what are some advices for not crashing the phantom 4?
1151 6 2016-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lifeto
New

South Korea

Hello.

So, apparatanly my brand new phantom 4 is in the shipping process and i think it will arrive at my house tomorrow afternoon.

i've been trying to watch almost any tutorials or video footages for all there is to know about the phantom 4,

but seeing so many of the cases of phantom motor failure or compass failure,

i am a bit concerned that it will crash or simply stop working right above the ocean.

what are some advices available by the experiences of dealing with the phantom series so far in order for me to not crash phantom 4?

thanks.

2016-4-10
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Don't worry about "so many of the cases of phantom motor failure or compass failure".
Think about how many cases you've heard of and put that in the perspective of how many thousands DJI is selling.
Download the manual from DJI and read and read.
When you go to fly, find a large open area clear of trees and buildings.
Flying close to obstacles accounts for hundreds more lost Phantoms than whatever you are worried about.
2016-4-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

'i am a bit concerned that it will crash or simply stop working right above the ocean.'

Then do not fly over the ocean until you have gained experience. Start off by reading the manual thoroughly, practice in the simulator, then take small flights over land in clear, open areas. Read this forum and learn. Then, when you are confident, perhaps fly over the ocean.
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, here are some safety tips and hope they could help you :https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r
It would be better to read the user manual wholly before your first flight.
2016-4-11
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Paladin is dead on!!!..............maybe dead is not the right word to use when talking about a P4 (sorry).......let's say nailed it.
I would even add read the manual through 2 times and watch all the safety videos at least twice also.
You can never memorize enough safety info.
2016-4-11
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

Read the manual. The complete manual will not come in the box you receive. You will need to download it and print it. Do so. And then fly in an open area. Take it slow.
2016-4-11
Use props
stvnvicbc
lvl.2

Canada

I tend not to fly over open water too often, my bird already spent a week in the rice box.

As for crashing... THATS pretty much on the operator (voice of experience speaking).  I highly recommend dedicating some time on the simulator before going out to the field with your buddy and saying "watch this" just prior to treeing it.
2016-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules