Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Older version of dji assistant app
2733 19 2016-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daniel
lvl.1

Canada

The latest version of assistant app does not work on my iPhone 4s iOS 7.1.2. Is there somewhere I can go back to an older version of dji assistant that does work?
NB The latest version says it's compatible with this iOS and phone, but is not.
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
May I know which assistant App you are talking about? We have different assistant App for different product.
2016-4-11
Use props
daniel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It's for the Ronin M
2016-4-13
Use props
daniel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dji-assistant/id699413553?mt=8

The link to the app is above.  I have tried downloading it several times.  It immediately crashes on my phone each time I try to open it.
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daniel@danielha Posted at 2016-4-14 00:39
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dji-assistant/id699413553?mt=8

The link to the app is above.  I h ...

Sorry about the issue!
It should work in iPhone 4s. You may need to check your Phone's condition, the long-terms using may run down the properties of the phone, you can check it with a new phone if it's possible.
2016-4-15
Use props
daniel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-15 09:45
Sorry about the issue!
It should work in iPhone 4s. You may need to check your Phone's condition,  ...

The phone is in good condition and all other apps are working well.  Is there a problem with the IOS?  I am currently running IOS 7.1.2 (your website says this is okay for the app, but it isn't working).

2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daniel@danielha Posted at 2016-4-15 19:58
The phone is in good condition and all other apps are working well.  Is there a problem with the I ...

Hi,
Sorry about that!
Could you please try with another Phone of the same model if possible?
Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-4-15
Use props
daniel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-16 08:54
Hi,
Sorry about that!

I have used the app with an iphone6 and it works fine.  (it also works on my iPad running the latest IOS).

I don't have another iPhone4s to try this on unfortunately.  
2016-4-16
Use props
daniel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-16 08:54
Hi,
Sorry about that!

I managed to get a friend to test it.  He also has an iPhone4s running IOS 7.1.2

He had the same result.  The app will not open and immediately returns to the home screen.

2016-4-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daniel@danielha Posted at 2016-4-17 03:00
I managed to get a friend to test it.  He also has an iPhone4s running IOS 7.1.2

He had the same ...

Hi,
Please don't forget to connect your phone to the Ronin-M via Bluetooth in the Assistant App. You'd better shut down your Internet WiFi connection.
Please try again, If the problem can't be solved, please let me know.

At the same time, we would suggest you to try to install the App in iPhone 5s or above.
2016-4-18
Use props
daniel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-18 10:51
Hi,
Before installing this Assistant App, please don't forget to connect your phone to the Ronin-M ...

I have installed this app on the iPhone 6 (this works with no problem)
I have installed this app on my iPad running the latest IOS (this also works with no problem)

Sorry, I don't understand your instructions.

You say "Before installing this Assistant APP, please don't forget to connect your phone to the Ronin-M via bluetooth"

How is this possible?  The phone can only be connected to the Ronin M via the app.

Also you 2nd piece of advice says "shut down your internet wifi..during installation"  I need the wifi in order to download the app.  It instals and downloads pretty much instantaneously.

My guess would be this app doesn't work with the iPhone4s or IOS 7.1.2

Older versions of this app worked with no issue.

2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daniel@danielha Posted at 2016-4-18 22:56
I have installed this app on the iPhone 6 (this works with no problem)
I have installed this app o ...

Sorry! I made some mistakes and I thought you had trouble with installing the App. I beg your pardon!

Have you tried to open the Assistant App with the Internet connection shut off?
The Assistant App may run better in a mobile phone with higher configuration along with the updates afterwards. However, after double check the compatibility with iPhone 4S with our engineers, the answer is positive.
2016-4-18
Use props
daniel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi.  I just tried that. It makes no difference. I turned off the wifi and cellular data. The app responds the same way, it crashes immediately.
2016-4-19
Use props
daniel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Are you able to check with the engineers to confirm that the app will work with IOS 7.1.2   If it isn't the phone maybe it's the IOS
2016-4-19
Use props
daniel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

daniel@danielha Posted at 2016-4-19 09:45
Are you able to check with the engineers to confirm that the app will work with IOS 7.1.2   If it is ...

Hi

Any update on this?  Since I have tried to use the app on two iPhone 4s both running iOS 7.1.2. It is clear the app doesn't work on this setup.  
2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daniel@danielha Posted at 2016-4-21 16:29
Hi

Any update on this?  Since I have tried to use the app on two iPhone 4s both running iOS 7.1. ...

Sorry! I haven't  got any update yet.
Thanks for your feedback! Once we confirm this issue, we would deal with it properly.

Along with continuous new updates, the higher the configuration in the mobile device, the better the compatibility with the Assistant software would be.
2016-4-21
Use props
daniel
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi. Any news on this?  Do you know if the iPhone 4s will work if it is upgraded to ios 9.2 or not?
2016-5-1
Use props
daniel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi. Are you able to update me with anything?  I now have a ronin m that I can't use.

Let me know if you are going to update the app so it works with iOS 7 and or iPhone 4s

Is it the phone or the iOS which is the issue.

Your app says it works with iOS 7.2 and iPhone 4s but we have established it does not.  

Please can you get back to me

Thanks
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

daniel@danielha Posted at 2016-5-19 19:17
Hi. Are you able to update me with anything?  I now have a ronin m that I can't use.

Let me know if ...

Hello.
It should be compatible with the iPhone 4s.
How long have you been using your iPhone 4s?
Could you please use another mobile device with higher configuration?

Thanks.
2016-5-19
Use props
daniel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-20 08:21
Hello.
It should be compatible with the iPhone 4s.
How long have you been using your iPhone 4s?

I have tried it with 2 x iphone 4s running IOS 7.2 it doesn't work on either.  Although it used to work fine a few versions ago.

It also works fine on my IPad and on a later Iphone models.

Are you sure the IOS isn't the problem?  The app says it is works with IOS 7.2 but it just crashes immediately.

Daniel
2016-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules