada

Ryanuk Posted at 2016-4-10 16:13
Clean it, put it back into the box, and go back to apple and ask for a replacement.

Great demonstration of Ethical behavior there.

Here's what you do - you contact DJI, ship it to them for repairs, and then pay for it.
2016-4-10
Use props
treeboyy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604747 ft
United States

Sorry about the crash, that's a bummer! I don't really have any suggestion for the repair or even the problem, but, from a pilot friend of mine who assures me that the higher you fly the safer you are the lower the more fun but "danger Will Robinson".
2016-4-10
Use props
ascendedartist
New
United Kingdom

Damager Posted at 2016-4-10 21:17

Here's what you do - you contact DJI, ship it to t ...

Yep.  I've already e-mailed them and explained what happened.  Hopefully they will come back to me soon and let me know how much this will cost me.  It's a cool little drone, but to be amen out by a little branch is just typical of my luck!
2016-4-10
Use props
ascendedartist
New
United Kingdom

treeboyy Posted at 2016-4-10 21:20
Sorry about the crash, that's a bummer! I don't really have any suggestion for the repair or even th ...

Thanks treeboyy.  I'll just see what DJI have to say as a means to dig myself out of this hole and have a working drone again soon.  The thing performed so well and is now messed up by a damned branch??  
I'm trying not to feel too irritated!  I flew low for a reason and I still got stung!
2016-4-10
Use props
ascendedartist
New
United Kingdom

SajidShah Posted at 2016-4-10 21:00
may B Live Support can Help U out

Yeah maybe.  Thanks for your help
2016-4-10
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft

Well never admit to crashing it. I've heard of people returning it to apple so you could try that. Oh and by the way, you said you weren't flying it high but if you fly it high enough then you can't crash it!
2016-4-10
Use props
Ryanuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Damager Posted at 2016-4-10 21:17

Here's what you do - you contact DJI, ship it to t ...

Sorry I didnt realise one of the forum rules was we had to be "ethical"
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash. Who knows what could happen after the crash.Abnormal behavior can be expected after impact. So I'd suggest you to contact our service center in Europe for the RMA:
Email: support.eu@dji.com
Phone:+49(0)97479304200
Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM (German Time GMT+1:00)
Online Support:Monday to Friday, 11:00AM-6:00PM (Netherlands Time UTC/GMT +1)
2016-4-11
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

Ryanuk Posted at 2016-4-11 03:32
Sorry I didnt realise one of the forum rules was we had to be "ethical"

It's not a forum rule - it's a life rule.
2016-4-11
Use props
Ryanuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Damager Posted at 2016-4-11 15:29
It's not a forum rule - it's a life rule.

I live by my own rules thanks.
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules