Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A word of caution!
1540 7 2015-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arctictern
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Just had a flight with my Inspire and it was definitely displaying some odd behaviour. In GPS mode it didn't seem to be able to hold a hover very well and couldn't maintain a set altitude with-out some user input, it was drifting either up or down. It also made a few moves in a lateral direction with-out any user input and it was quite a struggle just to keep it in one position hovering. First time I have experienced this in the seven flights so far. Did all of the calibrations, IMU, GPS, had GPS lock etc etc Needless to say I didn't keep flying and landed asap and think I will keep it that way until these issues have been dealt with. There is a bit of wind here today but was in a fairly sheltered location and only took it no more than 3 metres up. My Phantom would be able to keep position in the conditions.
2015-1-14
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

i had this also today, bit of wind but nothing much, but was definitely unstable, up and down, side to side etc. Just didn't know quite what it was doing.

Ive grounded myself now
2015-1-14
Use props
mtnred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

AshInspire1 Posted at 2015-1-14 22:51
i had this also today, bit of wind but nothing much, but was definitely unstable, up and down, side  ...

Had the same yesterday on low hover but not on high .I am thinking I may put her away until the new update.
2015-1-14
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

mtnred@gmail.co Posted at 2015-1-14 23:17
Had the same yesterday on low hover but not on high .I am thinking I may put her away until the ne ...

Yep same here, hopefully they sort it out pronto
2015-1-14
Use props
Arctictern
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have had a look at the flight log. After take off it drifts forward 11 metres until I put in some stick input to stop it. It was in GPS mode and I only put in an upward input on the controller to take off and go hopefully into a hover as is usual. It was only a drift from the I1 though and not the aggressive movement seen or described in some of the crash reports. Maybe it just doesn't like any type of a breeze at all, not sure. It also feels like a bit of a loss in confidence after reading some of the crash reports and a slight feeling that you don't quite know what will happen next. Best Idea i think - grounded until we get some firmware.
2015-1-14
Use props
Drone Down Unde
Second Officer

Australia

I wonder then if it could have something too do with the *Optical Flow technology*  giving wrong readings or sensor issues..What surface were they been flown over?  Dose it persist over a certain hight?...Anything could be causing it Hope mine IF* i ever receive it hasn't any serious issues
2015-1-14
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

maybe you need an IMU calibration and your first calibration is to long ago. It gets slightly decalibrated after every flight, at least the Phantom.
2015-1-14
Use props
pidetectives
First Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Theres a bug in IMU. I got mine yesterday you have grounded it untill the new update comes out in a few days.
2015-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules