Overcharged battery?
7069 8 2016-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kcollins1800
New

United States

Hi there,

I charged my battery for my Osmo and accidentally left it charging overnight. Did I overcharge it? Every time I try to power up my Osmo, it won't turn on. If I put my ear close to the Osmo, I can hear a faint fan but that is it.

Any advice?

Thanks!
Katelyn
2016-4-11
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Have you tried to put it back into the charger to see if the charge light stays green or turns red? when you were charging it was the red light on to show charging? Its not a good idea to leave charged battery in the charger
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
The Osmo battery is intelligent battery, normally, it has the ability of over-charging protection, but, yes, it's not a good idea to leave it charging overnight.
When you tried to power on the Osmo, have you noticed how the indicators work?
Please check the connection of the battery, you can also try with another battery if you have.
Please try to connect to the DJI GO App and see how it works..

What's the firmware version of your Osmo? We suggest upgrading it to the latest one.
2016-4-11
Use props
Kcollins1800
New

United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-4-11 19:37
Have you tried to put it back into the charger to see if the charge light stays green or turns red?  ...

Hi! Thanks for this. When I initially charged it, the light turned green. That was when I had left it overnight so it definitely was overcharged.

I put the battery back in the charger just now and the green light turned red. What does this mean? Should I leave it on the charger?

Thank you!
2016-4-14
Use props
Kcollins1800
New

United States

Kcollins1800 Posted at 2016-4-14 10:28
Hi! Thanks for this. When I initially charged it, the light turned green. That was when I had left ...

UPDATE: I took the battery out after a few minutes and it was 20% charged. The Osmo worked again! I've downloaded a more updated version of the firmware and once I'm fully charged, I will update my Osmo.

I think this has been resolved! Thanks for your help!
2016-4-14
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Kcollins1800 Posted at 2016-4-14 22:28
Hi! Thanks for this. When I initially charged it, the light turned green. That was when I had left ...

Hi, glad to hear that your battery is ok, you will find that the battery will not overcharge if left on the charger but it will discharge, so once the light turns from red to green (charged) remove the battery from the charger, don't leave the battery sitting in the charger, even if the charger is plugged or unplugged from the wall socket (power supply)  it will discharge the battery.
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Kcollins1800 Posted at 2016-4-14 22:48
UPDATE: I took the battery out after a few minutes and it was 20% charged. The Osmo worked again!  ...

I'm glad to hear of the good news from you, too!
According to your description, In my judgement, your Osmo and battery are all in good conditions.
Please note that, if your plug the charger to the power without the battery, the indicator of the charger will lit solid green. When you put the battery with low power into the charger which is plugged into the power supply, the indicator will turn from green to red, it means the battery is charging, after it's fully charged, the indicator will turn to green from red.
2016-4-14
Use props
fans83ad0550
lvl.1

Kenya

Hi,
My dji osmo x3 has a nonstop beeping sound after power on and the green LED blinks insync with the beeping.The screen won't show any image it turns black..what might be the problem?
2018-1-18
Use props
fans7df69b81
New

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-14 22:45
I'm glad to hear of the good news from you, too!
According to your description, In my judgement, your Osmo and battery are all in good conditions.
Please note that, if your plug the charger to the power without the battery, the indicator of the charger will lit solid green. When you put the battery with low power into the charger which is plugged into the power supply, the indicator will turn from green to red, it means the battery is charging, after it's fully charged, the indicator will turn to green from red.

Hey so I’m having the same problem. I left it overnight charging by accident. After a while it went from 3 white flashing lights to 1 white flashing light. I took it off the charger, and waited and plugged it back in, but it’s back to 1 flashing light with the green light lit. Not sure what to do, can you please advise me
2019-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules