Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can I fly near George Washington Bridge? (NJ side)
1164 1 2016-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ISA AYDIN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 504692 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi, I have heard many times that you can't fly near GW bridge. I did some reseach on the internet and couldn't find even one law or regulation prohibiting flying and filming GW Bridge from NJ side.  Anybody who has more info on this, please share only facts and links to regulations, as somebodies opinion won't help us if police comes to arrest ))))

Thank you.
2016-4-11
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.3

United States

I do not believe that there is a permanent NFZ involving the GW Bridge, however there are TFZs (Temporary [No-] Flight Zone restrictions) that might potentially apply to you under certain circumstances.  See the referenced regulations regarding TFRs involving "Stadiums":

https://www.faasafety.gov/gslac/ ... 40&preview=true

You may wish to confirm with your Regional FAA Flight Standards District Office if this applies to UAS aircraft as well.  Some folks were arrested in 2014 while operating their UASs in the proximity of the GWB, but that was primarily because they were also exceptionally close to police helicopters that were flying nearby.

As a 3-mile radius extending out from Yankee Stadium might potentially encompass the area you are interested in, you may want to also take heed of the Yankees' schedule if you are a Mets fan ;) .
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules