Looking for link to 1.5.8 firmware
3309 6 2016-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Support is asking me to downgrade to 1.5.8 but the GO app isn't showing it and I haven't found an online copy.  Does anyone have an old copy of 1.5.8 laying around?

Thanks,
Ken

2016-4-10
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Read this http://forum.dji.com/thread-46041-1-1.html
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

What FW are you using now?  Why you want to downgrade ? Maybe we can find another solution
2016-4-11
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-11 03:32
What FW are you using now?  Why you want to downgrade ? Maybe we can find another solution

The GO app told me I needed to update the RC (so I allowed it).  Then the RC won't connect to the Inspire 1.  I used the USB to install 1.6 and was able to link but I can't get the Inspire out of travel mode.  Support suggested I downgrade but the GO app tells me that there is no firmware to downgrade so I was looking for a bin I could load using the USB stick.

I was sent the file but the result says: downgrade not possible.  I'm stuck.

2016-4-11
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

kenargo Posted at 2016-4-12 01:30
The GO app told me I needed to update the RC (so I allowed it).  Then the RC won't connect to the  ...

kenargo,
   Did support have you reset the RC by pressing the C1,C2,Recording and Scroll buttons? DJI-Ken indicates that this will reset you back to v1.3 and will allow updates from there.
The procedure is to press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again, but the auto download will try to get 1.6.00 with the new encryption.

So you will want to download and manually install 1.5.80 using USB again. Get it from DJI, here...
2016-4-11
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-4-11 11:32
kenargo,
   Did support have you reset the RC by pressing the C1,C2,Recording and Scroll buttons?  ...

They didn't have me try this but I found a local that hadn't updated and we where able to get my Inspire 1 out of travel mode and update it.

All is better now.

That said, a comment intended for DJI:  The GO app should have enforced the update order!!!!!

DJI tells people to use the GO app to manage updates but in this case the GO app caused the problem (to me and countless others).  When I opened the GO app it said I needed to update the RC (not the aircraft) so I followed directions.  If there is an order to things then the app should enforce it!
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

kenargo Posted at 2016-4-12 02:55
They didn't have me try this but I found a local that hadn't updated and we where able to get my I ...

Could you please leave me your e-mail, we'll try to come up with the solution
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules