Inspire 1 gimbal won't initialize
1450 1 2016-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

New Inspire 1, purchased end of December (26th), opened once to verify everything worked (which it did) and packed away until spring.  Today, took it out and connected GO app, which told me to update the RC, which I allowed it to and, yes, you guessed it, dead RC.  I was able to downgrade the RC to 1.6 using a USB drive and link to the Inspire but the gimbal doesn't initialize (it acts like it has no power) and there is no video but I do get telemetry (sat count, battery, etc) but no version details for anything in the GO app.

I've checked the connections to the gimbal (good, no bent pins).  Battery 100%.

Options?

2016-4-10
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

All better, I found a local with an older RC firmware and we where able to get things working.

Note to DJI:  in my opinion this issue was caused by DJI.  The GO app is supposed to be the sole mechanism to manage updates to aircraft and RC and in this case it was the GO app that told me to update the RC and not the aircraft.

Luckily it was an easy fix but I expect that isn't the case for everyone.

DJI, please for the GO app.  If there will be updates that depend on an order then the GO app should enforce the correct order.

Note: rollback never worked, the long-tough on the hat showed "not down-level firmware available" (yes I have internet connection).
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules